Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vortex

flowering early

i have 2 autos left ... fekin slugs had a go at them  so im hoping they will survive till i pop a few  more auto pips ...

anyways  im growing tobacco  and due to  there being hardly any  direct sunlight  ( shitty weather  everyday )   the tobacco has  obviously thought that summers over and started flowering .... ive been picking off he flowers  and it got me thinking ....  would  this be the same with cannabis ?   would the lack of  sun and it being dark and pissing down cause stunted growth  and early flowering too ????

Posted (edited)

In autos I don't think light makes a difference but I honestly know bugger all really winging it lol

Never heard of somebody growing tobacco before can you mess with the flavours and stuff? 

Didn't read no autos in the question lol I think it takes a few weeks of longer dark cycles to get the plants making whatever changes they do ..but again I know next to nowt lol

Edited by michaeldbc

Posted (edited)

Not with autoflowers mate. They are not light dependent but number of days.

Edited by nudger36

21 hours ago, nudger36 said:

Not with autoflowers mate. They are not light dependent but number of days.

Whilst I appreciate this is generally the case, I think light does have some impact. I started 3 baby boom autos about 6 weeks ago under fluros. 3 weeks ago I put 2 outside and kept one under the fluros. The 2 outside are a little stretched and are well into flowering. The inside plant I put out yesterday and it is a compact little beauty but no sign of flowering yet. So it appears to be at least 2 weeks behind. It could of course be genetics but I think the light has had an impact. It's almost as if the 2 outside have decided they need to finish quickly due to the poor conditions. Just my observations only.....