Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bustin Jieber

making ethanol oil

102 posts in this topic

:russian:   

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Saddam said:

:russian:   

you wot? its my first time, its cool, im having fun, its stressful, i dont wont to expolde anything, making the next move very carefully and taking advice, the bath thing actually worked, so if you have psoriasis, the last wash is good for it, which begs the question, what is good for it, caus there wont be so much thc in that water wash, which then begs the other question, are there legal plants i can do this with? i did the bath thing by taking the leftovers from the qwet, i did one wash of ethanol, second wash was water which became like absinthe, it emulsified, i reduced that to some weird dark oil stuff, the last one was water again left overnight, i didnt bother reducing it, and strained it well with a seive into a bath to bathe in, my psoriasis is healing rapidly after just one bath. i know why this is illegal now.

Edited by bazil brush
1 person likes this

Don't use kerosene, for the love of God, please. :nono:  

4 people like this

2 hours ago, bazil brush said:

which then begs the other question, are there legal plants i can do this with?

yep, funnily enough, cannabinoids are not solely owned by cannabis, terps either..

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Saddam said:

Don't use kerosene, for the love of God, please. :nono:  

i know, that why i said stinky. poo, hey wheres the turd.

Edited by bazil brush
missing doody

On 6/19/2019 at 1:25 AM, bazil brush said:

i got kerosene, but its stinky.

That will work to see if a small sample is soluble.  Don't plan to dab it.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Graywolf said:

That will work to see if a small sample is soluble.  Don't plan to dab it.

the middle wash i did was just experimental, theres not a lot there, half inch in the bottom of a jar, very dark red, its just sitting in the fridge now.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, bazil brush said:

i know, that why i said stinky. poo, hey wheres the turd.

Kerosene? You should know by now just how much we all hate soap bar on here ;)

Edited by Conspiranought
2 people like this

2 hours ago, bazil brush said:

the middle wash i did was just experimental, theres not a lot there, half inch in the bottom of a jar, very dark red, its just sitting in the fridge now.

Will a small sample of the red extract, that won't dissolve in polar alcohol, dissolve in non polar kerosene?

7 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Will a small sample of the red extract, that won't dissolve in polar alcohol, dissolve in non polar kerosene?

tricky, its in the fridge, some of it appears to have dissolved in the alcohol, im really scared of warming it for obvious, when i did warm it i only wrmed it in a little alcohol, its now sitting under two inches of neat booze, i really want a flask with reflux to catch the gas. can i warm it in a double boil safely with kitchen fan on?

6 hours ago, bazil brush said:

tricky, its in the fridge, some of it appears to have dissolved in the alcohol, im really scared of warming it for obvious, when i did warm it i only wrmed it in a little alcohol, its now sitting under two inches of neat booze, i really want a flask with reflux to catch the gas. can i warm it in a double boil safely with kitchen fan on?

The experiment with a small sample, is to find out if it is non polar.  A match head size sample will do it.

1 person likes this

Very informative thread and some very informed people along with it. I'm reading and taking notes.

Never used ethanol, I can get isopropyl alcohol, 99.9 % or so which is what the RSO is made from in the UK, if I'm correct.

Butane is more usual in the UK, simple extraction and safe, if its outdoors away from things that can catch fire, if the wind is blowing nicely and when your wearing goggles, gloves and have a damp towel ready. Wind is essential when outdoors. Butane pools on still days and I'm always on Red Alert when using it. Better to be a bit nervous and have that adrenalin keep you on your toes.

Once witnessed a Pyrex dish of BHO being lit by someone not as informed as some. A damp towel thrown over it stopped the fireball in its tracks. Fire extinguisher would ruin the oil and if alcohol spills and catches fire then the best tactic is to run or jump. Doing this indoors is not safe.

One last point, I saw a small still for sale, it allows you to make a few litres of pure alcohol from grain. Was tempted to buy it although if you had the skills, its not that difficult. An enterprising neighbour years ago was making a lot of pure grain alcohol, adding tap water to get it to 40 per cent and adding vodka flavouring or whiskey flavouring and colour. It sold well. Label was not a rip off of other brands but it was illegal and he paid the price in the end.

2 people like this

@Graywolf

I have watched the video you recommended(in one of your replies) Dr.Justin Fishedick's on terpenes and after the break he answers questions,in this part when talking decarbolisation he mentions it's hard to exactly establish when it is fully decarbed but should take around 2h

my question is can you over decarb your material?

I used to make my oil without decarbing first in the oven and the oil was much more psychoactive than when I decarbed first in the oven at 110C for 40min and than evaporating my Ethanol-another 2h @100C....

Any info regarding this decarbolisation? I now you recommend decarbing after not before -just made me think if you can over-decarb your bud

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, joba said:

@Graywolf

I have watched the video you recommended(in one of your replies) Dr.Justin Fishedick's on terpenes and after the break he answers questions,in this part when talking decarbolisation he mentions it's hard to exactly establish when it is fully decarbed but should take around 2h

my question is can you over decarb your material?

I used to make my oil without decarbing first in the oven and the oil was much more psychoactive than when I decarbed first in the oven at 110C for 40min and than evaporating my Ethanol-another 2h @100C....

Any info regarding this decarboxylation? I now you recommend decarbing after not before -just made me think if you can over-decarb your bud

Heat not only decarboxylates the carboxylic acids, it converts THC to CBN.  Fortunately at a slower rate, but if you continue heating, you will end up with a sedative, rather that high.

Edited by Graywolf
3 people like this

Hey guys, great thread! 

I'm going to try an ethanol extraction of a high CBD strain (Dinafem CBD Plus... 15-20% CBD / >1% THC). I will use the Jeff Ditchfield method of washing the (frozen?) buds with ethanol from the freezer, filtering through a coffee filter, then a home water distiller, then finally using a magnetic plate and stirrer to decarb and evaporate the remaining ethanol. Seems like a good method?

Has anyone tried this? What percentage of CBD can I expect from the finished oil? Does CBD have a higher temp at which it decarbs than THC (110 degrees)? 

2 people like this