Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bust a nug

What are you favorite nutrients?

29 posts in this topic
I am growing in a DWC setup with a scrog and COB LED.

I currently use GreenLeaf's MEGACROP with CalMag and Great white(baccilus). I am thinking of trying their Sweet candy, bud explosion and their Kelp concentrate.

What do you guys use and have you tried the above? If so what are your experiences?

Canna A&B, canna rhizotonic and cannazym is everything i need :thumsup:

Vitalink Coco Classic.  Its dirt cheap and seems very strong vs normal A&B.   

I hate A&B business, I live a sedentary lifestyle.  

1 person likes this

Growers Ark Coco a&b extra traces & rootstim.

Only just starting out really with these,but they`re fast becoming my best to date.Healthiest plants in a long time.

No ph down used.

No Ec reading.Going by ml per litre.

Reading my plants the best I can.

Tenchie.

6 people like this

One thing all the best growers I've seen seem to agree on is that nutrients are probably the least impactful factor in a grow (air circulation, light, genetics, watering, then feed..)..

9 people like this

been using ionic for over 20 yrs.

1 person likes this

Miracle grow :bong:

1 person likes this

I have tried at least 6 different nutrient makes, some two part and one three part and got good results with all of them. Around 9 years ago I tried Ionic one part nutrient and there was no difference in yield or taste compared to the two and three part nutrients. For me it works out cheaper and is easier and less time consuming than two and three part nutrients. Don't believe all the crap that manufacturers say as a successful grow ultimately comes down to other things like environment, using the right amount of nutes and correct ph.

1 person likes this

Tried a lot and from what I can tell there's fuck all difference between them.  All the same shit with different marketing and labels as far as I'm concerned.  Get your doses right with A and B and the rest is irrelevant too, regardless of line.  Just my thoughts, nothing factual here....

I would disagree, there is a definite difference in them. ive tried most of them over the years, with various results.

ive used Ionic for the last 6-7 years, grow and  bloom, and occasionally pk boost.

canna cal mag

growth technology silicone.

and that's it, you don't need all these extras -in  fact you don't need the pk boosters, ive grown cuts separately, one lot with boosters , one without, the difference was less than 5grams.

6 people like this

11 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

Miracle grow :bong:

used miracle grow when I first started growing. when I changed to organic feed my grow went down hill, took me a little while to realise my soft water supply was ok while using miracle grow but I need to add cal/mag with organic feed. tried different types and found biocanna products are the best but I have to add cal/mag

When I first started it’s was canna a+b and all the other canna products, the more I could put in the more bud I could get I thought :wallbash: but ultimately less is more!

Went with growers ark for a couple of years and they are very good nutes but I like to be able to just grab stuff from my local shop when I need to so I switched to hesi, just tnt for veg and there coco bottle for bloom, very simple.

Mind you I found there rootstim to be absolute shite and bloody expensive so I now use my local shops own brand, cheap as chips and very good stuff, smells like absolute shit so you know it’s good lol!

I was using BioBizz for years but kept getting cal/mag issues. I've swapped to Dutch Pro a few years back and haven't looked back. I don't bother wasting money on boosters. I haven't found one that seems to work without fucking the buds up. I'll sometimes use a little PK13/14 to help slow plants finish quicker.

I like the Ionic one part range and sometimes use the grow in my veg tent. It's the nutrient I always recommend to first timer/novice growers.

Fishmix :magic:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have used canna, House and Garden, a whole range of different branded boosters, and have settled with growers Ark.

I can't know for sure as I've run a different strain every grow, but the only grows that have produced poor results are the ones where I've fucked up myself. Had nothing to do with the nutes I was using. 

My new go to line (think I heard it somewhere) is that nute companies are like the shampoo market. Huge amount of choice, obviously different levels of quality, but they will all do the job. Any mid to high level brand and you can't really go wrong. 

Edited by Alan Johnson
1 person likes this