Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hopsarecannabistoo

first time growing. does this look ok?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My first time growing. this is a feminized auto called Royal Bluematic, and its on day 5 since iplanted it. is this growing at the right speed? im got it on a little grow station with three extra lights on it 

aPeorDB.jpg

VBGb04Q.jpg

Edited by Hopsarecannabistoo
1 person likes this

it  s ok,just over watered,or under.Give it a shot of water and when it becomes like this again,give it more.when the pot is light...there s no water in it.Simple as that.

Good luck.

5 people like this

Aye, looks to me like it's over or under watered (both cause the leaves to go droopy). You'll know which (sticking your finger in the soil is a decent test, if it feels damp under the top layer then it doesn't need watering, if it feels dry then it needs a drink :) underwatering is obviously bad, plants need water, but a mistake many new growers make - I certainly did - is thinking the plant needs more water than it actually does, and overwatering. Wait until the soil gets dry between waterings, a kinda wet/dry cycle is better than keeping the soil constantly wet).

2 people like this

cheers

in warm weather/ under lights that little pot will dry out quickly so easily either way with the water. 

As an uto she will need potting up by next weekend which will give you more to work with.... sticking a finger into that pot is going to be difficult ! 

2 people like this

OaHzeZr.jpg

got it under 3 lights on the grow station plus the bottom half of that red/blue LED board (i have proper lights in my grow room, but i like to get the plants on this station as it seems to make them grow like mad (better than the grow room for some reason) 

also when is the right time to add nutrients, with chillis they say after it has 4 adult leaves and once its been potted up is it the same?

5 minutes ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

also when is the right time to add nutrients, with chillis they say after it has 4 adult leaves and once its been potted up is it the same?

Your going to have to read some of the diary's here, the questions you ask will have been answered many many times.

I Don't want to sound rude but the guys around here are very good at what they do and with advice, but.... you given no information regarding anything other than it is your first grow.

All you told us is you have 3 lights an LED and a tent.

More info needed ....

Aidwej

3 people like this

What medium? Compost? coco fibre?

If compost, pot up next weekend latest to final pots.

There shouldnt be any need for nutes in compost. The compost is holding enough feed for any seedling probably upto flowering time.

Did you consult the breeders analysis for if they are heavy feeders? Many auto's dont need much nutes at all.

Water in properly when potting up and leave until pot feels light again before rewatering. Might be a week or more, lift the pot to see.

Good luck

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

well at the moment im using a self watering grow station, although they dont work with the pots my plants are surrently in so watering by hand. i put this seed royal bluematic in the compost. jacks magic compost with vermiculite and perlite  on the 26/5/19. i can adjust the main hood of grow station up and down, when it gets too big for the grow station il transfer it to my8 grow room, which now has a carbon filter 4"  with two 300watt mars leds, and a cfl full spectrum grow light. if we get a good summer i will put them out in the garden next to the kennels next door (stinks of stale urine and dog poo  with my tomatoes lavender, jasmine, mint rosemary chillis and aubergines. to mask the smell i also have an ona pro tub on order too to also help mask the smell in my grow room. my grow room is in a very well made water tight 

on the grow station i have 3 sunblaster 11watt lightas and a cheap and nasty LED blue light  board. also not using the self watering matt, because the little pots wont accept it, the next pots should. 

1 person likes this

Your plants look a lot better than my first attempt.   Wishing you success and that they grow easily and wildly.   They may need potting up soon and one thing I learned along the way though I'm still a beginner myself is that keep reporting autos to a minimum and try and do it just the once as they hats getting roots messed with.  Good luck 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Happyeccentric said:

Your plants look a lot better than my first attempt.   Wishing you success and that they grow easily and wildly.   They may need potting up soon and one thing I learned along the way though I'm still a beginner myself is that keep reporting autos to a minimum and try and do it just the once as they hats getting roots messed with.  Good luck 

to be honest ive never met a plant at all that likes being potted up, my chillis hate it, especially the super hots, ive lost quite a few superhot  rare chillis after potting up so yeah its always nerve wracking potting up lol 

oops i tell a lie im using john innes seedling compost i will be going onto jacks magic next 1

1 person likes this

Chillis are pretty hard to grow over here so sounds like you have a great head start if your good at growing them.  Here's hoping your a natural 

Despite being my first real attempt at autos. Mine are doing ok.

I put the seeds in a 3" pot and pot up to finals after 2-3 weeks.

I use a 150w red/blue cob and 2x 25w led strips to bring seedlings on at a distance of 10-12"

I recently did an amnesia haze auto started in 3" potted up to a 6" It was getting massive for the pot so I potted up again to 8" pot.

On doing so the rootball was damp and half the compost dropped off while repotting, I was having a mare.

Now It's still going strong and growing like mad.

Also using Jacks magic.

Seaweed extract added to water will help make roots and strengthen the plants immune system. I use 1-2ml/ltr

I've just repotted 4 chillis today 2x purple tiger 2x trinidad perfume and I'm sure they'll recover in just over a week in the greenhouse.

Why use a blumat self watering? Cant you hand water then you know when they need water by lifting the pot.

If your new to growing I'd keep it simple. Getting it right with self watering systems can take some time to dial in. Might cost you a few crops.

I wouldn't germinate seeds in such a small pot. It will quickly root it out. I always consider the roots to be about 3/4 the size of whats above ground. So they'll be rooted out in a week or so after breaking ground.

plus you'll struggle to keep the watering right.

1 person likes this