Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kaidog

Dinafem Autos led grow

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So after a few grows using RQS I decided that I would give Dinafem a go, I'm just finishing a grow that was supposed to be all RQS but due to a couple of dodgy seeds not sprouting, I bought 2 Dinafem seeds (only one grew though, maybe my fault) but the one that did has really impressed me. (2 weeks behind the RQS and the biggest plant)

Grow diary here... 

Anyway, I have bought 4 more seeds and plan on getting these going once the current grow has finished. The seeds are...

1x Critical + 2.0 Autoflowering

1x Haze 2.0 Autoflowering

1x Blue Critical Autoflowering

1x Original Amnesia Autoflowering

Set up...

Old kids wardrobe (insulated and made slightly bigger) 

Kingbo 300w led (120w real wattage)

Topplanet 300w led (120w real wattage)

(Surprised how well these 2 lights have done considering they are cheapies)

2 X modified ceiling led panel lights (4000k) 80 watts

Ram mixed flow extraction

Rhino 4" filter

2x 4" usb fans

Heat mat 600mm X 600mm

Fabric pots

Soil will be a mixture of pre used (once) canna soil mix / home made compost/perlite / Coco coir.

Various canna / biobizz fertilizers.

Pic from current grow...it's a bit rag tag but does the job...

large.56567352_10155813360302024_2963645438466457600_n.jpg

Hoping the current grow will be finished in the next couple weeks, will get onto these then. :thumsup:...

Watch this space...

Edited by Kaidog
6 people like this

On 16/05/2019 at 8:54 AM, Kaidog said:

Anyway, I have bought 4 more seeds and plan on getting these going once the current grow has finished. The seeds are...

1x Critical + 2.0 Autoflowering

1x Haze 2.0 Autoflowering

1x Blue Critical Autoflowering

1x Original Amnesia Autoflowering

A fine selection of our strains and by the look of things a nice set-up to house the ladies :yep:

This should be a fun one :bong:

I'll drop by your current thread to see how your first Dinafem strain is doing and I'll keep checking back here when you get this grow underway  :yep:

Thank you for getting this diary up and running my friend, we can't wait to see what you can do with our genetics  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

1 person likes this

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark

Well I couldn't wait any longer so I added my seeds to warm water yesterday, 16hrs then into some clear plastic cups with seed cutting compost,

I've also upped the ante a bit since my last grow and added a dimmable diyled 260 quantum board. 

Much neater in the drobe now and much brighter!

Opening the drobe door now is like something out of the holy grail! :eek::punk:

We are off! :yep:

large.61620604_10155917907792024_2931865923176366080_o.jpg

4 people like this

On 31/05/2019 at 10:10 AM, Kaidog said:

Cheers @Dinafem-Mark

Well I couldn't wait any longer so I added my seeds to warm water yesterday, 16hrs then into some clear plastic cups with seed cutting compost,

I've also upped the ante a bit since my last grow and added a dimmable diyled 260 quantum board. 

Much neater in the drobe now and much brighter!

Opening the drobe door now is like something out of the holy grail! :eek::punk:

We are off! :yep:

large.61620604_10155917907792024_2931865923176366080_o.jpg

And the adventure begins  :yep:

How's the germination going my friend? 

Mark..

2 people like this

We have lift off! :yep:  All 4 shooting up!

After the 16hrs in warm water it only took roughly another 24hrs and they were sticking out the soil, i think these are quickest seeds ive had for germination so far. :yes:

large.61691283_10155926270022024_3547009800942387200_n.jpg

8 people like this

Nice one on getting your beans cracked @Kaidog just doing a couple of Critical+ 2.0 autos meself so good luck with the grow :yep:

2 people like this

Wow! They came up fast.  Good luck with the grow :smokin:

2 people like this

Quick update, the tap roots on these have already reached the bottom of the cups so have now transplanted to their final pots.

Ended up buying another 50L of canna terra pro soil mix as the root system on my last grow was the best i've ever had. (12.5L per plant)

I wont be using the plastic cups for germination again though as they were a pain in the ass trying re-pot into the final containers, hopefully didn't stress them too much! Live and learn. (will go back to the biodegradable jiffy pots next time and pot the whole thing into the final containers).

Pic of the new set up... much tidier than before and a great light, dimmed to 120w for now, early days but the seedlings seem to like it! :smoke:

large.62109910_10155932860822024_5963776551097991168_n.jpg

5 people like this

40 minutes ago, Kaidog said:

Quick update, the tap roots on these have already reached the bottom of the cups so have now transplanted to their final pots.

Ended up buying another 50L of canna terra pro soil mix as the root system on my last grow was the best i've ever had. (12.5L per plant)

I wont be using the plastic cups for germination again though as they were a pain in the ass trying re-pot into the final containers, hopefully didn't stress them too much! Live and learn. (will go back to the biodegradable jiffy pots next time and pot the whole thing into the final containers).

Pic of the new set up... much tidier than before and a great light, dimmed to 120w for now, early days but the seedlings seem to like it! :smoke:

large.62109910_10155932860822024_5963776551097991168_n.jpg

That was nice and fast mate, vigorous root growth is always a good sign and now the ladies are in their forever home  :yep:

Your going to get some crazy explosive growth with the fabric pots buddy ;)

Get ready things are about to get crazy  :headbang:

Mark..

2 people like this

Little update, Day 17. 3 of the plants doing ok, the amnesia is struggling though for some reason, way behind compared to the others, I want to smoke this one the most as well so hope it perks up soon! 

Weather has been cold for June here and trying to get steady temperatures in my shed has been a challenge.

This QB light runs much cooler than my old lights too, only getting around 19c with the extraction on so trying to regulate warmer temperatures by knocking the extraction off a few times a day with a timer, now ranges between 19c and 28c.

Also been using the heat Matt on a timer throughout the day and getting steady soil temps of around 20c give or take a couple degrees.

Started feeding small amounts of root juice, also gave a small feed of fish mix.

I'm colour blind so if anyone notices any problems with any leaf colour problems please feel free to point it out. :nerd::george::yep:

large.64590489_10155953820842024_2102959006237589504_n.jpg

5 people like this

7 hours ago, Kaidog said:

I'm colour blind so if anyone notices any problems with any leaf colour problems please feel free to point it out. :nerd::george::yep:

Looks lush and green from this end my friend  :yep:

No signs of any deficiencies, nice green colour to the leaves and no signs of overfeeding :bong:

The Amnesia Auto is looking a little small for this age, I'm hoping she's getting established then we will see a growth explosion  ;)

Your doing all you can to keep temps in range, your doing fine mate ;)

Until next time  :headbang:

Mark..

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Looks lush and green from this end my friend  :yep:

No signs of any deficiencies, nice green colour to the leaves and no signs of overfeeding :bong:

Cheers for the extra pair of eyes:eek:, much obliged!:nerd::yep:

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Kaidog said:

Cheers for the extra pair of eyes:eek:, much obliged!

My pleasure mate  :yep:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

1 person likes this

Day 19.

Things are speeding up now, can see them getting bigger by the day.

The Amnesia seems to have perked up too, the stem right at the bottom was looking very thin compared to the rest so I put more compost around it for support and hopefully it will root better now?

Dialled the temps in better now also, knocking the extraction off for 30mins every couple hours, now getting air temps 20c - 26c, soil temps around 21c

Not much smell at the moment so not an issue yet.

First grow with the @diyledukquantum board 240w led , got it about 2 foot above plants and dimmed to about 150w atm, does this sound ok? Maybe drop it down a bit? Or up the wattage? Or leave as is? :stoned::v:

Cheers for looking in

large.64675311_10155957682147024_1650174281058877440_n.jpg

6 people like this

If your temps are low with the extractor on, then up the wattage till you get the desired temp. Get it dialed in with the extractor on now, then the hard works done for later.

Keep it at 2ft through veg if you have the height and you wont have any issues.

4 people like this