Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

geogeo

how to spot mould on buds ?

29 posts in this topic

hi mates , rain'd of work thunder & lighting here at lat 65.3 , run this by u all guys. made a carboard drying box .1 inlet ducted to external air 4" bottom off box

2nd off the top 4" goes to grow room in loft , ( so rhino extracts air flow ,it on 24/7 )  my worry is any mould  on  the buds in box could contaminate the grow room girls

i want to be 1step in front so this doesnt happen. ie do i check buds every day or what ,,  cant see any info on the boards .. for this , kind regards for your replys . geogeo

1 person likes this

Just now, geogeo said:

hi mates , rain'd of work thunder & lighting here at lat 65.3 , run this by u all guys. made a carboard drying box .1 inlet ducted to external air 4" bottom off box

2nd off the top 4" goes to grow room in loft , ( so rhino extracts air flow ,it on 24/7 )  my worry is any mould  on  the buds in box could contaminate the grow room girls

i want to be 1step in front so this doesnt happen. ie do i check buds every day or what ,,  cant see any info on the boards .. for this , kind regards for your replys . geogeo

I think you'll find the spores are all around all of the time so that's why good air flow is important as it stops things getting stagnant and letting the spores get a foot hold, just keep things flowing nicely and you should be fine mate.

3 people like this

Just now, ratdog said:

I think you'll find the spores are all around all of the time so that's why good air flow is important as it stops things getting stagnant and letting the spores get a foot hold, just keep things flowing nicely and you should be fine mate.

ta mate, when the rain stops i think i can do a smoke test to see how much the air is flowing . i heard never smoke a mould'y bud ? ? is it like a spiders web or fungi like on bread ?

cheers mate , 

Just now, geogeo said:

ta mate, when the rain stops i think i can do a smoke test to see how much the air is flowing . i heard never smoke a mould'y bud ? ? is it like a spiders web or fungi like on bread ?

cheers mate , 

No, you do not want to get it in your lungs mate. It's a bit hard to spot the first time as it starts in the centre of the cola and the first signs are dead leaves, the little single ones that stick out of the cola.

this is what it looks like, it's called botrytis

botrytis-hongo-marihuana_SemillasDeMarih

Image result for botrytis on cannabis

6 people like this

Just now, ratdog said:

No, you do not want to get it in your lungs mate. It's a bit hard to spot the first time as it starts in the centre of the cola and the first signs are dead leaves, the little single ones that stick out of the cola.

this is what it looks like, it's called botrytis

Image result for botrytis on cannabis

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

cheers mate , 

gee thannks r/dog , i think i shall turn up the rino its themo type. goin to hang 5 days , weather is crap here , hope yuo are well. regards geogeo,,:mellow: 

1 person likes this

On 24/06/2019 at 4:43 PM, geogeo said:

cheers mate , 

It's usually one called Grey Mould (Botrytis cinerea) - it's the stuff that makes your strawberries go mouldy.

2 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

It's usually one called Grey Mould (Botrytis cinerea) - it's the stuff that makes your strawberries go mouldy.

Surely you can get some cream for that though? 

2 people like this

31 minutes ago, Hairy ape said:

Surely you can get some cream for that though? 

Haha, you're thinking of plums and Tinea cruris :D

1 person likes this

Here's another pic of some indoor budrot btw

large.DSC_2733-edit.JPG

On 24/06/2019 at 4:43 PM, geogeo said:

is what it looks like, it's called botrytis

What are we looking at in this pic. I can clearly identify it in the next pic but not this one.

11 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Here's another pic of some indoor budrot btw

large.DSC_2733-edit.JPG

Again I’m not sure what I’m looking at in this pic to identify the bud rot. 

I’m probably missing the obvious I’m blaming my “colour confused-ness”

I think it's the discolouration of the bud on the right hand side of the pic in the first one and the orange bit in the last one when I had it many moons ago the bud went crispy too

3 people like this

I`ve just had a very large half plant decimated by it, most of the buds showed no outward sign of it other than a rogue yellow leaf. Luckily the plant was into its flush so just got harvested there and then, but it`s the worst ive seen with very little sign to give it away.

1 person likes this

@B0bbyBuds

It's difficult to spot early mate and that's why you're having trouble ;)  (when you've had it, you get an eagle and can see it from miles away lol )

large.5945324e39d00_SeedsmanCompo-JackHerrerDay57Bloom004.jpg

4 people like this

1 hour ago, B0bbyBuds said:

What are we looking at in this pic. I can clearly identify it in the next pic but not this one.

The bits that are NOT green mate, on the right-hand side of the first pic, and the second one is the bit in the centre of the bud.

1 person likes this