Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kush123

Plug on pump won’t reach out of 250l res

Just received my 250l flexi tank and my Hailea hx4500 pump and realised the plug doesn’t reach all the way out of the res :wallbash: I’ve been looking for waterproof extension leads although I’m starting to think that may not be a good idea :furious: any one had this problem or any ideas would be very much appreciated thanks 

Posted (edited)

Electric and water do not mix well. Understatement   :wanker:

Please don't frazzle yourself trying to save a few quid. Imminent death or a fire may follow.

I hope someone who knows about this stuff chimes in soon.

Be safe

Edited by Kipper420
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Get a new pump.By the time you've bought a resin joint it won't be far of the cost of a new pump.Nothing else is good enough imo.

Edited by icki
5 people like this

Thanks @icki and @Kipper420 for the very sensible advice. Can anyone recommend a similar pump to the hailea hx4500 but with a long plug lead? I’ve had a look but can’t find any that mention they’ve got an extended cable. Thanks

Can you not put an extension tube on the inlet of the pump so the pump is higher in the res but still drawing water from the bottom?  Does that make sense?

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Can you not put an extension tube on the inlet of the pump so the pump is higher in the res but still drawing water from the bottom?  Does that make sense?

They don’t have a straightforward inlet on the hx4500 it’s like the whole back of the pump is the inlet. I haven’t worked out how to upload photos on my phone yet or I’d show you. Great idea tho thanks I might see if I can make it work. :yep:

Ah I see.  If it had been a simple tube it could have been a solution.   Damn, back to the drawing board!

1 person likes this

If i remember correctly you can disassemble the rear of the pump and solder on a new cable, the standard pumps come with a shortish cable, there mainly for the aquatics industry. I've replaced pumps on iws systems but always on the other end, brain bucket....

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, trichomehi said:

If i remember correctly you can disassemble the rear of the pump and solder on a new cable, the standard pumps come with a shortish cable, there mainly for the aquatics industry. I've replaced pumps on iws systems but always on the other end, brain bucket....

Thanks mate bit too complex for me but I really appreciate the input.