Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ROCKSTEADY6

Nutrient advice for Autos

27 posts in this topic

Hi All. I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice on the nutrients I have acquired. I am finishing off a micro grow but trying to plan for the next one which is two Rhino Ryder autos. Some of the information here on compost and soil is incredible so thanks to those that posted it. I think some of my nutrients might be killing the beneficial organisms in the soil. A bit annoying as I am sure the labels said they were for use with soil. Can anyone please help me with what they suggest keeping and what to give a miss that would be really appreciated. Currently I was planning on using these - 

Bio Bizz All Mix 

Canna Rhizotonic

Plant Magic Silicon

Plant Magic Nitrozyme

Canna Terra Vega

Canna PK 13/14 - probably most worried about this one

Plant Magic Mag/Cal

I really hope they aren't all terrible. 

Posted (edited)

You can grow A* canna with just decent compost., your terra vega for veg and get yourself a bottle of canna terra Flores for flowering.

You don't need the rest. 

If you fancy a look at cannabis grown using just these. My diary "the low maintenance way" covers those nutrients albeit not with autos.

My diary in my sig shows a load of autos grown using just pm grow, bloom and calmag but to be honest I wouldn't recommend plant magic for base nutrients any more.

I haven't needed the calmag since going over to canna nutes and I'm well happy with the results.

Good luck mate

E2a. That's not to say that the others aren't viable or suitable products. You just don't need them to grow top shelf canna

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
4 people like this

18 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

You can grow A* canna with just decent compost., your terra vega for veg and get yourself a bottle of canna terra Flores for flowering.

You don't need the rest. 

If you fancy a look at cannabis grown using just these. My diary "the low maintenance way" covers those nutrients albeit not with autos.

My diary in my sig shows a load of autos grown using just pm grow, bloom and calmag but to be honest I wouldn't recommend plant magic for base nutrients any more.

I haven't needed the calmag since going over to canna nutes and I'm well happy with the results.

Good luck mate

E2a. That's not to say that the others aren't viable or suitable products. You just don't need them to grow top shelf canna

@blackpoolbouncerayup mate, why not that schedule with autos? Do you use organic with autos?

2 people like this

Cheers @blackpoolbouncer and sorry to re ask another question but do you use anything natural/organic, such as mixed in your compost, for root expansion/growth if you don't use Rhizotonic or similar? I didn't see you mention anything so i presume not. I have this weird obsession with having great roots even though i don't see them. That White Widow auto you grew from @Dinafem-Mark is a beautiful plant. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Arshlay I wouldn't recommend the plant magic of grow and bloom anymore because the formula changed. I just think there's better nutrients in the market.

A good base nutrient should be all you really need. Anything on top of that, like rhizotonic @ROCKSTEADY6 is extra but not necessary.

Think of stuff like rhizotonic, silicone, ok boosters etc, like ketchup.

You can make a damned fine burger without ketchup if you got your ingredients right but some like a bit of sauce.

It's not nessesaeily gonna be a better burger but it hasn't done any harm by adding it.

Unless like many do with pk boosters etc and overdo something. 

Before you know it you've got a burger swimming in different sauces and it's gone to shit.

It's early and that's the best analogy I can think of lol

Really they are just ways to get extra money out of you. 

If your set on amazing roots use the rhizotonic or some form of mycorohizal fungi. But again, these aren't needed for amazing roots. They do help if your watering schedule isn't on point.

E2a. I come at growing weed how I approach any plant. It's all the same, but coming from a professional horticultural point of view, cannabis, one of the easiest plants to grow seems to be the only type of plant that salespeople would have you believe you need 15 different bottles to grow it. You dont

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
11 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer do you use the standard canna vega/flores mate or do you use their bio line? 

17 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Sorry to bombard you with questions here mate but I'm really interested in getting my Blumat on the go next time around like you've been doing.  Can I ask, are you in a hard or soft water area, or do you reckon the Canna nutes are sufficiently stocked to cope with the plants' demands regardless?

Just now, Autobud said:

@blackpoolbouncer do you use the standard canna vega/flores mate or do you use their bio line? 

The standard line, I use it through blumat drippers which is why I don't use anything organic anymore because they microbore pipe blocks.

I haven't used the bioline so can't really comment on it but if I was going back to handwatering that would be where I'd look

2 people like this

Just now, JJJ said:

Sorry to bombard you with questions here mate but I'm really interested in getting my Blumat on the go next time around like you've been doing.  Can I ask, are you in a hard or soft water area, or do you reckon the Canna nutes are sufficiently stocked to cope with the plants' demands regardless?

My water varies sometimes but it's generally relatively soft with a ph of 6-7 so decent to start with.

I used to have to use calmag with pm oldtimers religiously but since switching to canna ive not had to use a drop so make of that what you will mate 

3 people like this

im not using cal mag with my cannabis  i have to with my chillis they eat calcium for fun 

I've just had a good crop of autos, not dry yet, using Buddha's Tree nutes. Organicus base feed with added molasses and PK 9/18 booster; they got 2 half strength boost feeds and 2 full strength which has given a good crop and the Jack47 XL  from Sweet that I've had so far has been strong and clean tasting. No imbalance symptoms to speak of, it doesn't do any harm to use the Organicus at full strength.

Jack47 XL Auto only got launched in January,I haven't seen any reports on it yet.  I popped 2, one more sativa-ish which had nitrogen clawing for some reason, yield was pretty good but I didn't bother weighing it. It's supposed to take 9 weeks and was indeed bang on ready on the 63rd day. Nice rich taste but could probably seriously improve with some curing, my guess at the strength would be about 20-22%. Nice fat buds all the way down the stems, definitely worth the XL tag.

On 11/07/2019 at 10:53 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

My water varies sometimes but it's generally relatively soft with a ph of 6-7 so decent to start with.

I used to have to use calmag with pm oldtimers religiously but since switching to canna ive not had to use a drop so make of that what you will mate 

Hi BB, do you flush when using canna? I am using PM Oldtimer Bloom at the moment and thinking of changing to canna on my next grow. Thanks 

@Mbr I do mate. Don't overdo the feed and give em ten days or so on water gives me a nice clean perfect smoke. 

1 person likes this

@Mbr I do mate. Don't overdo the feed and give em ten days or so on water gives me a nice clean perfect smoke. 

I have been very impressed with the canna nutrients using them through blumats. Takes 2 minutes a day to water a 1.5x1.5m tent 

1 person likes this

@blackpoolbouncer please could I ask a couple of questions about the blumats. I am using 11ltr pots, although planning on the orange buckets for next grow as every time I go into b and q where they're outside the entrance by the hundred they taunt me for not using them this time hehe.

How many drippers do you put in each bucket ?

my tent is only 1.2 x 1.2 so I really have to move them to lst etc. ... would that mean blumats just wouldnt be feasible ?

Thanks very much for any help. I've read so much of your stuff and its one of the things that gave me the confidence to give it a go ... well that and a new gf that smokes like a power station worth of chimneys hehe.