Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minigrower

Autoflower not auto flowering

21 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, minigrower said:

Checked in Friday and it's starting to show signs of flowering now. Weird how long its taken. So chucked my light off 12hr and up to 20hr to see how it goes. Would having the feed too weak have this effect? The plant looked super healthy, just no flowers up until now. I upped the feed in an attempt to get it to go, but not sure if its co-incidence. But the EC lowers at a much higher rate between water changes now.

There's a video of an auto plant on YouTube that took months and grew to be a monster, yielding just under 3lb. 

I'm not saying that's what you have, just that even with the consistency we have these days there's always going to be variation. Glad you didn't chop it! 

hi i have this many times am dealing with two at moment  it just the genetics  for me they show that going   into flower , get all preflower and sign but they just dont go  fully into flower,, i try everthing dont work after 7.5 weeks i bin them start agin i have this from all the best breeders it just a pain with all autos 

Ok so Ive put it to 12hr, I'll see how it goes. It's now only around 6 or 7cm away from my light, which can't be raised anymore. Its had another growth spurt. I don't think i'll do an auto again. If it even was an auto.

On 16/06/2019 at 8:07 PM, Grubby_Pawn said:

Personally, I don't see the point in it. It would take some serious breeding to develop a plant which only expresses the autoflower part of ruderalis. I've been away from the online scene for a few years but these autoflower bollockses (can't believe that's actually a word according to Grammarly, there are thick red lines under ruderalis and autoflower) are popping up all over the shop. They're all low to mid-grade and I haven't met a grower yet that doesn't flower them on 12/12. Why not just get a mother plant and flower a super strong strain after 2 weeks veg? Yes, this takes a separate area, but veg spaces don't need to be big. Keeping mother plants under 12" is fairly easy... although if in a bubbler you may find yourself throwing cuttings away.

Silliest thing I ever heard. I have grown them and breed them since Lowryder 1. Put down the old auto and get something new. Grow it in your mother room on 24hr light and get ready to get high. :yep:

1 person likes this

On 30/05/2019 at 10:56 PM, minigrower said:

I have 1 heavyweight fast and vast.

I'm 8 weeks from germination and it's still growing and not flowering. It's in NFT and LED. I was on 18 hour schedule and last week I went to 12 hours to see if that'd start the change. I started mixing some Canna Flores into the mix a few weeks ago. Now just using Canna aqua Flores feed.

It's just vegging still and not flowering. Herbie's shop where I bought the seeds said I should be cutting down now. Any ideas? It's in a metal locker in my shed. So temps are a little lower than ideal. Around 18-23 degrees. And it had a colder start in life. But looks really healthy.

Not all auto's are Lowryder. Some don't flower under 24hr of light. Sometimes depending on the auto used you have to go as low as 18hr but they shouldn't reveg once flowering. 

On 16/06/2019 at 9:55 PM, Grubby_Pawn said:

That's why I posted what I did. I was hoping a guy like you would come along and tell me I'm wrong... but, when I think back, people used to say the same thing to me about Lowryder when they first came out. I was always one of the skeptics and I clearly still am. I look forward to the day I have to eat my words. Hopefully, that day comes after growing out these freebies. Good luck with your grow and your life.

All the best,

Your minds already made up  that autos arnt your thing why try n get someone to promote them when you state ur still skeptical.  

Your mind was never gunna change. 

Maybee u just have to grow them to see for your self and poor your own footwork in .

Oh if u don't like autos then I'll take the seeds u got coming