Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cannaberry

I need help!

I have 2 sick plants that I can't figure out. Their leaves are turning yellow and one's in the flowering stage.

large.flower.jpglarge.5d2771d480271_sickplant3-a.jpglarge.flower2.jpg

I have tested both soil and water pH. Water is 6.6 and soil is 6.8. I have been feeding all of my plants an organic tea that I make out of distilled water, unsulphured molasses, liquid kelp, peat humus compost, worm castings, and an organic bloom fertilizer. At the time I only had orchid bloom booster, and have now gotten rose bloom fertilizer. I'm not sure if this is what made her sick though as I have 4 other healthy clones that are getting the same thing.

large.5d2771c6a034d_healthyplant-a.jpg

Our temps here have been in the mid-90s but the heat index has been around 110. Can anyone help me?

There doesn't look to be many leaves on the sick plants and I'm finding with my current grow that some leaves are pretty much exactly the same as yours, except i believe mine is a combination of cal/mag issue and lack of light.

If there's a deficiency the plant will pull what it needs for the flowers from other leaves, but i'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along to offer their views on the matter.

1 person likes this

They look starving.  Are you feeding with enough nitrogen?  Are they getting enough water?  Things will dry up pretty fast in those temps.

2 people like this

Look hungry mate I'd up the bloom feed a little 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, JJJ said:

They look starving.  Are you feeding with enough nitrogen?  Are they getting enough water?  Things will dry up pretty fast in those temps.

I water them when they start to feel light, so every few days or so. The NPK ratio on the bloom booster is 15-35-11. I was thinking of switching them to an organic tomato food that has a ratio of 2-5-3. I am also thinking of adding bokashi bran to my organic tea mix to see if that helps.

I appreciate the responses and after thinking about it I remembered I switched my water source from rainwater to distilled because I noticed that the plants weren't absorbing much water. I also made my first couple of batches of tea with rainwater. I remembered something I read about nutrient lock caused by improper pH and too much or too little fertilizer (that's why the switch of food). A few weeks ago I started using only distilled water for watering and making tea ( I really need to invest in an RO water filtration system). I had a fresh batch of rainwater (I still use it on my vegetable plants) so decided to test it. Its pH reading was 7.61! Much higher than what I thought it was. Also, I was told by the place that I bought the clones from to feed them once every ten days. How often should I be feeding them? I'm wondering if it's a combination of the rainwater and feeding schedule that's caused the problem. Hopefully, I can get it fixed. Any more advice is greatly appreciated :)