Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ne5

Gorilla Breath & OGKZ Grow Diary

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys this is my first grow diary on here!

Last time round a couple of months ago I grew all auto’s and absolute smashed it somehow averaging 10oz per plant even though the plants were under a lot of stress due to heat from the start. Don’t get me wrong this had an effect on the end product and they were far from dense

nugs! The max I got was a 13.4oz white widow xxl from dinafem. 

large.120D46E6-3294-410A-A5D9-0ED835F5DD16.jpeg

This grow I have decided to change it up completely,

I have got feminised seeds instead of autos.

1000w 10 bar leds and 2 600w hps cool tubes instead of 4/5 600w hps. The reason to take out a few hps units is for obvious reasons the heat got to 40 degrees sometimes last grow and this happened on a few occasions! We’ll see how the cool tubes cope but hopefully the temps don’t go above 28/29 max. 

The seeds I have went for are HSO OGKZ and HSO GORILLA BREATH. 

large.5410811A-3BEA-4725-ADB3-1F7E85AE09BE.jpeg

I have 4 of each in wet kitchen roll and will keep an eye daily to check for any tap roots. 

I ordered the leds from a Chinese site which I won’t be advertising or giving any details about in a bit respect to the site sponsor. They give off next to no heat from the leds themselves I’m yet to check the heat sinks though. 

large.5690AA04-3621-4245-BF41-8DAE2D276027.jpeg

For extraction I have a 10” hyper thresh silent fan and mountain air carbon filter which was the items I bought last grow. 

I have a heavy duty variable inlet fan which is more than up for the job and a couple circulating fans to add to the mix as well

Nutrients i I will be using the same as last, Buddhas house whole nutrient range and also cx regeneroot. 

I am hoping to setup a dripper irrigation system to ease the stress of spending so long each day in there in the coming weeks and will be looking into the blumat carrots. 

For now we wait for the girls to hatch!!

Edited by HSO-Mark
HSO added
8 people like this

Nice to see you doing a diary, wishing you the best with your grow and im going to tag along.

Toke...

3 people like this

Just now, tokenroll said:

Nice to see you doing a diary, wishing you the best with your grow and im going to tag along.

Toke...

Thanks toke. Hope you’re well :bong:

1 person likes this

@Ne5 forgot to say if you had been running all led the 28-30c is perfect in veg and flower. 

Toke...

2 people like this

Just now, tokenroll said:

@Ne5 forgot to say if you had been running all led the 28-30c is perfect in veg and flower. 

Toke...

Yeah they were doing perfect in that temp range. 

2 people like this

@HSO-Mark Alright! I’m doing a diary for this lot of seeds and will also be doing a diary next couple of weeks for the @Dinafem seeds that are on route also! Same lights and setup just different grooms! 

1 person likes this

that is one huge auto buddy, great effort, i would love to have monters that big one day lol good luck with this new grow op ;) 

2 people like this

Set up for a good grow I rekon mate. Good call on dropping some of the basic HPS lighting imo. 

I love the looks of the OGKZ as well. 

Your temps will 100% drop with the changes you have made. Cool tubes work well if you have to use some HPS. Don't forget to only PUSH the air through them, don't pull air :yep: .

Best of luck with the grow.

GV.

2 people like this

58 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Don't forget to only PUSH the air through them, don't pull air

What's the difference mate?  Surely you are either pushing cold in, or sucking hot out, isn't it the same thing?

1 person likes this

Good luck with the grow - FYI on Gorilla Breath is that it does not like heat stress much and it has a 2/2.5x stretch from week 2 of flower - this is going off 2 phenos I am growing at the moment.. Maybe some useful info.. It is a very frosty and smelly genetic though - you should have some fun with it :)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Ne5 said:

The seeds I have went for are HSO OGKZ and HSO GORILLA BREATH. 

Nice selection mate ;)

After your crazy White widow XXL auto grow we have high hopes for this one :yep:

@Ne5 You smashed the auto grow buddy now let's see what you can do with these 2 photoperiod ladies  :bong:

Best of luck with the grow mate, as usual I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

FYI on Gorilla Breath is that it does not like heat stress much and it has a 2/2.5x stretch from week 2 of flower - this is going off 2 phenos I am growing at the moment..

Thanks for the added stretch info mate I'm sure @Ne5 Will find it very helpful  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Thanks for the added stretch info mate I'm sure @Ne5 Will find it very helpful  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

More than happy to help Mark! @Ne5 - if you have any questions specific about the Gorilla Breath feel free to ask, I have been growing 6 plants of it inside and outside under various environments with completely different setups and one is documented here for reference.. I will be watching your diary with interest anyway mate. That auto Widow XXL is pretty hench mate.

Edited by InTheSystem
2 people like this

3 hours ago, unity said:

What's the difference mate?  Surely you are either pushing cold in, or sucking hot out, isn't it the same thing?

When you use air cooled hoods you have to connect ducting in various joins etc, and the bolts that screw them hoods together are not air tight by a mile.

If you suck air through the air cooled hoods there is a very strong possibility you could suck unfiltered air through these gaps and blast grade A beautiful Canna aroma all through the house.

This is defo the case with the larger air cooled hoods, the ones with a hinged piece of glass, as they don't even have a seal around the lid, meaning when your sucking 300 m3 ph or more through those hoods the air will come through those gaps, and it will not have been filtered.

I know its cheaper and easier to go through the filter and through the air cooled hoods, but its much safe to have a stand alone 4" fan blowing air through the hoods, just use a reducer to go from 4" up to 5" or 6" depending on what size your hoods are. Also this way you can use the tents vents either side to literally go straight through. And any gaps in the hoods will just blow a little air into the tent and go straight through the filter.  

There is a way to do this using only one fan and almost assure you have no smell leaks, you can get one of those new filters that is actually designed to go on the exhaust end of the extraction system, this way you should be OK.

But personally every time I used air cooled hoods in the loft I would push not pull.

I don't like police.  lol 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, InTheSystem said:

That auto Widow XXL is pretty hench mate.

It was a monster brother if I recall correctly around 14oz :yep:

One of the biggest I've seen ;)

Nice to see members helping each other, That's the UK420 community I know and love :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this