Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Arshlay

Transplanting help

23 posts in this topic

Hi guys, right after alot of research I've realised I shouldn't of started my auto in a small pot. It's currently on day 7 showing huge first leaves and beginning to sprout the next set. Its in a pot about as big as a coffee mug. When would be be best to carefully transplant into a 12.5ltr airpot. Thanks 

Let the medium become pretty dry, turn the pot upside down with your fingers either side of the plant stem and gently tap(the bottom) and gently squeeze(the sides of) the pot till its free, then transplant into the bigger pot.

Use a pot of the same size to make a perfect sized hole in the medium to drop that rootball. Its also a good time to bury any excess stem to keep the height down if needs be.

4 people like this

large.IMG_20190623_200654_3217.jpghows that looking? Cheers

Also the medium is plagron batmix. Once I transplant do you think the next pot will have enough nutrients to finish the plant or will I have to use some biobizz bloom. Thanks 

I'd leave that in there for 3 or 4 more days.  The Playgron Batmix is meant to be good for six weeks but I'd keep an eye on her from about 3/4 weeks.  A little grow or fish mix with your bloom should keep her healthy throughout flowering.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Arshlay said:

Hi guys, right after alot of research I've realised I shouldn't of started my auto in a small pot. It's currently on day 7 showing huge first leaves and beginning to sprout the next set. Its in a pot about as big as a coffee mug. When would be be best to carefully transplant into a 12.5ltr airpot. Thanks 

If you did some more research you may realise you did the right thing.

Its a shit idea starting in finals imo

Small pot for first 10 or 12 days then onto the big finals. 

A lot of what you will read about autos is bollocks mate

4 people like this

Thanks for the input blackpoolbouncer. The short while I've been on here it sounds like you know your stuff. Nutes wise what would your suggestion be. I have biobizz grow and bloom, but will be potting up into plagron batmix. Thanks 

50 minutes ago, Arshlay said:

Thanks for the input blackpoolbouncer. The short while I've been on here it sounds like you know your stuff. Nutes wise what would your suggestion be. I have biobizz grow and bloom, but will be potting up into plagron batmix. Thanks 

What you have should see you right mate. Dont forget bb grow needs to be fed alongside the bloom 

Good luck 

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

What you have should see you right mate. Dont forget bb grow needs to be fed alongside the bloom 

Good luck 

Shall I use the nutes straight off after repotting? I've had about 3 grows using batmix and never suffered with nute burn on seedlings. Cheers 

Most compost, and I presume batmix is no different, has enough food to last tulle they are a month old or so.

I watch the plant and usually start feeding roughly at the day 30 mark, 1ml pl of grow, if they respond well then it gets ramped up a 1ml pl or so every watering or every other 

1 person likes this

Once my compost started to become depleted, I started with 1ml per L at every feed. However, very quickly (within a week) the demands for grow doubled.  Just keep an eye on them and they'll tell you what they need. :yep:

1 person likes this

large.IMG_20190626_185722_4812.jpgday 9 looking OK growth wise? Thanks 

Posted (edited)

large.IMG_20190627_174551_8989.jpg

On 24/06/2019 at 11:07 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

If you did some more research you may realise you did the right thing.

Its a shit idea starting in finals imo

Small pot for first 10 or 12 days then onto the big finals. 

A lot of what you will read about autos is bollocks mate

Looking OK for transplant today mate? I'm at 11 days

Edited by Arshlay

Gently tip her put of her pot and have a look at the roots. If it's got a rootball that will happily hold all your compost together then crack on. It still looks a little behind what mine do but I'd rather pot up a day or two late than too early 

2 people like this

On 30/06/2019 at 8:15 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Gently tip her put of her pot and have a look at the roots. If it's got a rootball that will happily hold all your compost together then crack on. It still looks a little behind what mine do but I'd rather pot up a day or two late than too early 

Ended up tranplanting a few days later mate. The rootball was excellent. Held together no problems. 

1 person likes this