Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hammo44

Auto grow soil recommendations

Planning on starting a 1-2 plant auto grow in the next month or so.

Spent the last month doing my research and I've made decisions on a tent, LED light, strains + all the temp/humidity equipment etc.

One thing I've found hard to reach a decision on is the soil. There's a huge amount of choice and opinion out there. I know autos don't like heavy nutrients early on so looking for a soil with enough nutrients to get through the seedling/veg stage but not too much to cause damage. I'm leaving towards planting the seedling directly to the final pot / medium.

Trimmed it down to plant magic supreme, plagron batmix & happy frog potting soil. Looking to add some work castings but avoiding perlite if possible.

I read a lot about biobizz but not always good. 

Just wondering what people's experiences are with any of the above and any others I might not have considered?

I did read the stickie but wanted to put the question out there.

Thanks

Biobiz allmix in a 11L pots the way I go - I have no complaints :)

2 people like this

keep it simple use light mix bio blizz grow ,bloom and topmax  11ltr pots or  light mix and bio tabs starter kits just add water for grow easy for auto

2 people like this

I've got my autos in H&G Batmix.  All I use is Biobizz fish mix, Biobizz bloom and cal/mag.  I also added a bag of worm castings to the mix for good measure.

Best not to start in Batmix though.  It's usually a bit hot.

Plant Magic Soil Supreme is a nice airy and fluffy soil for autos too.

Keep it simple and good luck :yep:

1 person likes this

On 05/07/2019 at 2:33 PM, Hammo44 said:

Planning on starting a 1-2 plant auto grow in the next month or so.

Spent the last month doing my research and I've made decisions on a tent, LED light, strains + all the temp/humidity equipment etc.

One thing I've found hard to reach a decision on is the soil. There's a huge amount of choice and opinion out there. I know autos don't like heavy nutrients early on so looking for a soil with enough nutrients to get through the seedling/veg stage but not too much to cause damage. I'm leaving towards planting the seedling directly to the final pot / medium.

Trimmed it down to plant magic supreme, plagron batmix & happy frog potting soil. Looking to add some work castings but avoiding perlite if possible.

I read a lot about biobizz but not always good. 

Just wondering what people's experiences are with any of the above and any others I might not have considered?

I did read the stickie but wanted to put the question out there.

Thanks

I've used plagron batmix from seed for 3 different strains with no problem at all. You can just water for the first 30 days maybe more see how it goes. Mine are all going perfect no nute burn at all. 

Get on the clover multi purpose cheap as chips and excellent stuff to 

1 person likes this

Cheers for the recommends, definitely gives me a bit of grower insight.

Just need to decide now :skin_up:

Canna terra pro soil mix for me, used it on my last grow and had tremendous root growth, so impressed that I'm using it again on my current auto grow:yep:

19 hours ago, Kaidog said:

Canna terra pro soil mix for me, used it on my last grow and had tremendous root growth, so impressed that I'm using it again on my current auto grow:yep:

Cheers for the link. Read through your grow diaries and they are full of great info. Much appreciated.

An update on the original thread. Decided to go with PM supreme and old timer grow and bloom nutes.

Probably pick up some OT root stimulant, bio silicon and granules in case these are needed.

I've read good things about the PM range and reviewed the schedules etc. With it being the first grow, I can always try different products for the next one but from what I've read, PM soil is kind for seedling to final pot and the nutes have good reviews/ratios. Want to take some of the guesswork out for the first grow and concentrate on observing and following the schedules (building up from a lower dose than the schedules state as I've read during my research).

Based on the soil and nutes, does anyone think fish mix on top - maybe starting 20 Days in would be overkill? Also, not sure if I need to add CalMag in aswell?