Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RSav

Yellow mottling on leaves

Hi guys, first time grower here, I have very little knowledge as of yet and have come across this yellow mottling on some of my leaves. I have taken some off but it keeps happening to others. I don’t want to keep pulling them off, I’m worried I’ll end up with none left haha. 

Any ideas on what it is, what’s causing it and how I can fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

0?ui=2&ik=4a9da63af2&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r9053813540893904325&th=16bb9589628ba18b&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_VDL2kR3KN5LX4KpTUacp3ZOt_ZD2gO0hmYIlIQiHG7Ah1U0LH2isPlf7Gp0mgYz2XgmApD3JHuQVgRSmMJ2QDw-e-nKXmsD6U6DGFl6L79jtDSXai1H_DFsA&disp=emb&realattid=16bb9429f64ef73d42b1

It would be useful if you could upload some pictures for everyone to see and if your plant is in veg or flowering state. 

What are your temps like and what are you growing in? Could be any number of things..

is the yellowing accompanied by any rusty colours?

On 04/07/2019 at 4:33 PM, mystic_roots said:

It would be useful if you could upload some pictures for everyone to see and if your plant is in veg or flowering state. 

I'm not sure how to upload a picture on here but I'll have another look. They're in veg, grown from seed about 2 months ago. Temps are higher than I want them, anywhere between 30 and 34 degrees Celsius. Growing in soil, 600w hps 

Posted (edited)

On 04/07/2019 at 4:33 PM, mystic_roots said:

Just uploaded a photo of the leaf

Edited by RSav

From that one picture it looks very similar to nute burn, are you feeding it any nutrients at the minute? If not it could be N deficiency

I assume you're growing in a tent?

You say you're growing in soil, what type is it? I have seen that some soil won't have enough nutrients in it during veg state, so it could be a deficiency

Posted (edited)

I would hazard a guess that your temps aren’t doing you any favours.. could be causing you issues with your roots.

too hot or too cold and your plant won’t be able to take up nutrients. Very warm temps plus water causes organic material to break down (which is why compost heaps are warm and wet).. 

just my guess - i could be wrong.. i can’t see any pictures.

edit: i found your photo.. that looks like a hungry leaf, which would suggest the nutes aren’t being used fully. Are you able to dim the light to 400w during this warm spell?

Edited by Pot Luck
1 person likes this