Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Is it too late to start growing?

61 posts in this topic

I am in the UK and I want to start my first grow soon I've been researching for a week or so. I'm planning on growing 4 different plants / strains all autoflower. Indoor grow is not an option and there is no way i will be able to do an indoor grow.

I have read you should start the seeds early April or May but obviously it would be too late if that is correct. I've also read they can finish flowering in October though so if I planted in the last week of July would I still be fine and be able to get them to flower?

Theoretically there's enough time for fast auto strains. You just have to hope for as dry an autumn as possible, rotting flowers are a bitch and a half.

1 person likes this

get them started now, sooner the better,what autos have you got?

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, FlyingArse said:

Theoretically there's enough time for fast auto strains. You just have to hope for as dry an autumn as possible, rotting flowers are a bitch and a half.

Thanks for the reply. So it's the humidity that kills the plant and not the temperature? If it's just humidity I feel like it should be fine judging by the past few years it gets frosty far after October.

5 minutes ago, nathanhoward said:

Thanks for the reply. So it's the humidity that kills the plant and not the temperature? If it's just humidity I feel like it should be fine judging by the past few years it gets frosty far after October.

An ideal nighttime temperature for cannabis is around 17-20degrees Celcius. It can survive below that, but once you get to below 13c the growth stops completely. Autos are generally a bit hardier, though.

Edited by FlyingArse
1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, stayup4ever said:

get them started now, sooner the better,what autos have you got?

Haven't ordered the seeds yet but thinking bubblegum, blackberry, amnesia haze and blue cheese. I'll order when I'm sure it's fine to plant this year if not I will wait it out til next year

ah ok,i'd get them ordered and started asap if you do want to grow them this year,you're looking at a mid october finish roughly..good luck

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, FlyingArse said:

An ideal nighttime temperature for cannabis is around 17-20degrees Celcius. It can survive below that, but once you get to below 13c the growth stops completely. Autos are generally a bit hardier, though.

Roush estimates on the weather in October are saying 12 degrees at night. Would it completely kill the plant or just simply not grow at night but grow again through the day?

Just now, nathanhoward said:

Roush estimates on the weather in October are saying 12 degrees at night. Would it completely kill the plant or just simply not grow at night but grow again through the day?

I would be way more worried about mold, it will start in september I expect, especially if it's wet/damp

2 people like this

Just now, cumbriangreen said:

You don't grow outdoors you really don't need to comment. 

lollol You can go fuck yourself mate

FYI I have grown outdoors and in poly tunnels, and I also grow indoors, what about you?

7 people like this

I'm howling right now, you don't need to comment, gonna try that one on my Mrs recon her response will be the same as Ratties.

No respect for Ratdogs 60k + posts, or his dairies, or awesome allotment, just a fuck off

Edited by Green demon
13 people like this

Just now, Green demon said:

I'm howling right now, you don't need to comment, gonna try that one on my Mrs 

She'll probably tell you to go fuck yourself too! lol

3 people like this

She'd be right to, as were you mate, still chuckling lollol

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Green demon said:

She'd be right to, as were you mate, still chuckling lollol

I just had to tell someone in waitrose to fuck himself too lol I had a t-shirt on that suggested that tories are rats, he said it wasn't very liberal and did I think it was OK to make that comparison, I said yes and walked off, I had to go back down the same isle again as I had forgotten something, and he said snidely "well, we know what you are then" so I said "fuck you" I bet all the shoppers wondered who the fuck said that lol

7 people like this

2 hours ago, FlyingArse said:

Mate, that is complete waffle....Autos are not hardier, and cannabis doesn't stop growing when the night time temps go below 13c.....

@nathanhoward

To be honest dude, I would leave it until next season....especially seeing as you haven't even got the seeds yet.

If they all turn into mould….that can put you off for life lol

Start them late april/early may.....that will give them a proper go....

Check a few diaries out.....and read some more, a lot more....a week of reading is fuck all.....you'll never be a titchmarsh ha ha

the fucking autos ch@ppers grew last year were like photoperiods :eek:

not sure when he started them though....

hope it all goes well

:skin_up:

8 people like this