Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rabbit69

What's with my tiny plants!!!

26 posts in this topic

Rabbit I've got 4 autos on the go just finishing their 5th week and they are at about the same stage as yours. I'm doing Glueberry OG Auto from Dutch Passion,2x Jack47 XL from Sweet and Auto Mazar from Real Gorilla, 11l pots and soil.

I don't think I've done anything wrong, but they are disappointingly small, they just sprouted pistils and I'm wondeering whether they are going to grow much more now. Hopefully they do like Medicated suggests and stretch a lot in the next 2 weeks.

Bearukc that's a pretty good plant considering.:yep:

1 person likes this

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Rabbit I've got 4 autos on the go just finishing their 5th week and they are at about the same stage as yours. I'm doing Glueberry OG Auto from Dutch Passion,2x Jack47 XL from Sweet and Auto Mazar from Real Gorilla, 11l pots and soil.

I don't think I've done anything wrong, but they are disappointingly small, they just sprouted pistils and I'm wondeering whether they are going to grow much more now. Hopefully they do like Medicated suggests and stretch a lot in the next 2 weeks.

Bearukc that's a pretty good plant considering.:yep:

Good to know I'm not alone mate, hopefully they get a wriggle on for us both toward the end. Was looking through the auto grow diary's and came across some posts, a poster had crazy big autos, although people questioned his time stamps I did the usual thinking everyone else must be doing much better!! 

1 person likes this

I've seen some questionable time claims on here, and I've searched for pics and diaries of plants at the same stage as mine and mine have compared quite well : they don't seem to  get much bigger than photos in the early stages.

I haven't done autos since the early days so I'm not sure what to expect. Added to which the light meter I just bought has revealed the 400w MH they have been under from the start is only outputting 21000 lumens when it should be doing 35000, so that was undermining my expectations. I've now swapped for a 600w hps which is still easily yielding the 90000 lumens it should be, and at just under a tenner the light meter has paid for itself already, a thoroughly recommended buy.

I'm no expert on LEDs but you seem to have got an awful lot of wattage on the go for not much light, maybe you might find a meter beneficial - we get meters for just about every other factor so why not light too?

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I've seen some questionable time claims on here, and I've searched for pics and diaries of plants at the same stage as mine and mine have compared quite well : they don't seem to  get much bigger than photos in the early stages.

I haven't done autos since the early days so I'm not sure what to expect. Added to which the light meter I just bought has revealed the 400w MH they have been under from the start is only outputting 21000 lumens when it should be doing 35000, so that was undermining my expectations. I've now swapped for a 600w hps which is still easily yielding the 90000 lumens it should be, and at just under a tenner the light meter has paid for itself already, a thoroughly recommended buy.

I'm no expert on LEDs but you seem to have got an awful lot of wattage on the go for not much light, maybe you might find a meter beneficial - we get meters for just about every other factor so why not light too?

Could be a can of worms to open with the lumen v par issue as lumen is what the human eye guages, par is more applicable to plants and both are not easily gauging what's utilised by the plants, I did consider a lumen guage a few weeks ago, as my ufo 1800w cob light is not as bright as my 1200w 10w chip light, it's not lost on me these are both the ebay/amazon budget style lights but really the point of me keepi g the hps and parabolic reflector packed away was to see how they fair in real world terms, ignoring the plethora of negative reviews as I usually do can end in failure or glory, time will tell. I would have been better only changi g the lights and not doing the autos maybe as scrogging a standard fem seed grow would give me a direct comparison to previous grows, however I'd have to use the same clones to keep it as consistent as possible... 

So I guess it's not a lab test more a blundering car crash, however I've not had a bad grow yet, fighting spidermites, overnuting and leaf spot fungus over previous grows always hit 1grm per w, I've got 480w of led so maybe I can pull this off too, and worse comes to the worst I can do a grow again, it's not about the money savings for me rather the enjoyment of growing. 

7 plants, 2 different led lights. If it works ill keep it on tick over and never use the tent again, much easier for heat and access in the house with LEDs. The joy of being a grownup mwahahaha

3 people like this

Plants do seem more squat with leds imo. I've not tried hps for 20+year and it was only 110w then.

You've bought the leds now you might as well find out how to refine your process. 

My autos started under leds. I started some way too early for the Dinafem outdoor 2019 grow comp. So to keep up a decent amount of light hours I bought some cheap leds.

great fun and fast too.

1 person likes this

Check out the migro channel on youtube.

They are a company that makes LEDs but the owner does test almost every type of lighting from CFL to LED and everything in between.

He tests the cheap Ebay purple LEDs, CMH, HPS and does a clear chart so you can see which light performs best.

Its a good channel, he is fair to competitors as he does sell his own LED spotlight type system.

UK420 has the same information and of course, the growers whose crops are proof of how good any system might be.

LED and CMH seem to lead the way right now with regards to quality of end product.

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Plants do seem more squat with leds imo. I've not tried hps for 20+year and it was only 110w then.

You've bought the leds now you might as well find out how to refine your process. 

My autos started under leds. I started some way too early for the Dinafem outdoor 2019 grow comp. So to keep up a decent amount of light hours I bought some cheap leds.

great fun and fast too.

Just read through your diary fella, all looking good, my parents back in the day, (25 ish years ago haha) confiscated my plants I was growing on my window sill, I got kicked out for good (unrelated to the plants) a few weeks later, anyway, visited them a few months later and could smell weed from down the street... Turns out they'd planted my girls in the back garden, there were 2x 6 foot high bushes going great guns, I left with a shoebox full of crap bud, was weeks off being ready but cool now thinking about it!! :smokin:

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Check out the migro channel on youtube.

They are a company that makes LEDs but the owner does test almost every type of lighting from CFL to LED and everything in between.

He tests the cheap Ebay purple LEDs, CMH, HPS and does a clear chart so you can see which light performs best.

Its a good channel, he is fair to competitors as he does sell his own LED spotlight type system.

UK420 has the same information and of course, the growers whose crops are proof of how good any system might be.

LED and CMH seem to lead the way right now with regards to quality of end product.

Ooh, nice I'll take a look!! The stubiness of the plants will work well with the LEDs and if I can get a mild scrog then hopefully penetration will not be too much of an issue. I'd take quality over yield just got to hope my strains are spot on. 

2 people like this

They've got tonnes of growing to do yet -wait and see :skin_up:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

They've got tonnes of growing to do yet -wait and see :skin_up:

Yeah just had a good chat with them all, it's all good. I'll swing back with some pics in the future, :hippy:

1 person likes this

J is right you can't rush these things........... 

1 person likes this