Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rex Mundi

dosing for cancer

16 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm asking a theoretical question here, I could put it in a different section but as it is medical I thought better here.

The reason for my question... I have a neighbour, a close friend, an old Irishman named Ken Corr.

I have posted the last 5 songs he has written/sung in the "what are you listening to pt. 2" thread.

We had a chat the other day, he tells me he has cancer... I had not seen him for a while as he had been in hospital, but I must say he is looking a little better now, although weak... as can be heard in his singing.

I offered him my cannabis rosin... it is basically cannabis oil, it can cure cancers, perhaps it can help??? but he laughed at me, saying that at 83 years old he was not worried about dying, he'd had a happy life, because of his last op he now carries a "do not resuscitate" thingy...

I have around 40g of rosin.... If I was to make that into a cancer busting medicine.... how much is needed? I remember reading things like 1g of oil per day, for three months, that is 90g total.

I admit my ignorance on this subject, but what is the normal "cancer-busting" dose?

Just as a thought experiment here, if I was to push it with my neighbour and insist he takes my oil, I was thinking of making little chocolates weighing 3g, with 0.5g of rosin in each one... two of those a day.... 

comments, and criticisms, most welcome

1 person likes this

@Rex Mundi

I`d be extremely cautious, edibles can be very strong and if hes 83 and as you said weak I would not be using that gentleman as a test subject.

Then there is the illusion of hope (or false hope) that alone can be very dangerous.

Aidwej 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Education is key imo. 

Let him decide what is best for him. 

Plenty of parents of young children screaming out for this Rex.

Prohibition really does suck :wallbash:

e2a just on my second viewing of Weed the People on Netflix.

Fuck prohibition then fuck it some more :furious:

Edited by bartman
4 people like this

Just now, bartman said:

Let him decide what is best for him. 

I have no intention of doing otherwise, Ken is happy as he is, I was just being theoretical.

I also don't know how suitable rosin is for medical use orally with children.... as far as I'm aware, all the oils used so far have been solvent extracts like RSO, but rosin has lots more in it than just thc/cbd, there is all the terpenes and stuff.... are they okay medically?

Before I send my 22g lump of rosin off to anybody, I would like to know these things

1 person likes this

Years ago, someone of a similar age reached out after reading cannabis could alleviate his conditions.

He had a panic attack after smoking half a joint. Told him to take a couple of tokes and let it go out. Then wait and see if it brings relief.

With edibles, I do not know the doses for med use but I'd say a gram of rosin would wipe someone out who has not used before.

With extract, it is far more powerful than hash which I used to eat by the gram. However, with extracts, just for recreational use, even a mere 300mg really hits you. Takes practice to get to a gram of extract. I intend to work up to it but so far I'm guessing I'd leave 48 hr free.

I'd say that extracts for medical use have to be very carefully measured but Rick Simpson does make it clear that its high THC doses for cancer. The patient would have to become comfortable with being high, which is why I'd include some CBD there also. As much as you can do try to get the patient involved in some creative activities for a while.

1 person likes this

@Rex Mundi

i assume the rosin has been decarbed by heating it in(i would stick it in the oven for 40min@110C before hand anyway just to be sure its fully decarbed)and just mix it in -melt it in olive oil or coconut oil i just done the same with my buble hash-1.7g melted in 8ml of virgin olive oil,tincure,easy to dose this way

1 person likes this

hi rex.  sorry to here about your pal ,,i am a bit younger tha him , over sixty some times when you get to that age u have done al the things in life

you get fed up off all the hassel in life , u just want to have a rest , nobody wants to live forever .even machines ware out. ive  had prostrate cancer 

been through the nhs system . then i found out  about rick simpson story and now trying my hand at growing . saw the news last night on the beb

the couple going to holland to get oil for the kid, £1400. and said they couldnt aford it again it should be on the nhs  i felt for them if i had a address i would

send a donation , sorry for the post being to long.  regards geogeo.  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@geogeo

I have been through the process very recently (RCC kidney cancer) and having used oil I felt much better knowing I am doing something rather just take oxycodone and hope for the best.

I used the oil to combat my symptoms over a year before my diagnoses and than straight i went onto gram a day but it didn't get rid off my cancer (tumour) but on the other hand my cancer has been growing inside me for good 5 years  but it hasn't spread outside the tumour-so I will never know if it was due to oil and my heavy canna use .

It certainly did help with the aftermath after and even before the surgery,even if it was placebo it did help me as radio or chemo is not used as it doesn't work on my type of cancer(surgery only)so nothing there to loose.

Check Hash and oil section there are few posts regarding oil dosages-i was using CBD 5% to help to get to gram a day as was way too anxious and at 0.5g i felt i might aswell had a tab of acid

**have to add I have been consuming cannabis 18 years and I am in my early 30s with young kids so plenty to live for not fed up yet:bong:

Edited by joba
6 people like this

To help patients acclimatise to the medicine  Rick Simpson advocates starting with a piece the size of 

a grain of rice and doubling that every 3 or 4 days until 1 gram is reached (if I remember rightly).

Good luck !

3 people like this

Just now, highdihigh2 said:

To help patients acclimatise to the medicine  Rick Simpson advocates starting with a piece the size of 

a grain of rice and doubling that every 3 or 4 days until 1 gram is reached (if I remember rightly).

Good luck !

I am a fan of Rick and feel like he help to put oil out there with his youtube videos but just don't aggree with naptha in plastic buckets and how he might be giving people false hopes(this can cure most cancers comments)

2 people like this

I think dying with hope is far better than dying in despair. I never go see a doctor with any ailments I have which are few and far between, the thought of dying is so much easier than the thought of them cutting me open and fucking about. i'm using rick simpson oil to treat the onset of old age works real fine 

3 people like this

On 16/05/2019 at 11:42 PM, Rex Mundi said:

I admit my ignorance on this subject, but what is the normal "cancer-busting" dose?

there isn't one,cancer is very complex

2 people like this

10 hours ago, joba said:

@Rex Mundi

i assume the rosin has been decarbed by heating it in(i would stick it in the oven for 40min@110C before hand anyway just to be sure its fully decarbed)and just mix it in -melt it in olive oil or coconut oil i just done the same with my buble hash-1.7g melted in 8ml of virgin olive oil,tincure,easy to dose this way

I will do the decarb as you suggest, thank you.

I'm also writing these numbers down in my little book ;) 

1 person likes this

My old next door neighbour, 93 give or take at the time, once said to me that he wanted to try weed and that he'd never tried it before. I thought about wrapping one and taking it around but decided against it purely for his safety. I didn't want to be responsible for him falling ETC.

He ended up dying without trying any. Convinced it would take all his aches and pains away but again, decided against it 

RIP my friend :)

the hardest thing about this deal is..

No one likes to be told.:chains:

and telling can get ya in a lot of shit out your way.

Info is key as someone has said already.

IF they want this..THEY FIND THEIR WAY....no amount of pushing will help...its sad to..specially when you see everything else killing them,.:wallbash:

all you can do is give them the info they need and hope they ASK for more..