Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CBDevious

led
Recommend an LED light for 50x50x100cm tent.

25 posts in this topic

Hi,

My tent arrives later today and I'm starting the kit process.

I have been recommended to speak to @diyleduk as they seem like the LED god around here. I will do that, but in the meantime I would also like to get some broader research.

Does anyone have any suggestions for off the shelf lights that will fit a 50cm x 50cm x 100cm grow tent?

Ideally under £100, as quiet as possible and suitable for both veg and flowering, and from Amazon, but I'm not that fussy where it comes from. lol

I know that's very specific criteria and possibly a big ask, but go big or go home right? ;)

Thanks in advance.

Fuck off the shelf units - @diyleduk   Is what you're looking for!

3 people like this

I second Monkeypig on that one, get a proper one from Diyleduk, better value for money and your'll end up with a better unit that what you may wind up with buying off the shelf.

3 people like this

I have a scope 150 from @diyleduk - which might just fit in your tent. 

Bloody brilliant units - cant go wrong!

1 person likes this

I have mentioned this before:

Off the shelf Full Spectrum LED noisy rubbish from Amazon - be my guest. Noisy with fans. You will regret it. In fact you can have the one I have gathering dust. Weird purply thing

150w LED scope from diyleduk. Great with no noise. You won't regret it. Oh it will fit your tent. I grow in a 60 x 60 x 140cm. Excellent coverage and very easy on the bill.

2 people like this

Have you considered a high yielding, cheap HPS instead? :wassnnme:

there is very little hit and miss in that market, and the wattage advertised is the real leccy draw!

Edited by distracted
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

I have mentioned this before:

Off the shelf Full Spectrum LED noisy rubbish from Amazon - be my guest. Noisy with fans. You will regret it.

I will second this! Will also third, fourth and fifth it too lol

I made the mistake and I can't agree more with the noise the fecker is almost as loud as my fan!! Will be upgrading after this run for sure :wallbash:

@CBDevious If you go for LED don't cut corners and buy something decent. It is an investment worth making due to things like leccy cost just as a starter. Even mine is good on power so a good unit from the likes of @diyleduk will probably be even better, got to bear in mind that the weather is (very slowly) getting warmer too and HPS would probably be a nightmare in the coming months unless your intake/outtakes is massively up to the job.

1 person likes this

Avoid Am***n, and don't believe the reviews you read on their site either.  If you want a light that does an amazing job at growing weed, listen to what the guys (who actually grow weed - and grow it well) have already suggested by sticking with the site sponsor.  I can't fault mine which beats the shit out of the crap I had before (strangely, from Am***n).

Thank you for all the advice. I've seen that the Amazon ones arent good, once I got looking at watts and what it pulls from the wall vs what it puts out etc.

I've messaged @diyleduk but it didnt send, probs coz I'm a newbie with few posts?

Either way, he responded to a forum post too. I'm waiting for his stock to hit online today!. :)

4 people like this

The diyleduk website has good customer service and respond quickly to emails if you cant pm.

1 person likes this

I second the service. Brilliant :yep:

I've just ordered the 150w dimmable, which @diyleduk said to not run at full power and get a watt meter... 

I'm hoping one of you can shed some light on that? Ive also asked in that topic but it may not be the place as it's about stock. Hence reposting the Q here. 

Thanks guys. 

1 hour ago, CBDevious said:

I've just ordered the 150w dimmable, which @diyleduk said to not run at full power and get a watt meter... 

I'm hoping one of you can shed some light on that? Ive also asked in that topic but it may not be the place as it's about stock. Hence reposting the Q here. 

Thanks guys. 

If you buy a wattmeter which are about a tenner, plug it in and plug the light into it then you can adjust the wattage output and know what it is set at as the wattmeter tells you the draw 

1 hour ago, CBDevious said:

Thanks guys. 

How have you ordered this when it says "Out Of Stock"

2 hours ago, CBDevious said:

Thanks guys. 

mate maybe he is worried that a 150w might be too bright for your space at full power,And if you get a watt meter you can tell exactly what power your plants are getting, there isn't a dial on the light you can tell min and max but anything in between is a guess without a watt meter

2 people like this