Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Geoff

HSO Perpetual Grow

28 posts in this topic

large_grow.jpg.8b95980cfffe1746eecdd2b64Hi, I have a perpetual grow all HSO bar a couple of new seedlings.

I grow in reused Canna Pro Plus making organic teas from Borage, fish emulsion, worm castings and bat shit.

Currently flowering:-

73 days Amherst SD clone * partially harvested
66 days Blue Dream clone
66 days Choc Mint OG clone * partially harvested
40 days Blue Dream clone
28 days Chemdawg #1 & #2 seed
13 days  Chemdawg #3 seed

2 days Blue Dream clone

Ready to flip

2 x Blue Dream clone

Seedlings

1 x Black D.O.G.

1 x Choc Mint OG

Edited by Geoff
added photo
10 people like this

Black DOG and Choc Mint OG

Planted 15/5 ....  photo 25/5

large.hso_seedlings_1.jpg.af8bb50a9d553a

5 people like this

hi ru in spain, :george: nice place love the weather whats ur temp? i take it the grow is outside or indoors, an they are sunbathing lol

REGARDS FROM SCOTLAND ,,LOVELY JOB  .. geogeo. im not italian

1 person likes this

Hi Geogeo,  yes Spain  high 70'sF  22C

It's both. Plants are on an 8am to 8pm light-cycle.

If it's sunny and not windy they can go outside 9am-5pm from May to October.

So inside 8-9am and from 5-8pm. Dark period inside.

After October it becomes a 100% indoor grow mainly because of temps and wind until the next May.

I let some plants in this grow get a little bigger and double/triple harvest if the strain finishes top buds first.

Recent plants flipped have been lollypopped as I now only want top quality bud.. As I've got to the point of only vaping/smoking bud cured for 3 months+

Edited by Geoff
2 people like this

Chemdawg 28 days flowering.

large.chemdawg.jpg.f1d6f121846b3d0928230

Another younger Chemdawg from below in an arty-farty cloud shot.

large.chemdawg_clouds.jpg.17139ac604e763

6 people like this

Nice plants you have going on mate, I am also based in Spain but don't grow outside as much as I used too, but still dip my toes in it now and again - mostly some autos on a couple of terraces these days compared to say the big Guerilla grows up in mountains we used to do a few years back.. Too many factors like thieves, fires breaking out and of course GC getting smarter and up to date with tech ;)

Great selection of HSO strains too - Gorilla Breath I can vouch for outside if you are looking at introducing any new seedlings and also a brand new HSO strain.. How does the Chocolate Mint OG fend outside mate? I might be able to stick a couple of them out back next season after some pheno hunting indoors with some new seeds. 

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

hi 

The plants are only outside for a few hours on perfect days and I've only been putting them out for a few weeks. It gets too gusty on the terrace I have to be careful.

So I can't really answer your Choc Mint question.

It's easily better than the Amherst SD, Blue Dream and Chemdawg that I've grown (so far).

It tastes of fuel. Leaves go chocolate colours late on if cold.

I can't afford anymore beans ... spent my last Euros on an April 20th offer on Black DOG and some Dinafem WW because they were the cheapest plus the Black DOG gets great reviews.

I am watching the latest grows with interest ... waiting to see if  smoke reports match the hype.

1 person likes this

You must be more north, it is around 26c and 17c night where I am with 0 wind, so ideal weather for putting out. I am only doing autos this year bar 1 Gorilla Breath and 1 Lemon Garlic OG have in a field somewhere lol 

I have heard Black DOG is very good. Mark from HSO is very active on this forum so sure he will stop by soon and share is knowledge on strains :bong:

2 people like this

On 28/05/2019 at 11:51 AM, InTheSystem said:

You must be more north, it is around 26c and 17c night where I am with 0 wind, so ideal weather for putting out. I am only doing autos this year bar 1 Gorilla Breath and 1 Lemon Garlic OG have in a field somewhere lol 

I have heard Black DOG is very good. Mark from HSO is very active on this forum so sure he will stop by soon and share is knowledge on strains :bong:

I'm here buddy :yep:

You know how I love a multiple strain grow and this is some line up of our strains  ;)

On 25/05/2019 at 1:53 PM, Geoff said:

Currently flowering:-

73 days Amherst SD clone * partially harvested
66 days Blue Dream clone
66 days Choc Mint OG clone * partially harvested
40 days Blue Dream clone
28 days Chemdawg #1 & #2 seed
13 days  Chemdawg #3 seed

2 days Blue Dream clone

Ready to flip

2 x Blue Dream clone

Seedlings

1 x Black D.O.G.

1 x Choc Mint OG

@Geoff Thank you for getting this perpetual grow up and running my friend  :yep:

This looks like it will be a fun one and I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :bong:

Is this part outdoor and partly in mate? Or soley outdoor? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Hi Mark,

It's an in/out grow .. in today ... crazy winds.

All doing well.

On CMOG  In March I had two clones  2/3 weeks flowering, one on a heated mat, one not ... we had a cold snap for a couple of nights. Air temp dropped to 10C/50F for a few hours.  The one without the mat stretched 9-12 inches more than the other in 3-4 days.

It doesn't really appear to stretch much at all. I can't smoke this near a bed or couch, great meds for sleeping problems or if sleeping is beneficial to recovery.

The Blue Dream I have is really Hazy looking pheno expression ... until you touch the rock hard nugs.

Doesn't know when to finish. Keeps exploding with new growth. Sweet smelling flower when touched. Same smell in cure. I eat a lot of blueberries ... nope sorry, not this one anyway. Pleasant taste.

Good day time smoke, good yields.

The Amherst is a huge yielder, but the Sativa effect makes me a bit spaced out and forgetful or I don't notice I'm really wasted until I snap out of a ten minute trance. This doesn't taste of much at all, a pleasant faint greenness when vaped, no sour or diesel.

Chemdawg, aaaarggggghhhhh  ... I had mucho problemas which @HSO-Mark helped with earlier in the year. 

I have flowered 1/5 so far and that was a slow slow starter. It finally yielded a couple of oz, which smelled and tasted of pine floor cleaner for a week in the jar then the smell and taste just vanished. Which is a pity as it was really strong tasting.

The effects are okay, but the weakest effect of the four. Although I prefer it to the Amherst which is now my predawn/sunrise smoke.

More than disappointed with Chemdawg so far ... but ... 

I have since planted 3 more seeds ... 2 look like healthy hybrids #1&#2 , another was a strange red coloured spherical mini-seed #3 ... really weird orange/red colour, easily the smallest weed seed I've seen and it looked spherical rather than the usual slightly oval with a seam.

It hatched with a short fat discoloured (orange) stem and just sat there for about a week. Then it slowly started growing.

Then it quickly developed into an indica looking plant. When I flipped it untopped, it was the same height but 15 days behind its normally developed but topped sisters.

I always have it in my mind one of these weird slow growing plants might be special ... not yet .. they are just weird and slow growing ... taking up space.

I really hope my first impressions of Chemdawg are wrong ... lol please please please as i have three of the fuckers growing.

They are getting some good light and my soil is really good. So they have every chance of fulfilling their destiny and my bong with piney freshness.

Edited by Geoff
2 people like this

@Geoff Getting the best of both worlds  ;)

Indoor when the outdoor weather is poor and outdoor when the sun is out soaking up those rays  :yep:

Are the ChemDawg performing any better this round buddy? I recall issues early on ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Hi @HSO-Mark

Thanks for replying.

I've had ongoing problems with this batch of Chemdawg.

4/8  no shows.

2/8  stunted starts, very slow growing in veg, eventually grow into nice plants but 8/9 weeks veg to get where it should be in 5 weeks.

2/8 healthy.

At the same time I'm 100% with all other HSO seeds.

Amherst SD

Blue Dream

Choc Mint OG

Black D.O.G.

All healthy, great plants, amazing colours in winter especially.

All germinated at the same time, within inches of the Chemdawg seeds.

I think the order the seeds popped has also been a factor ..

The first was stunted then the four failures.

So losing confidence i planted three seeds when I only wanted one plant ...

All three are now flowering ...  lol

I do enjoy growing HSO genetics so I'm hopeful these Chemdawgs will be good.

They look great.

Edited by Geoff
3 people like this

On 31/05/2019 at 7:05 AM, Geoff said:

I've had ongoing problems with this batch of Chemdawg.

4/8  no shows.

2/8  stunted starts, very slow growing in veg, eventually grow into nice plants but 8/9 weeks veg to get where it should be in 5 weeks.

2/8 healthy.

Fingers crossed the 2 that you do have are keepers and produce some amazing end product  ;)

On 31/05/2019 at 7:05 AM, Geoff said:

I do enjoy growing HSO genetics so I'm hopeful these Chemdawgs will be good.

They look great.

Let's keep an eye on things buddy ;) I'll be watching them progress  :yep:

Anymore issue let me know brother ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

large.5d1d02c36700e_DSC_1031copy.png.c8f

Black D.O.G.  planted 15/5 topped a week ago   ... around 2ft tall.

large.5d1d02e28165b_DSC_1032copy.png.387

Chocolate Mint OG    planted seed 15/5 topped.

Harvested recently ...

Blue Dream clone scrog- 3oz

Blue Dream clone lollypopped- 2oz

Chemdawg #1 #2 lollypopped 2oz each

Choc Mint OG 2oz

all great quality buds

also growing 3 more Blue Dream clones 40 days flowering

and Chemdawg #3 seed 54 days flowering

4 people like this

On 03/07/2019 at 8:47 PM, Geoff said:

Harvested recently ...

Blue Dream clone scrog- 3oz

Blue Dream clone lollypopped- 2oz

Chemdawg #1 #2 lollypopped 2oz each

Choc Mint OG 2oz

I would call that a very nice harvest of some fine HSO genetics  :yep:

Any chance of a few dry flower shots my friend? Maybe in the best picture thread?

I know you've done our CMOG before, can I ask have you tried to clone her?

CMOG and Black D.O.G look in great shape mate  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

1 person likes this