Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bustin Jieber

making ethanol oil

102 posts in this topic
49 minutes ago, bazil brush said:

@Graywolf ok , i did one slightly long wash 4mins maybe with ehtanol, strained it off then added water to the plant matter left over, it made an emulsion, im going to cook it off, what is this stuff i have? its very amber.

You didn't mention temperature, which is a big factor.  ASSuming it was a frozen QWET extraction, the first wash should be high quality and the one with water will ostensibly produce a red extract.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Graywolf said:

You didn't mention temperature, which is a big factor.  ASSuming it was a frozen QWET extraction, the first wash should be high quality and the one with water will ostensibly produce a red extract.

yes frozen, then the water afterwards was simply cold water wash, what is this i have made with the water wash?

also, im evaporating off the ehtanol by fan and fishtank heater, like double oiler, i think some flies got in there, what is my nex step? i think i should filter them?

Just now, bazil brush said:

also, im evaporating off the ehtanol by fan and fishtank heater, like double oiler, i think some flies got in there, what is my nex step? i think i should filter them?

yes filtrate the flies out of the solution

once all the ethanol is gone you will see little bubbles forming that's decarbolisation taking place and once the bubbles stop forming you are done

scrape and store in the fridge in something made of silicone or greese proof paper

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i have an even worse step, i swooshed about the jar for more emulsion, the second hit is even redder, im reducing it in the oven as there is no solvent, what is this? cheese? kiddin...like borat, its not cheese but what is the last rinse in water and what do i do with it, i bet i can use it on my skin .

Edited by bazil brush
1 person likes this

do you mean second wash?

that should be darker than the 1st one( last time i did try 2nd wash but got only 0.8g out of 3oz)

not really sure what is going on in your kitchen bazil brush just keep your v=windows open when using oven and don't set it too high,keep the oven doors open

1 person likes this

@joba cheers man, yeh, so i did the first wash in the freezer with ethanol, second wash i did with water, as it still has ethanol in it i have that one slowly evaporating in a water bath with a fish tank heater and a fan blowing over the top, its taking a while, i poured some more water through the remaining plant matter and that stuff is quite brown and is still in the oven reducing slowly at about 90c, im wondering what sort of things came out in both water washes and in what way i can use them? the ethanol extract looks very nice for my first attempt, its a nice gold colour.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, bazil brush said:

i have an even worse step, i swooshed about the jar for more emulsion, the second hit is even redder, im reducing it in the oven as there is no solvent, what is this? cheese? kiddin...like borat, its not cheese but what is the last rinse in water and what do i do with it, i bet i can use it on my skin .

Not sure what the red water wash product is.  I never ran any through the GC to see, though by its texture and color, one might suspect that besides cannabinoids, a wax mixed with C-15 anthrocyanins, but plant waxes are typically non polar and hydrophobic, bringing to question how the highly polar water brings it along when it grabs the alcohol.

I suggest redissolving the dried concentrate in ethanol, freezing it for 48 hours @ -18C/0F, and then filtering it to see what's left besides waxes, fats, and lipids.

Edited by Graywolf
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Not sure what the red water wash product is.  I never ran any through the GC to see, though by its texture and color, one might suspect that besides cannabinoids, a wax mixed with C-15 anthrocyanins, but plant waxes are typically non polar and hydrophobic, bringing to question how the highly polar water brings it along when it grabs the alcohol.

I suggest redissolving the dried concentrate in ethanol, freezing it for 48 hours @ -18C/0F, and then filtering it to see what's left besides waxes, fats, and lipids.

i need a while to process what you just said o holy one, god.......im going to put the dried stuff in the freezer till i can work out what to do, what should work as a storage container? cheers! also just to be extra weird, the remaing plant matter was mixed into a bathing bath today and i am annointed.

Edited by bazil brush
1 person likes this

@Graywolf ok onit.

1 person likes this

i binned the last wash, it reduced to gunk, im working the middle wash now, this is my first time.

1 person likes this

@Graywolf ok, i got the dark oil dried mostly in a jar, it doesnt want to mix with the ethanol though? should i warm it?

its sitting at 70c in a double boiler now, im hoping thats safe, its turned more gooey but still will not mix.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:14 AM, bazil brush said:

@Graywolf ok, i got the dark oil dried mostly in a jar, it doesnt want to mix with the ethanol though? should i warm it?

I infer that we talking about the water wash red oil?  I suspect it is because of the low polarity of the plant waxes. 

Do you have any non polar solvents like lighter fluid, white gas, naphtha, etc, that you could try to dissolve a small sample in?

1 person likes this

On 18/06/2019 at 1:01 AM, Graywolf said:

I infer that we talking about the water wash red oil?  I suspect it is because of the low polarity of the plant waxes. 

Do you have any non polar solvents like lighter fluid, white gas, naphtha, etc, that you could try to dissolve a small sample in?

i got kerosene, but its stinky.