Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lean Bear

Cbd can cause liver damage?

So why arent 75% of people who take the same dose scaled up by weight die after 2 days onwards like the mice?

Not doubting its bad for your liver in large doses, 20mg/ kilo equates to roughly 1800mg a day for a large fella. Thats a fuck load of cbd a day. Is that how much a daily dose of epidiolex is? 

I think far too much emphasis is being put on cbd, for all its good, its better with the rest of the things it belongs with

13 people like this

Drinking 1.8 litres a day of cbd no wonder your liver might struggle

Posted (edited)

Hmmm. 1800mg is not unheard of though. Ive seen studies, such as for schizophrenia where around this dose was used. No liver side effects were reported. Only drowsiness. Maybe people are immune to these effects. Probably actually. @blackpoolbouncer

Edited by FigmentofFig
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Listening/reading 70% of bullshit per day,will damage our nervous system for sure....that s what ,I know.

Anti-weed propaganda,that s what i believe.The article is advertising the"take a pill, stereotype".

Someone is loosing money.

Edited by countrock
I had to.

Posted (edited)

Regardless of your feelings on this particular study, it is hard to argue with dead mice – even if you are an all-knowing marijuana expert.

Bit condescending for me to take them seriously.

The study says they scaled the "Normal" dose down to fit mice 

"the allometrically scaled mouse equivalent doses (MED) of the maximum recommended human maintenance dose of CBD in EPIDIOLEX (20 mg/kg)." 

Not exactly a proven science before they've even begun really. You cant take an educated guess and some speculation then declare your results as solid. Because the dosing of CBD still hasn't been scientifically researched to the point of dosing being accurate to humans.

The scaling could be miles off, seeing as some researchers are STILL not allowed access to Cannabis, and the ones that are have only been studying CBD for a short time.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was indeed some negative effect of using CBD in what would be considered large amounts over prolonged periods of time, nothing is ever all positive. But this study is just not the one to go by imo.

These are some the ingredients to EPIDIOLEX:

EPIDIOLEX (cannabidiol) oral solution is a clear, colorless to yellow liquid containing cannabidiol at a concentration of 100 mg/mL. Inactive ingredients include dehydrated alcohol, sesame seed oil, strawberry flavor, and sucralose.

Anyone spot a word in there that's already associated with liver damage? It says "Inactive", but did anyone think about the fact these are mice?

They didn't study the effects of CBD on the Liver, they studied a GW Pharma products's effect on the Liver. No wonder the mice went down. Then Forbes say "CBD Killed Mice". Clowns.

e2a: Think all they have proven there is to stay away from GW Pharma lol 

Edited by GreenVision
18 people like this

I have actually read few studies claiming THC/CBD protects your liver from damage especially in heavy drinkers.

As THC/CBD acts as antiflamatory so it stops your liver inflaming hence stopping liver damage

quick search will confirm this

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

This constant "speculative science" for lack of a better phrase is part of the dumbing down of society. Few question with critical thinking the endless nonsense that is published these days. 

For example, anyone wondering why Forbes (a financial magazine) would run a "health study"? Perhaps to influence markets and reduce the heavy investment in canna industries in order to make investors look at more "traditional" investments like their advertisers?? 

Looks obvious to me 

:yinyang:

Edited by Breezus
Spelling
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

sounds like  the usual  bullshit scaremongering tactics to me  to be honest ..... youd need  a  MASSIVE ammount per day  i think to cause  that damage ....

mind you  i did hear that if you smoke grass  your dick will also turn orange and shrivel lup till it looks kike a cheesy wattsit ............ then drop off and your nuts will ring like churchbells  when clanged togeather too    lol

Edited by vortex
1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Breezus said:

This constant "speculative science" for lack of a better phrase is part of the dumbing down of society. Few question with critical thinking the endless nonsense that is published these days. 

For example, anyone wondering why Forbes (a financial magazine) would run a "health study"? Perhaps to influence markets and reduce the heavy investment in canna industries in order to make investors look at more "traditional" investments like their advertisers?? 

Looks obvious to me 

:yinyang:

This occurred to me as well mate. Forbes doing a Cannabis article, related to health??? :unsure:

Could 100% be forgiven for thinking there is something more at play there. The only time I'd have expected to see Cannabis mentioned in Forbes until today was when some greedy shit makes his first £billion from it.

1 person likes this

It does affect the gall bladder in higher doses as it still has to process the fat content. Way easier to process than dairy based products. The health benefits far outway any negatives though IMHO. Like most things it is absolutely fine as long as you don't abuse it and take sensible doses.

3 people like this

Is this going to turn into the new red wine debate where a glass is good for you today but will damage you tomorrow? :unsure:

1 litre of water generally won't kill, drinking 10litres a day could impact your bodies electrolyte balance, 100litres would be toxic and you would drown, 1000litres dropped on you will kill your you and being in the sea is dangerous...the point is... if we are extreme enough....  anything can kill or be detrimental to you.... lets give rats insane doses of vitamin C, say 5g per 1kg of weight, they will die.... slowly as the liver shuts down.

2 people like this