Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amsterbud

EXHALE CO2 BAG

Posted (edited)

Hi guys ,

so im growing 4 girls in a 4x4 tent im growing in a batmix/coco mixture under a 900w L.E.D light. 

The strains are alien gorilla

Purple bud 

Super skunk

Zkittles

They are on there second week since germination . My temps average at 25c and keeping the rh at 65% with a humidifier. I have an intake fan , exhaust extractor and an oscillating fan on the go. 

On monday i have an EXHALE co2 bag arriving and i have a few questions i just cant seem to get straight answer for online.

ok so firstly my tent does have a ventilation slot that i leave open to allow fresh air in but whilst using the co2 bag do i close it for the remainder of the grow ? 

Secondly the exhaust/extractor do i leave that on or is that just going to suck out all the co2 im trying to give my plants ? 

Im just not too comfortable with the idea of completely sealing my tent and turning off the extraction and fans . Isent warm stagnant air the perfect breeding ground for mould ? 

And my final question do i take the co2 bag out of the tent during lights off ? 

Any answer would really help guys thanks 

Edited by Amsterbud

Posted (edited)

Place it above you plants, or near an active intake if you have one.

Leave your fans running, leave your intake flap open and leave the bag in 24/7.

Edited by Budelaire
2 people like this

Thanks man i’ll do that . Have you ever used one of these co2 bags before ? If so would you recommend them or should i have gone for a instead ? 

I've not used them, but that is the recommended use.  I feel you have to go all in with a closed system vs supplemental, but every little helps.  having it near an intake fan is going to greeatly improve its efficacy and the grow in general.

I'd have personally spent it on an intake vs running it open/passive.

1 person likes this

Fair enough thats what i will do then .. so should i leave my intake fan infront of the airvent as normal or move it elsewhere so its not filling up the tent with so much oxygen ? 

Honestly the amount of CO2 these produce is gonna by tiny. Go for fresh air circulation over the temporary few ppm increase in c02. I'd spend the money on equipment or nutes next time.

2 people like this

Yeah i hear what your saying mate these bags dont give out no where bear as much as a bottle or generator but i thought it might of been a good little boost. My nutes are pretty good  im using the advanced nutrient series also have pk boosters for the flowering . I will run my tent as normal with the normal air exchange ive always had except i will hang the co2 bag behind the intake fan facing the girls so hopefully this will give them maximum effect . Also considering turning my extractor down a speed.

1 person likes this