Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Medicated

Air conditioning

Hi All, 

Prepping for later on in the year when we may have a few days of summer (yeah right..) and wondering what your all using, Lots out there on the market.

I'm going to be cooling a room that feeds my growroom so this is not just for the plants :P

Don't have a budget - would rather buy something that people can recommend!

You'll not find many using air con mate. Expensive, noisy, and takes a lot of room up usually

Owd

2 people like this

I will just turn my intake/extraction fans up! :yep:

Tenchie.

2 people like this

I have to use air con in the summers where I live and cut down on my light watts/heat.. In general the tactic is to flower say 9pm until 9am when at least the outside air is mid to high 20s, that way can limit the use of a portable air con unit to the day and only on a temperature controller when it goes above say 30c.. The girls can take up to about 30c if VPD is on point without stress of foxtails.. Co2 is another alternative but then you are talking sealed and more need for air con as your only burping the air on lights off.

If you are working with rooms then get a wall unit, Panasonic for example are very efficient units but cost a bit more to buy. In the UK though, just up your extractors to generously more than you need and run a speed controller. So long as you have a negative pressure, you can get a decent air exchange going on to reduce the temps and not have any smell still.

As said, up your extraction to the max if needed, lights on from 10pm til 10am, and try to draw fresh air from somewhere cool if possible.

1 person likes this

Just now, GreenVision said:

As said, up your extraction to the max if needed, lights on from 10pm til 10am, and try to draw fresh air from somewhere cool if possible.

That's the point exactly - I want to pull cool air from a room im chilling - so the AC will not be in the grow room, i want to chill a room for personal use and use the cooler air to feed the tent in the summer, my grow room is in a very warm location and im stuck at venting through a 4 inch system for now.

Just now, Medicated said:

That's the point exactly - I want to pull cool air from a room im chilling - so the AC will not be in the grow room, i want to chill a room for personal use and use the cooler air to feed the tent in the summer, my grow room is in a very warm location and im stuck at venting through a 4 inch system for now.

Could work, although if you plan to be in the air cooled room you may just add ambient heat to it which might make the entire thing counterproductive. Will need to be quite am air con unit.

If your HID have you considered air cooled hoods?

1 person likes this

I'm LED so don't have HID issues :P 

Yeah, going to get AC anyway for the office so might as well get one to use personally - 12000 BTU most likely

Hi All,

Just wondering which air conditioning units you use in your grow room.

My grow space is usually 10c over ambient temps in the summer so will need to seriously think about this to keep my girls cool, I cant step up extraction unfortunately.

Any recommendations would be great (so many noname brands out there).

Never ever used one mate,from what I`ve read they`re noisy and expensive to run.

As for summer growing I`ve had temps of 100f and never lost a plant because of it.

As much freshair as you can extraction up at its highest and keep them well watered and an oscalating fan.

Jobs a good one.

Tenchie.

Heat needs to be removed. Consider heat as energy. If you use air con, it will remove the heat/energy but you'll still need somewhere for the air con outlet to be sent. Therefore needing a outlet for a unit cooling hot air because you don't have an outlet.

Opt for air movement dude.