Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Azzak

No bullshit seed breeders

68 posts in this topic

I’d use cuts if I had access as I don’t have the space to grow out enough seeds to find and keep a selection of good mums.. they can be dipped in 3% hydrogen peroxide or 10%vinegar to avoid contamination or the Borg :smokin: 

@Era will that treatment act as an ovicide tho? good tip if so :yinyang:

1 person likes this

You should quarantine cuts even after they've been treated for pests because once you have pests in your main tent you're fucked for that grow, minimum. 

You have to do your homework with seeds and there's still a gamble. Googling strain names and buying the first thing that comes up is guaranteed failure. I don't even like forum recommendations off strangers as often... It's personal taste or someone's over hyped the strains. General consensus across the entire scene that a seed pack is good is a good sign. Trusted sources opinions are also worth listening to. I used to grow a lot of shite seeds based on reading a few anonymous people saying something is the best shit ever. Haha. Grow logs are useful too. You can't taste it but at least you can see if it's shit. So minimum it clears the yield stability and appearance hurdles. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you like stardawg and want good seeds (without buying a pack of stardawg ix which is the best stardawg pack currently available imo which you'll have to get in from the states probably at a few hundred dollars total cost) 

Karma Road dawg 

Karma headbanger

Dinafem Dinachem

All good chem choices. 

Edited by Sargares
4 people like this

6 minutes ago, Sargares said:

If you like stardawg and want good seeds (without buying a pack of stardawg ix which is the best pack currently available which you'll have to get in from the states probably at a few hundred dollars total cost) 

Karma Road dawg 

Karma headbanger

Dinafem Dinachem

All good chem choices. 

And if you can’t get your hands on them or cuts of genuine stardawg go for DNA Kosher Dawg (I got this on the grow and 2nd growing out my own cuts now) 

Very nice genuine stardawg smell 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, unity said:

@Era will that treatment act as an ovicide tho? good tip if so :yinyang:

Interesting point :) is described as fungicidal insecticidal miticidal.. had assumed this also included eggs? Anyone else know? Maybe this should be in a thread of it’s own? Helps if ph of dip is between 5 and 6 apparently  :smokin:

Edited by Era

To be honest I've played around with seeds for years and I'm yet to come across many good ones some ok but I think you have to be really lucky to get that special 1 from a pack I don't like messing around with the same seeds more than once unless I get what I'm looking for from the first pack first time then its the same old story you get a decent pack than you struggle to get them again as due to stock so you buy others and get bit on the arse again I've done underground originals disco biscuit which was very strong but the yield was crap     

2 people like this

If you are doing autos look no further than Mephisto genetics. Can’t rate them high enough , tested loads of their range they are quality. Direct orders get you serious freebies too. And yes you are right fast bud are dog shit! 

3 people like this

Riddle me this.

Are the subby seeds as good as the seeds sold for ten pounds apiece?

I have dithered over subbing but maybe I should have faith in the people producing the seeds.

I've bred in the past but small scale, letting a male pollinate by brushing pollen onto a few branches. Was hit and miss as its hard to get uniformity.

To be honest a lot of seed companies do not seem to have the uniformity.

Barneys Farm Critical Kush surprised me as every plant had the same shape, height and yield.

My first grows of purely Sensi Seedbank stock in the early 90s saw a lot of uniformity. Each variety was an actual variety. Now we have 1000 seedbanks doing a variety of cannabis and they are all different.

The prices are extortionate also. Maybe a monopoly in which all the seedbanks 'agree' on some retail price that is way above 'fair'.

Anyone who has ever seen a crop seeded entirely will testify that there are tens of thousands of viable seeds. Breeding cannabis is becoming a kind of gravy train with every man, women and there dog now 'producing' the BEST seeds in the world. That new Gorilla SuperGlue.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

The prices are extortionate also. Maybe a monopoly in which all the seedbanks 'agree' on some retail price that is way above 'fair'.

Are you being serious?

Which other breeders have you tried @Azzak?

If you had good results with ugorg try another one of thiers with better yield. I dont know which ones are but someone on here will.

I am still experimenting and only tried 2 hso, 2sweet seeds, 2seedsman, 2 subbies & 4 female ugorg db. 

I have no complaints with any of them but i have since ordered more ugorg, and will get more subbies next month. Of the plants i smoked all the db's were outstanding which is enough for me, they have added to their range as well so plenty to choose from.

plenty on here mate ....  Mark  at DINAFEM ......

Panic   at  ROYAL GORILLA SEED COMPANY

HSO ... Mark

to name a few ....  theyve allways  popped  and allways grown well ... give thenm a shout

@Azzak

‘I've done underground originals disco biscuit which was very strong but the yield was crap     ‘

I recently harvested 7 Disco Biscuit & got over 60g/plant grown in 6.7L pots.

That’s not a crap yield in anyone’s book.  I do grow a crap yielder, 30-35g/plant, but it’s so good I just grow twice as many :yes:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, SevernValleySavant said:

Are you being serious?

Yes, in some instances the profit margins will be very very high. Not every seed company produces seeds of quality but most seem to keep the price at a level which is suspicious.

I'll concede the more professional seed producers have a case for the prices they charge. You only need add up the investment and current outgoings to come to a conclusion. I'm not denying people the right to become rich. After all if you buy 5 seeds for 50 quid and end up with a bountiful harvest of fantastic weed then its a good deal.

However, you only need to actually seed a female plant to see that you end up with tens of thousands of seeds.

With clones, its easy to plant up ten, grow them big, manipulate another female clone to be the father and you would have enough seeds to fill a few buckets. Its easy on a small scale. Many growers have released their own varieties which have become commercial giants. There is still room for the little guy in all this. Or girl.

What I'm saying is the the profit margins are so huge that I doubt lowering the price 50% would have the seed company owners selling the Big Issue.

A lot of products are marketed this way. Razor blades, even food. Prices do get fixed. Sometimes its a natural occurrence were the best demand a price and the worse just ask for that price also.

So I am serious, but also a realist.

It would be nice if the price was lower.

With thousands of seed companies asking about the same price, that price is set whether by accident or design.

14 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Riddle me this.

Are the subby seeds as good as the seeds sold for ten pounds apiece?

Subbie seeds are well worth a punt mucker....some of the best plants I've grown in the last few years have been from subbie seeds.

Some gems to be found for sure :yep:

12 people like this