Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hopsarecannabistoo

running out of Ideas

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ok to follow on from my other thread i am growing 4 strains of autoflower

Royal Bluematic

Royal Cookies

Blackberry

chocolate orange

My problem is this nowe. Not a single one of them is growing upwards at all.

thingsi have changed on other peoples advice:

1, temps, i have got the temps to stay between 24-28 degrees as it was 21 and was told that was too cold

2. light height. moved to 30 inches as per instructions online and recommendations on here for LEDs and really close to my CFL

3. using 1/4 str nutrients for them these are: Bloom, growth and micro, voodoo juice and vitalink Silicon. and i used funghi when potting up. 

4. i have an inlet fan and a tabletop fan blowing air around the grow room. 

5. they are in 11 inch pots.

6. the compost i used was jacks magic, mixed with perlite and vermiculite. 

7. The grow lights are 2 x 300w Mars hydro LED and a 250w CFL

]

yes i potted them up but they showed no signs of stress.

they are making lots of leaves but no height increase at all no matter what i do

The royalbluematic already smells of cannabis despite being just over an inch tall. 

i put this in a separate thread cos the other was off topic. and im running out of ideas on how to make them grow. 

the royal bluematic is on its third week

as are the Royal cookies and blackberry

The Chocolate orange is only a couple of days old

5PqOJs6.jpg

iom losing my mind here. what am i doing wrong why wont they grow? 

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo

Posted (edited)

No point just moving the leds. You moved the cfl too right? The plant will go looking for the light.

It could take some time to see a bit more of a stretch. It cant have been more than 24hrs since you last asked about this.

Calm down. Please be patient.

Short nodes is desirable to most. For stealth.

Most likely they will be concentrating on forming roots too.

You might go 6 weeks before she starts to flower. :skin_up:

Chillax let it grow.

No offense meant.

Edited by Kipper420
4 people like this

its wioth that blackpool bouncer saying his are huge after 2 weeks 

6 minutes ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

its wioth that blackpool bouncer saying his are huge after 2 weeks 

If you going to judge yourself by his standards straight off the bat you might as well quit now, I got the feeling that dude been growing a VERY long time.

5 people like this

So are your times from when you put seed into soil ? or when they germinated  ? 

you need to leave them alone , you shouldnt be using any nutes yet at all esp if just repotted ... you get around 3 weeks free before you need to feed.  

As Kipper suggests chill out and give them some space ... they do not need constant prodding and poking to grow...really they dont. ! 

Hope it goes well, love those blackberries :)

3 people like this

You deffo need to chill bud, my babies are 6 weeks old and barely 6" tall but the root ball is awesome (nft) - learn the lessons and you'll improve with time

I still reckon the split spectrum of your bulbs might be behind the slow growth - judging from their specs there's a lot of red and alot of blue light but not alot else, maybe swapping the duel spec CFL for a neutral colour unit might help :g:

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Ranec said:

You deffo need to chill bud, my babies are 6 weeks old and barely 6" tall but the root ball is awesome (nft) - learn the lessons and you'll improve with time

I still reckon the split spectrum of your bulbs might be behind the slow growth - judging from their specs there's a lot of red and alot of blue light but not alot else, maybe swapping the duel spec CFL for a neutral colour unit might help :g:

3 weeks old 1 inch lol 

29 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

So are your times from when you put seed into soil ? or when they germinated  ? 

you need to leave them alone , you shouldnt be using any nutes yet at all esp if just repotted ... you get around 3 weeks free before you need to feed.  

As Kipper suggests chill out and give them some space ... they do not need constant prodding and poking to grow...really they dont. ! 

Hope it goes well, love those blackberries :)

from popping out of the soil 

Just now, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

from popping out of the soil 

Then yes they are a tad below the normally expected growth curve. The temps were a little low but not too cold , they need to settle down after your repotting - which was too early for them imo. You are now in danger of overwatering them .

This site is great for advice but if you try and follow everything suggested you will tie yourself in knots. Read and digest old grow diaries and threads and develop your own style . Be prepared to adapt to changing situations. Plants do not really change quickly to tweaks that you make , they live slower than us and suffer more from cumulative issues like too much water or too much/little nutrient although heat and high temps can cause acute stress problems. If you can sustain the environment (and your cool) then you are 75% of the way there . 

2 people like this

how far behind are they?

You have potted up to early and why are you feeding them bloom?

1 person likes this

Just now, bill cooper said:

You have potted up to early and why are you feeding them bloom?

because it says on the back feed all three together at all stages

just following the tiny instructions lol 

ps im only watering when its dry when i stick my finger in 

why not grow photo seeds mate, they are a lot more forgiving if you make mistakes and just all round easier to grow imho, once you have a few grows under your belt then try autos again if you want.

5 people like this