Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Attention pls

Very hot air pump?

Hi everyone, I have a haliea aco 500 which is incredibly hot. I can hardly keep my hand on it! Just wondering if this is normal? Or how I can possibly keep it cooler? Thanks 

Air pumps get hot, that's why they are made as one big heat sink. Maybe use more pumps and cycle them so they get a break. For what it's worth, after having a room full of air pumps bubbling away in various reservoirs, I stopped using them all together. You can opt for water pumps, positioned on the water line that will actually oxygenate your res better than any airpumps. It's quieter, and cooler and you dont spend your time cleaning gunk off airstones anymore. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Bushido420 said:

Air pumps get hot, that's why they are made as one big heat sink. Maybe use more pumps and cycle them so they get a break. For what it's worth, after having a room full of air pumps bubbling away in various reservoirs, I stopped using them all together. You can opt for water pumps, positioned on the water line that will actually oxygenate your res better than any airpumps. It's quieter, and cooler and you dont spend your time cleaning gunk off airstones anymore. 

Iv been considering this I use a submersible pump to top up and when I mix nutes I don't bother mixing I just take the hose off the pump it bubbles it up nice 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Use a Venturi based aeration system such as a bubblegen, or get on that there YouTube and it shows you how to make one for about 3 quid (minus the pump of your choice)

Or put your pump elsewhere and run the hoses into the tent.

enjoy

Edited by HVACman
Spelling