Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

InTheSystem

Sweet Like Chocolate... CMOG Diary From Seed To Harvest

161 posts in this topic

Today I am stoked to be starting a new diary with HSO’s Chocolate Mint OG aka ‘CMOG’. I always lean towards the indica dominant genetics - so this strain is right up my street! I would like to thank @HSO-Mark for getting the seeds shipped around Europe for me basically. I have had a blast doing the Gorrilla Breath and Lemon Garlic OG diary on this forum which is on the final couple of weeks, so I am really looking forward to doing this diary now with a bit more confidence and having read other members diaries which have been excellent. I will go into a bit more details on this diary compared to my first one - so it as complete as can be... If it is light or heavy on info, let me know and I will try to sort it out ;)

Strain Info
- 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
- Emerald OG x Grandaddy Purple
- 55-65 days
- 22-26% THC 

large.DSC02237.JPG

Setup & Environment
I run 2 tents for veg and flower, they are as follows:

• 0.8m x 0.8m x 1.8m Secret Jardin Veg Tent with Scope 150 LED light (DiyLedUK).
  • 2.4m x 1.2m x 2.3m Hydrolab Tent running Atreum LED's (DiyLedUK).

Now I am based 38 LAT - so my environment is not the most ideal during July til mid September.. The LED's are going to help me out here with the ability to dim them along with having cool air being drawn from a room in the house that stays around 25-27c even during the peak of summer. I also have an 8000 BTU portable air conditioning unit if things start to heat up too much and can get some boost bucket reloads for some Co2 which will also raise heat tolerance... I do want to try and use the AC as little as possible to be honest though, so may get more creative once it is end of July time. Fortunately during veg mist coolers can be used as humidity is not an isse - they are quite effective and 1/4 of watts than the AC unit.

Medium & Nutes
I generally use General Hydroponics nutrients on Spurr's profile for anyone following my Gorilla Breath and Lemon Garlic OG diary, however this was because that diary was DWC. I have a real love hate relationship with DWC/true hydro and during summer months it is a complete write off as I do not like running chillers etc. My aim is to reduce watts, not add it... So I am going back to my favorite growing medium - COIR! With coir I like to run Cyco base nutes, cal-mag, silicon and Mammoth P with Bluelab PH/EC meters for reading levels:

large.DSC02241.JPG

The coir mix will be 90/10 - coir/perlite and I am using 'UGRO' coir blocks which I have then prepared with a sieve and water to get all the crappy fibers out. I have not used this coir before but it was actually recommended to me on a topic I created in the coir forum on here, so I am sure it will rock! :george:

I think that’s all I can about everything.. SO, Let’s get this show on the road with germination! Seeds placed in cups with unbalanced RO water to start with for around 18 hours or so:

large.DSC02245.JPG

I will check on them later to make sure they have all sunk or give them a little poke down. Tomorrow I will move them to paper towels or straight into coir and into an incubator kept at 25c and high humidity. So I will update again when we have some life forming ;)

All comments, feedback, advice welcomed - particularly around the LED’s as this is my first run with them, so I am a complete rookie... I have learned a few things using the Scope on a mother plant a couple of weeks, so not going in completely blind.

Cheers :bong:

17 people like this

All the best with this run mate, its a lovely strain, definitely one of my faves now :yep:

3 people like this

33 minutes ago, bubbly82 said:

All the best with this run mate, its a lovely strain, definitely one of my faves now :yep:

Thanks for dropping in mate and for the good vibes! I have never tried the strain but I am going to take your word for it.. It sounds fire! Nice of HSO to send enough seeds to find a great pheno too I hope - my instincts tell me she well be a keeper :D

4 people like this

With 5 seeds im sure you're in for a treat mate :naughty:

I only popped 2 last time and both produced some lovely pine/mint flavoured buds with a lovely gassy smell 

So nice i bought another pack of 3

4 people like this

25 minutes ago, bubbly82 said:

With 5 seeds im sure you're in for a treat mate :naughty:

I only popped 2 last time and both produced some lovely pine/mint flavoured buds with a lovely gassy smell 

So nice i bought another pack of 3

So cool to hear you went in for more mate... I feel like this:

funny-face-lil-girl.jpg

4 people like this

Good luck with your 1st run with the leds. Sounds like you've got everything under control.

Higher temps isn't a bad thing with leds, running the area at 28C is perfectly fine. 

:skin_up:

6 people like this

On 6/12/2019 at 9:30 AM, InTheSystem said:

I am stoked to be starting a new diary with HSO’s Chocolate Mint OG aka ‘CMOG’

good luck on the grow ITS, if you haven't tried the cmog your in for a treat. :smokin:

good luck with the new lights :yep:

sam

3 people like this

1 hour ago, diyleduk said:

Good luck with your 1st run with the leds. Sounds like you've got everything under control.

Higher temps isn't a bad thing with leds, running the area at 28C is perfectly fine. 

:skin_up:

Cheers mate.. In theory yes all planned out well, but nature can always throw a curve ball.. Summer heatwaves can reach 36c+ outside and although my intake duct is drawing from a cool room, the actual room the tent is in (due to height limitations) is no where near as cool and could go 32c+ - this is where the AC 'panic' unit comes in though and at worst will be running during the day and off during the night when lights are running and sun is down.. So it should be doable all the same! The Atreum runs very cool at the canopy and I will be shaving watts off too from previous lighting, so it is definitely an advantage thus far - so chuffed ;)

45 minutes ago, samhigh said:

good luck on the grow ITS, if you haven't tried the cmog your in for a treat. :smokin:

good luck with the new lights :yep:

sam

Cheers for the good vibes Dude, you lot are getting me too excited about the CMOG now :thumsup:

4 people like this

I loft grow with leds and never have major issues with heatwaves. You might have to get creative with light cycles to keep lights off during most of the day in veg. Flower is not too much of an issue if you're lights on during the night. 

Photosynthesis is reduced i believe when you start getting too warm but I've never noticed a change in growth. They grow a shit tonne faster in the high 30s than they would do at 12 degrees when their metabolism is virtually at a stand still. They do drink like a drain though. 

The AC is a nice safety net though but I wouldn't worry too much about the heat if you forget the odd time as long as you don't let em dry out. It sure as shit gets into the 40s regularly everywhere cannabis grows wild. 

Great strain BTW. Will be an interesting log. Haven't smoked cmog in a while and I've never grown it but it was really very tasty. Personally found it more on the mentholy mint side. Very nice. I'll have to grow her one day for sure. 

Edited by Sargares
3 people like this

1 hour ago, Sargares said:

I loft grow with leds and never have major issues with heatwaves. You might have to get creative with light cycles to keep lights off during most of the day in veg. Flower is not too much of an issue if you're lights on during the night. 

Photosynthesis is reduced i believe when you start getting too warm but I've never noticed a change in growth. They grow a shit tonne faster in the high 30s than they would do at 12 degrees when their metabolism is virtually at a stand still. They do drink like a drain though. 

The AC is a nice safety net though but I wouldn't worry too much about the heat if you forget the odd time as long as you don't let em dry out. It sure as shit gets into the 40s regularly everywhere cannabis grows wild. 

Great strain BTW. Will be an interesting log. Haven't smoked cmog in a while and I've never grown it but it was really very tasty. Personally found it more on the mentholy mint side. Very nice. I'll have to grow her one day for sure. 

Thanks for dropping in mate, I have been really enjoying your LED diary with all the Gorillas and The New! Thanks for some sound advice too - I totally agree with you ref the heat and during veg it is not a big deal really with the humidifier to keep VPD levels in check.. They start around 29/30c in veg with 65% anyway. As you say as long as the plants can transpire happily, they are not going to suck out the water fast and dry out.

My main gripe with heat in the 30's during flower is that some strains don't bat an eye lid, where as some strains the buds will foxtail under constant heat stresss. I think what I might do, is just have a temperature controller set to 32c in the day and the AC will come on and drop it back down. If it has a small swing I can't see it doing any harm supplemented with humidity. The heat is also not being amplified at the canopy level with the LED's - which in itself could eliminate the buds stress/fox tail issue in conjunction with warm air.. Let's see basically! The other option is to just whack it on the scorcher days manually and as you say, it's not the end of the world if odd days I forget, or am out etc. Either way it should be interesting and I think not having HID bulbs is definitely a good move to combat canopy heat. Thanks for the comforting words around the heat though, making me feel much more relaxed haha

I can't believe I havn't smoked CMOG now, it seems to be a winner with everyone, out in the sticks living in 3rd world lol

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, TheGr33nMan said:

@InTheSystem all the best with the grow. i no it will be excellent

Thanks bro...  I am so excited about this grow given the superb lighting I have thanks to Mr @diyleduk and what it seems by the response of members in this thread, a massive thanks to @HSO-Mark for the genetics. I feel blessed and am shooting for monster buds :)

Edited by InTheSystem
3 people like this

Another one for watching how it goes...

and with an interesting strain, 

all the best with it...:smokin:

3 people like this

Just now, Meeks27 said:

Another one for watching how it goes...

and with an interesting strain, 

all the best with it...:smokin:

Thanks bro. I appreiciate you dropping in and commenting - I am going for a monster crop with this strain.. I have every faith in HSO with my current run

3 people like this

On 15/06/2019 at 11:11 PM, InTheSystem said:

Thanks bro...  I am so excited about this grow given the superb lighting I have thanks to Mr @diyleduk and what it seems by the response of members in this thread, a massive thanks to @HSO-Mark for the genetics. I feel blessed and am shooting for monster buds :)

We have been seeing amazing results with our genetics combined with a good LED such as @diyleduk:bong:

I've seen quite a few LED and Chocolate Mint OG grows and can't wait to see how this increasing popular HSO lady does in your hand  :yep:

Best of luck with the grow buddy  ;)

Let's do this :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this