Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pothead22

Negative pressure

Hoping someone could give me a heads up please...basically Ive been using my 8" rhino LOW power fan with a variac for my extraction. I'm wanting to run an intake with the variac too however the only fan I have to hand is a 6" HIGH power one and was a bit worried it wouldnt keep negative pressure? Cause surely the carbon filter will restrict the flow of my extraction quite a bit..or would it probs be more benefical to get another intake? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

your correct in your thinking, if your in a tent you can normaly see the walls pulling in, tightening  up, you might be ok or if the tent bulges then your not, passive air intake ? 

1 person likes this

Sounds like you are going to have the correct negative pressure to me.. 6" in and 8" out.. So stronger going out than coming in = negative pressure :)

1 person likes this

You should be able to work it out using your fan specs.  Subtract around 25% efficiency for you carbon filter and try to keep bends in the ducting to a minimum.

2 people like this

Thanks for the replies I did end up trying it however and the walls did suck in on the tent pretty well.. for some reason my 6 inch fan is way louder than my 8 inch so consdering going using my 8 inch as an intake and a 10 inch extract, may be overkill but im hoping it will sort the noise. Thanks again.

2 people like this

If using aluminium flexi stretch it taught, reduce friction against the jagged inner walls, quieter and more flow.