Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SouthCoastFarmer

FIRST OUTDOOR GROW (seeking advice)

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I popped this seed (SENSEI SKUNK AUTO) last week into the final potting plant (a big black tub).

After a week of cloud, rain and wind with a touch of sun I returned to see it sprouted. 

Let me know if there’s anything obviously wrong with the setup. First time grower, all advice is welcome. :)

Thanks in advance y’all best of luck with yo crops!

large.IMG_2501.JPG.58ecfc331207be826f32a

large.IMG_2499.JPG.46d5508ae88ce0841af98

Edited by SouthCoastFarmer
Pics removed. Please upload to here
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

looking ok  to me so far mate ...  its about the same size as my autos at the moment  .... is it the only one you have out ?

Edited by vortex
1 person likes this

You can make a small greenhouse for your baby girl in case she gets cold at night with a cut off upturned up cycled plastic bottle.

Vent holes don't hurt if it's getting hot in the day.

Tah Dah single use just became multiple use. See how green I am?

You might not need it. Depends on your micro climate.

Hope it goes well for ya.

2 people like this

Just now, vortex said:

looking ok  to me so far mate ...  its about the same size as my autos at the moment  .... is it the only one you have out ?

I bought 3 seeds, 1 never cracked and the other is planted straight in the ground on another sight. Was wondering when I should start with fert and how I should arrange further defences... What autos are you growing?

1 person likes this

Just now, Kipper420 said:

You can make a small greenhouse for your baby girl in case she gets cold at night with a cut off upturned up cycled plastic bottle.

Vent holes don't hurt if it's getting hot in the day.

Tah Dah single use just became multiple use. See how green I am?

You might not need it. Depends on your micro climate.

Hope it goes well for ya.

Ooooh interesting thought, would I just chuck the plastic bottle over the top of the seedling, on top of the soil? Would work as a good defence against critters too... 

Smart idea, we all gotta work to save this planet! 

Yup chuck it on top of the soil.

bear in mind it will also up the plants environmental relative humidity.

Consult the breeders advice especially in soil ref; nutes.

Not all autos take well to feeding and are some What prone to being over fed.

I was being ironic. No offence.

I'm not as green as I should be, I'm just a tight wad.

Someone who knows what they're on about will tell you how to go on, Im a novice auto grower with a previous poor attempt but I have high hopes for future grows. Thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for Dinafem 2019 outdoor grow comp.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Almost forgot.

:bong: Welcome to the forum :bong:

Edited by Kipper420
2 people like this

Just now, Kipper420 said:

Almost forgot.

:bong: Welcome to the forum :bong:

Appriciated my guy, shall stick to water for the time being. 

Did order see the biobizz outdoor grow pack (fish mix bloom etc) so will probably start with very very minimal amounts then work my way up i guess?! 

Copper tape in the post too, will update the thread when I’ve made some changes. 

Love that this forum exists and people can exchange knowledge! 

:smokin:

3 people like this

They’ll be a few weeks before they need feeding and autos can be sensitive so you’ll have to watch her to see how she’s reacting to her environment. 

Although the bottle cloche is a good idea it’s not necessary in this weather currently. Your biggest problem will be slugs for next few weeks. Pellets round pot will do you well. 

1 person likes this

They’ll be a few weeks before they need feeding and autos can be sensitive so you’ll have to watch her to see how she’s reacting to her environment. 

Although the bottle cloche is a good idea it’s not necessary in this weather currently. Your biggest problem will be slugs for next few weeks. Pellets round pot will do you well. 

3 hours ago, AnxiousPlanter said:

Okay cool, shall prepare the battlements!!

Anywhere particularly good for pellets?

Also would a salt ring work? 

peace ☮️ 

Wire wool ring around the base might help or sand. NOT salt. Salt will leach into the soil and do more harm than good.

Pellets are ok but remember theyre going to attract slugs to where you put them. So maybe put them somewhere where you dont want the slugs to be. I dont like using them. prefering a more natural approach.

Have you seen slug sign? Is the environment ripe for slugs?

Have you thought about companion planting?

Patience is your friend. Try not to over fuss. It's hard I know.  :smokin:

23 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Wire wool ring around the base might help or sand. NOT salt. Salt will leach into the soil and do more harm than good.

Pellets are ok but remember theyre going to attract slugs to where you put them. So maybe put them somewhere where you dont want the slugs to be. I dont like using them. prefering a more natural approach.

Have you seen slug sign? Is the environment ripe for slugs?

Have you thought about companion planting?

Patience is your friend. Try not to over fuss. It's hard I know.  :smokin:

I have not yet seen slugs/signs of them but it is a wild area, full of all manner of plants.

I therefore suspect that there are slugs, as there are plenty of other insects around!! 

Will go up there today with sand and search for slugs. 

1 person likes this

They will be hiding in a wet dark place in the day.

Good luck @SouthCoastFarmer 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

They will be hiding in a wet dark place in the day.

Good luck @SouthCoastFarmer 

large.IMG_2549.JPG.48b66481c9bb447a4cd58large.IMG_2546.JPG.fbb7a4230fa93960a8097IMG_2547.JPG

Chucked down a bunch of sand, hopefully it keeps the slugs away for a while. 

Peace:skin_up:

4 people like this