Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brent

Should I top auto's?

Been growing gems for a while now. But recently changed to led lights. So am going to try auto. My question is. Do I top or not?? 

1 person likes this

Better to lst unless you have a good idea what your doing and can tell what the plant structure will benefit from it.

It can be done and I've grown some crackers that have been topped. If they are gonna be small plants though I wouldnt suggest it

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I personally wouldn't if first time with autos. The strain choice and timing is key, nothing worse than topping then having the plant go straight into flower. Selective defoliation can have similar results if done correctly but again I would just let it grow naturally if it's your first bash with Autoflowers, I cocked a few up when first growing them.  

Edited by nudger36
2 people like this

So best left alone with my first ones is the general advice. Thanks. What about taking the shaders out? Should I? Or just leave them do they thing? Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this

If the plant doesn't need them, it will shed them itself.

Why change to autos? 

I use two tents. One was for cuttings and vegging. The other for flower. With my new led I can do both in one tent if that makes sense. 

Posted (edited)

I think so mate lol autos aren't as good as photos though smoke wise and more trouble to grow. I think topping is a nono but I don't use autos so not certain most successful grower of autos on here iv noticed is Blackpoolbouncer I'd follow his advice myself sure he can point you in the right direction. 

Good luck 

If it was me I'd keep setup as is now veg and flower room and gradually work the autos into the veg tent 1 a week or something like perpetual grow sort of ( just incase autos don't agree with you) 

Edited by michaeldbc

Lots of good autos available these days, lots of growers top autos too but only if they know the strain or have some understanding of how the strain grows. There is no way of telling if what your smoking is an auto, Alien v Triangle is one of the best plants ive grown be it photo or auto. Personally would just see how it grows naturally at first.

1 person likes this

I would say no. I topped this 3 bears OG and it went straight into flower. I think it would have been much better left alone.

large.IMG_2558.JPGlarge.IMG_2544.JPG

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What was the smoke like with that one @bearukc please? shame she went straight to flower but highlights the risk.

Edited by nudger36

Just now, nudger36 said:

What was the smoke like with that one @bearukc please? shame she went straight to flower but highlights the risk.

Not bad. Sort of woody, lemon, fuely type taste. Possibly a hint of diesel. Quite strong with an initial uppy high followed by a more mellow feel.

1 person likes this