Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OLaC

Tubo Evic

Posted (edited)

large.IMG_20190713_152305-756x1008.jpg

I certainly wasn't in the market for another vape, Im quite happy with my Mighty and enano log combo. There have been times though, when playing games or doing some DIY work where I just want a quit hit with no faffing around. 

I came across the Tubo evic on FC forum a few years back and nearly bought one but was put off by the long waiting time so grabbed the Mighty instead and never looked back.

That is..until this fucker popped up on eBay, I sent the guy a fairly low offer expecting him to auto reject it, and he accepted, so now am a proud owner of yet another vape lol.

I've only had one little sample, was pleasantly surprised with decent clouds as I read it might take some tweaking of the settings to get it right. And Jesus...tweak you can, this thing is the most customisable / adjustable vapouriser I've ever owned.

They're all handmade in Switzerland (the heater and wooden case) and powered by an evic ecig box mod using its own tubo firmware. Apparently this one is the first Castello boxwood model. ( who knows, just what the guy told me lol) it runs on 18650 batteries which are easy to swap in out with a magnetised back.

Came with a WPA and whip, I've ordered a wooden stem that takes my mighty capsules.

Features include:

Always on, on demand vape, just click and go!

Cruise mode makes it's a sessional

Auto step temps on cruise mode, choose when and what you want the temps to change to on cruise mode. Eg. start on 180C and step up to 190C then 200C every 200seconds for example

Optional Warm up mode 

Fully customisable software 

Myself and @Cursed are gonna put it through its paces on Monday so will let you know how we get on!

@hippie I saw in a search you have one of these, you still enjoying it, Got any tips for me? :)

Edited by OLaC
Spelling
4 people like this

Looking forward to it man lol

how hot does it go?

ima be battered, haven’t had anything for a few days :mashed:

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Looking forward to it man lol

how hot does it go?

ima be battered, haven’t had anything for a few days :mashed:

Range is between 300-500F  gonna be fun dude lol

1 person likes this

Sweet find  :guitar: 

Looks hardly used too????? 

Not got a Tubo yet but I've tinkered with the tubomyevic software a fair bit with other 510 vapes (Splinters, Z, Imp, Stempod, G43 and some homemade efforts) 

I do have a few of their accessories tho, 2 capsule stems I use with my Splinters, a few inserts, and a whip and adapter that are all top quality goods  :thumsup:

Make a note of the number written on the inside of the battery door - that's the cold resistance reading taken by FunkyJunky for setting up temp control 

Always buy quality batteries like 30Q or HG2 s that can handle the high current draw that these things require 

And grab yourself a proper charger for the batteries if you've not got one already 

Hope you get more from it than the previous owner 

You're gonna love putting the Tubo on for a little cruise on the bong with a WPA and sitting back with the whip  :bong:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@OLaC

T-minus 5 hours and counting

Edited by Cursed
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Cursed said:

@OLaC

T-minus 5 hours and counting

tick tock motherfucker! :cowboy: Im currently testing the equipment...the most responsible thing for me to do, wouldn't want any malfunctions during our session now would we lol 

2 people like this

On 14/07/2019 at 0:56 AM, Hippie on hill said:

Sweet find  :guitar: 

Looks hardly used too????? 

Not got a Tubo yet but I've tinkered with the tubomyevic software a fair bit with other 510 vapes (Splinters, Z, Imp, Stempod, G43 and some homemade efforts) 

I do have a few of their accessories tho, 2 capsule stems I use with my Splinters, a few inserts, and a whip and adapter that are all top quality goods  :thumsup:

Make a note of the number written on the inside of the battery door - that's the cold resistance reading taken by FunkyJunky for setting up temp control 

Always buy quality batteries like 30Q or HG2 s that can handle the high current draw that these things require 

And grab yourself a proper charger for the batteries if you've not got one already 

Hope you get more from it than the previous owner 

You're gonna love putting the Tubo on for a little cruise on the bong with a WPA and sitting back with the whip  :bong:

ah im with you, didnt realise the software was compatible with other 510 vapes, thats interesting. 

good advice on the battery, tried one of my older 18650 batteries and performance went down and was getting weak battery messages so will be ordering some HG2's this weekend.

The number on the back of the battery box is .202 but on the screen its set at .205, Its been working fine, shall i just leave it as is? im guessing/ hoping the previous owner dialled in the best settings, cant be sure tho. 

1 person likes this

Increasing the locked resistance increases the temp of the coil (without increasing the temp shown onscreen) 

And vice versa so if you decrease the locked resistance the coil temp will drop 

The previous owner has increased the locked resistance to increase the coil temp to their liking 

Suck it and see :)

You can adjust the values as you like at any time. 

If you're going to adjust the locked resistance, make a note of the original value so you can go back, and do it in small steps of .001 or .002 ohms  

You can also adjust the TCR value, which is the rate of change of resistance with temp, to increase/decrease the coil temp.

Tubo sets this value at 185 by default and has spent some time determining the TCR and putting the myevic software together so it shouldn't really need adjusting for the Tubo 

Say you increase the temp onscreen by 10 degrees and it doesn't feel like a 10 degree change when you draw, you can adjust the TCR to get that right.

There's a couple of versions of the Tubo software and some instructions here, incase you run into any bother  

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

large.IMG_20190715_163900_1-01-665x887.jpeg@Hippie on hill thanks mate, appreciate the help! 

Just been trying it with the bubbler, i don't seem to be getting as bigger hits as with the whip at the moment, the basket screen for the WPA is smaller mind , regardless, was super smooth and flavourful and I'm adequately high so not complaining lol

Edited by OLaC
Added a pic
2 people like this

Cursed starts dribbling 

1 person likes this

Capsule stem has arrived, I've kind of gotten used to using these from the mighty so am really liking it. Impressed with the stem too, glass insert and a cooler built in.large.IMG_20190722_142337_1-756x1008.jpglarge.IMG_20190722_142253-756x1008.jpg

1 person likes this