Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bustin Jieber

making ethanol oil

102 posts in this topic

I think they're using terpenes (and fractionated coconut oil (MCT)) in a lot of cartridges atm   

It only takes a few drips of terpenes to make a flowable liquid to go in a cart 

If you want it weaker or more flow you can add more flavoured or unflavoured terpenes or MCT, and they also do thicker terpene blends to rescue you if you go too far now too  lol 

Not sure I trust any of it tbqh as I don't like the vague language they use to describe the products on the sites, and stories like when the popular Viscosity diluent that claimed to be 100% terpenes was tested and found to be basically mineral oil.

and the pricing for terpenes for us in the UK is quite obscene imo @ £10 a ml 

I'm still keen to get mixing and try it using the ceramic carts I've picked up for this already tho so lmk by pm if you know of a cheaper source for the terps in the EU please  

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

I think they're using terpenes (and fractionated coconut oil (MCT)) in a lot of cartridges atm   

It only takes a few drips of terpenes to make a flowable liquid to go in a cart 

If you want it weaker or more flow you can add more flavoured or unflavoured terpenes or MCT, and they also do thicker terpene blends to rescue you if you go too far now too  lol 

Not sure I trust any of it tbqh as I don't like the vague language they use to describe the products on the sites, and stories like when the popular Viscosity diluent that claimed to be 100% terpenes was tested and found to be basically mineral oil.

and the pricing for terpenes for us in the UK is quite obscene imo @ £10 a ml 

I'm still keen to get mixing and try it using the ceramic carts I've picked up for this already tho so lmk by pm if you know of a cheaper source for the terps in the EU please  

Thanks for reminding me of MCT from coconut oil brother!  Another substance I question the long term effects of coating our lungs with.

We definitely proved that True Terpenes Viscosity wasn't 100% terpenes, as it tested out with a GC/MS as longer chain simple alkanes, that could be from either plant or petrochemical sources.  It will take an HPLC/MS run to indentify which one, which we didn't do, because of the expense.   

In addition to mineral oil, petrochemical alkanes are used to make everything from from motor oil and heavy greases, to petroleum jelly, and baby oil.  None of which lungs were originally designed to be coated with, as near as I can tell.

Sorry I don't know a EU source for terpenes, but highly recommend Extract Consultants in the US.   They don't have a diluent, but are a rock solid source of high quality terpenes.

Edited by Graywolf
3 people like this

PS:  Squalane from olive oil has also been used as a diluent. It's a tri-terpenoid.

1 person likes this

@Graywolf

is there anything safe that I can use to make my rather solid and very sticky extract into a liquid for vaping? even mixing it with another e-liquid so it doesnt blow my head off! I'm not fussy about purity or taste, just want it to be safe for the lungs, obviously :)

1 person likes this

@flash_cannon @Hippie on hill

Checkout massterpenes.com 

Their liquifier is the best I've used (compared to wax liquidiser and ejmix)

I will say shipping is expensive and it's not the cheapest of products but the customer service is great, I ordered servM (terpenes for use with rosin) and they sent me, flavoured terpenes, a starter kit (syringes, mixing vial etc) and their diluent for free. I believe they do this for all EU orders because of the high shipping price.

3 people like this

On 7/21/2019 at 5:05 AM, flash_cannon said:

@Graywolf

is there anything safe that I can use to make my rather solid and very sticky extract into a liquid for vaping? even mixing it with another e-liquid so it doesnt blow my head off! I'm not fussy about purity or taste, just want it to be safe for the lungs, obviously :)

I don't have that answer for you, because there are no long time studies on any of it.  Twenty years from now, more will be revealed.

I loosen mine up with a small amount of ethanol when I use an Epen.  Decarboxylation will also loosen it up some.

3 people like this

@flash_cannon Do you vape eliquid already? if you're happy with the studies that have been done with PG (Propylene glycol) for inhalation (e.g. for eliquid, aircon, medication, air fresheners etc), then I'd go with that to loosen your extract.

A web search with "Propylene Glycol in E-Cigarettes – Is PG Dangerous to Inhale?" will take you to an Ashtray blog post with discussion of research.

2 people like this

Thanks guys ! I got some of that massterpenes stuff because it looks interesting but I’ll probably just use a touch of ethanol in future. I’m not a vaper usually so I don’t have the VG lying around, I just want to avoid combustion as I get older and dry herb vapes dont have a last effect on me 

2 people like this

19 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

@flash_cannon Do you vape eliquid already? if you're happy with the studies that have been done with PG (Propylene glycol) for inhalation (e.g. for eliquid, aircon, medication, air fresheners etc), then I'd go with that to loosen your extract.

A web search with "Propylene Glycol in E-Cigarettes – Is PG Dangerous to Inhale?" will take you to an Ashtray blog post with discussion of research.

thanks for the article iShouldCoco

I have been looking into this myself as nearly 5 years on ecig and want to quit that too,i came accross an article where they were most concerned about heavy metals which get released into your vape from coils like nickel and chromium

could make sense as VG/PG is standart but everyone has different coils and different settings-temperatures

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Have you seen a long term study using as an eliquid, vis a vis air freshener?

6 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Have you seen a long term study using as an eliquid, vis a vis air freshener?

There's a few studies in the article I mentioned that you might not have seen, I don't want to be linking to external sites as I'm not sure of the rules.

7 hours ago, joba said:

thanks for the article iShouldCoco

I have been looking into this myself as nearly 5 years on ecig and want to quit that too,i came accross an article where they were most concerned about heavy metals which get released into your vape from coils like nickel and chromium

could make sense as VG/PG is standart but everyone has different coils and different settings-temperatures

Yeah I'm a fairly cautious vaper - I mix my own using Flavourart flavourings (tested for inhalation), still vape high nic, which means I don't vape as much and make my own coils and use organic cotton wicks. I've been vaping for umm 6 or 7 years now. I was happy enough with the studies that I've seen over the years... short of not inhaling anything other than air, I am minimising the risks of my recreations.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

There's a few studies in the article I mentioned that you might not have seen, I don't want to be linking to external sites as I'm not sure of the rules.

Yeah I'm a fairly cautious vaper - I mix my own using Flavourart flavourings (tested for inhalation), still vape high nic, which means I don't vape as much and make my own coils and use organic cotton wicks. I've been vaping for umm 6 or 7 years now. I was happy enough with the studies that I've seen over the years... short of not inhaling anything other than air, I am minimising the risks of my recreations.

You are correct that I haven't seen any long term studies vaping VG, or any of the other dilutents.  My understanding of the rules is that you are free to share those links with us.  Does any moderator disagree?