Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grampamark

Tangimattic & Girl Scout Cookie Automatic

Hello everyone, Just thought I would show you how my ladies are coming along. These are Tangimatic & Girl Scout Cookies. They are the 72 day seed to finish. They say seed to harvest in 10 weeks. I planted these out in the garden on the 26th April so at the moment they are 41 days old. large.5cf91e9663e06_Ladies1.jpg

So they are not looking to to bad considering the weather we have had up North north West .The position in my garden they are getting 17 hours of direct daylight at this time. The weather not been very good so I am hoping in the next 31 days they get a lot more sunshine and grow much bigger. I will keep you posted to how they are coming along the week before they are due to be finished. But I can see it being another 2 to 3 weeks on top of stated seed to bud time. I have had great success with these strains inside under light and heat. But this is the first time I have tried them outside for the full growing cycle. Lets see how they go. Happy growing folks. Gramps!

3 people like this

Fine looking girls .... I think you can safely add another 10 days , but Im guessing the flowers quite immature... difficult to tell from this distance. 

1 person likes this

I reckon you've timed it right.  I just checked out the weather forecast.  In about a week the day and night temps are due to rise and the humidity is dropping down low.  Nice job - love the big air pots :yep:

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

Fine looking girls .... I think you can safely add another 10 days , but Im guessing the flowers quite immature... difficult to tell from this distance. 

Hi, yeah there is not that much flowering going on at the moment. The next sunny day I get and looking at weather forecast thats going to be Monday or Tuesday. I will take some close up's of the flowering. Tomorrow and Saturday we are going to get hammered with rain and wind in Cumbria. so fingers crossed they do not take to much of a beating  :)

15 minutes ago, JJJ said:

I reckon you've timed it right.  I just checked out the weather forecast.  In about a week the day and night temps are due to rise and the humidity is dropping down low.  Nice job - love the big air pots :yep:

Hi Bartywindrush :) Yeah had great success with the air pots indoors. So thought I would try them outdoors this season. They do really make a differance, worth that bit extra of a cost. I would recomend people trying them out.

1 person likes this

Hi folk, just a updated image like I promised. These are now 56 days old. So to my reconing around 16 days to go. But I figure another 14 days on top of that to be honest. Hope this better weather helps the girls out. But considering the only thing I have done with these was to pop the seed and plant them outside and feed the some very minor watering of Cal/Mag 2 weeks ago I am well pleased with how these ladies are doing. I will be back later with end pics and other information. Happy Growing all  :)

large_CP2A.jpglarge_CP1A.jpg

3 people like this

Looking great mate. Thanks for update.

So I have questions re the air pots..

What difference  did you see. How are they better. Just curious.

With you using such big pots I was expecting a lot bigger plants.

What medium are they in 

20 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Looking great mate. Thanks for update.

So I have questions re the air pots..

What difference  did you see. How are they better. Just curious.

With you using such big pots I was expecting a lot bigger plants.

What medium are they in 

I have been using the air potts for the last 2 years on a inside grow they are 20 litre in size, so not the biggest of air potts. But thought why not try a out door grow using them this year. The plants well these ones in particular Tangie mattic and Girl scout cookie have never got much bigger than they are now, even in doors. I grew the tangie mattic out doors last year during in that spell of great weather we had. The tangimattic last year got to approx 62 inches in height and a load more bushier, but saying that they were planted straight in to the ground on my veggie plott. The ones you see at the back are Tangie matic and they have just grown a couple of inches above the stakes in height. The stakes are the 48 inch high ones, Green plastic ones from ebay. They seem to grow quicker and way faster with the air potts and when I chop them back and check the root system they for sure have a more larger root mass than standard pottsI have used. Like I say these have beem out since 3rd week in April and considering the weather we have had I am surprised they have done this well. The medium I get from a local supplier, who again is on ebay. In fact I bought the air potts from the same supplier as well. It is called Keith Singleton fruit and vegatable compost. Happy growing  :)

1 person likes this