Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boojum

TV Heads Up

Dunno if it'll be any good but thought I'd mention it just in case it is (if it's shite don't shoot the messenger lol ), but it's something I've been anticipating since I heard it was gonna be on. Channel 4 10pm Catch-22 .A new TV adaptation of Joseph Heller's satirical masterpiece produced by George Clooney (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol ). I absolutely love the book - it was the first proper 'grown-up' book I ever read, first time I went abroad on holiday, it was on the shelf in the flat we stayed in. Hope this does it some sort of justice :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Loved the book and film, one of my favourites tbh, really didn't like the feel of the tv show mate, I lasted about ten minutes.

 

e2a, I know that wasn't long but I usually know if I'm going to like something pretty fast.

Edited by ratdog

Share this post


Link to post

the full six episodes have been available in the usual places for a few weeks now Booj.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Aye, but I knew it was coming on normal telly so thought I may as well wait.

 

lol Am I the only person who does that nowadays, wait for stuff to come on normal telly ? lol Determinedly resisting all this newfangled entertainment and social media mallarkey, me, still haven't even got a mobile phone lollollol

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Boojum said:

resisting all this newfangled entertainment and social media mallarkey

 

 

You do know what a torrent is don't you mate? lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ratdog said:

 

 

You do know what a torrent is don't you mate? lol

 

 

It's a waterfall or a fast flowing river (or a heavy downpour of rain) :nenenenene:

 

lol I'm not quite that bad lol I used to do the torrent thing, but nowadays there's not really much that I'm that desperate to watch RIGHT NOW, it's bound be on normal telly sooner or later, I can wait.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Boojum said:

 

 

It's a waterfall or a fast flowing river (or a heavy downpour of rain) :nenenenene:

 

lol I'm not quite that bad lol I used to do the torrent thing, but nowadays there's not really much that I'm that desperate to watch RIGHT NOW, it's bound be on normal telly sooner or later, I can wait.

 

 

Goober lol

 

I d/l lots of stuff, mainly US tv shows that are not series as such and a silly amount of documentaries, I don't have a tv licence and don't watch any live tv any more, it does my head in tbh, I like to have it racked up to watch when I'm ready.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Finished watching is last week  - yeah, worth watching. Nothing matches the book, mind.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/20/2019 at 6:42 PM, Boojum said:

Dunno if it'll be any good but thought I'd mention it just in case it is (if it's shite don't shoot the messenger lol ), but it's something I've been anticipating since I heard it was gonna be on. Channel 4 10pm Catch-22 .A new TV adaptation of Joseph Heller's satirical masterpiece produced by George Clooney (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol ). I absolutely love the book - it was the first proper 'grown-up' book I ever read, first time I went abroad on holiday, it was on the shelf in the flat we stayed in. Hope this does it some sort of justice :)

The book and the movie are great, though I don't feel the tv show like the book or the movie

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0