Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

monnema

worried NewBie here ;)

31 posts in this topic

Hiya,

I started growing Northern Lights Autos last thursday, well 4 on thursday, run out of coco, 2 on saturday lol. No nutes only water (PH6.0-6.5). One of the 4 is nearly half as big as the others but all the tips around the leaves are slightly curling up and there is a bit of yellowing happening I think?

Camera won't focus properly :wallbash:

Am I getting paranoid already? :headpain:

large.IMG_20190704_111708.jpg

I’m a newbee like yourself and I grow in soil but I will give you me 2p and somebody more experienced will put me right if I’m wrong. 

I belive your seedling is hungry. Coco has got no feed whatsoever so you might want to introduce some nutes. I would suggest 1/4 strength and see how it responds. :haveadab:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the repy,

sorry forgot to mention that my media is Ecothrive Coco pre-mixesd with 2% Ecothrive Charge(NPK3-2-3)

I've been holding off on the nutes till yesterday when I stuck one biotab in the coco but the leave curling happened before that

I also got problems keeping the temps down and the Humidity up in the day which is currently at 31.5* and 49% (attic grow)

:wallbash:

Edited by monnema

In that case I will wish you the very best and let someone more experienced to help you. About the excessive heat I have the same problem but a couple of co2 bags from eBay at about £4 a bag in the tent or room will help your plants cope with temperatures. :smokin:

I can't see anything to be too worried about.  The leaves look like they're twisting a little, which is their attempt at cooling down, maybe move the light up a bit and get a fan blowing in between the plant/s and the light source.

cheers guys,

@Newbee14I didn't know about the CO2 against high temps, on it like sonic :med:

@FatBoy77  yep done all that couple of days ago :down: I also got the intake pipe hanging down the attic hatch to suck the cooler air up into the grow room. The attic itself is at a boiling 38° and I managed to bring the grow room down to 32.8° which is still to high

but its the best I can do atm. Oh and I put plastic cups bk over em to at leaset get the humidity bk up :rockon:

1 person likes this

Looks ok to me. Nothing to worry about. Don't fuss it too much and let it do it's thing. It will drop the first set of leaves as it gets older anyway.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Newbee14 said:

In that case I will wish you the very best and let someone more experienced to help you. About the excessive heat I have the same problem but a couple of co2 bags from eBay at about £4 a bag in the tent or room will help your plants cope with temperatures. :smokin:

Don't listen to this dogshit advice. Don't buy CO2 bags. Presume you don't have a sealed room if you are asking about your seedling. Control heat issue another way. Well ask someone else first. 

2 people like this

Steady on fella. It’s my first day on here and a lot of aggression coming from you there. I gave him my opinion based on something that’s worked for me. I might be a noob but I can see why people don’t bother with these forums. I thought having a opinion ( even if dogshit) is allowed , no?

1 person likes this

Just now, Newbee14 said:

Steady on fella. It’s my first day on here and a lot of aggression coming from you there. I gave him my opinion based on something that’s worked for me. I might be a noob but I can see why people don’t bother with these forums. I thought having a opinion ( even if dogshit) is allowed , no?

Sorry mate. I am old and don't beat around the bush. Thought it was terrible advice. He has heat issues and £4 bags of Co2 aint his solution. Thinking about his ventilation should be his first thought. 

He’s right though lol them co2 bags don’t do fack all.

heats your main problem.. its the main reason i can’t grow at this time of year as, like you, i’m in the loft space.. its blumin hot up there..

is it possible to put an extractor fan in the loft to try and suck out some of that warm air the sun and the growroom generate?

Posted (edited)

I hear you both. I have same problem. I’m bringing in fresh air from 2 intakes from outside.also 2 6 inch fans on inside tent. One of them oscillating  Temps in hit 35c today and the girls are still praying and loving it. You both might be right maybe it’s genetics and nothin to do with co2 but worth a try if there is nothing else you can do. A/c would be nice just too expensive for me and probably no space. Peace brothers. 

Also I said help not solve the issue. :wallbash::haveadab:

Edited by Newbee14
Didn’t finish my line of thought there.
2 people like this

7 hours ago, Newbee14 said:

C02 will only help if you have a sealed environment c02 bags will offer little to no help because it will be getting sucked out by your ventilation before the ppms can raise. I have an exhale bag under my canopy with the idea extraction will at least pull the c02 into contact with the leaves but no noticeable difference at all. Silica is your best option for protecting your plants against heat I think ( not counting an extraction upgrade) environment is the most important factor in your grow.

Silica is cheap and it is very beneficial to your plants but I think that alone won't cut it id really be looking into doing something about those temps. in veg it's ok I think but in flower it's too hot. Having your lights on through the night when it's colder will help a little. But I won't lie if I saw 31° in my tent I'd be on my way for a bigger fan immediately lol

Good luck 

1 person likes this

What ever you do, don’t add any silicon additives during the flower phase - you’ll end up with a hard, black ash that doesn’t flick off easy when you try smoking your joints. Makes your bud proper harsh and nasty.. 

:yep: 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, Pot Luck said:

What ever you do, don’t add any silicon additives during the flower phase - you’ll end up with a hard, black ash that doesn’t flick off easy when you try smoking your joints. Makes your bud proper harsh and nasty.. 

:yep: 

what if you used silicon once just when it had started flowering?