Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

InTheSystem

Fastbuds Terrace Challenge

41 posts in this topic

Each year I stick a 2 or 3 auto flowering plants out on a secluded terrace amongst other herbs and flowers. Last year I did pretty well on a couple of Sweet Seeds promo packs, which gave me some motivation to actually buy some seeds and have a proper go this year - as it really helps for some extra smoke in the summer. I have seen and heard some positive things about Fastbuds so decided to take the plunge.. As the individual seed packs did not cost too much more, I opted to run 3 different strains rather than 3 of the same:

large.DSC01783.JPG

They will be started off in Biobizz light mix in 0.5l pots under a small 2 tube T5 inside my veg tent, once rooted they will be transplanted into their final pots with Biobizz All Mix and placed at their location outside. The transplant is for simply making waterings and soil saturation easier to manage whilst the roots are delicate and forming. No nutrients will be introduced until pre flowers start to show, I have found it does more harm then good trying to add veg nutrients in such a short cycle.. Anyway, after a cup and water germination method, then placing in soil yesterday, this morning all 3 have surfaced:

large.DSC01807.JPG

So a decent start.. Now, I only have done a couple of similar auto flowering grows the last 2 years as I generally grow photoperiods indoors, so any tips/suggestions are more than welcome :) 

Cheers :bong:

5 people like this

I'm doing my first outdoor grow of Dinafem Autos.

So just learning myself.

My understanding is that some autos dont need as much feeding as photos.

See what the breeders and diarys say.

I wish you a happy and fruitfull season.

Pulling up a chair for the terrace challenge.

Is this in the UK? @InTheSystem

2 people like this

57 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

I'm doing my first outdoor grow of Dinafem Autos.

So just learning myself.

My understanding is that some autos dont need as much feeding as photos.

See what the breeders and diarys say.

I wish you a happy and fruitfull season.

Pulling up a chair for the terrace challenge.

Is this in the UK? @InTheSystem

Thanks for the positive vibes mate.. I hope your Dinafem run will also be successful - are you doing a log/diary? :)

To be honest I am not experienced enough with growing auto flowering plants to give sound advice, but you are quite right in that the feeding is not that of photos - I skip feeding until I see pre flowers now as I had much better results last year doing this.. If using a decent soil mix, that holds enough nutrition for the plant until the flowering stage.. If you were to grow straight in the final pot or straight in the ground though, maybe some veg fertilising would be required.

I forgot to add actually, no I am not in the UK. I am south Spain - so shit loads of sun and optimum temps day and night ;) 

3 people like this

Sure am, diary here

south spain nice. Should work and it well for you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Sure am, diary here

south spain nice. Should work and it well for you.

Sweet mate - you have a new follower on your venture :)

Yes the outdoor potential here is pretty outstanding, the issue is there are people and gangs set out to steal plants... I have had rotten luck the last couple of years with Guerilla grows getting stolen right before the chop as they fly drones around to spot them and bide their time (right kick in the balls when they are 2 kilo plants+).... This is why I generally stick to a couple of small plants on the terrace and focus on indoor... It's also not illegal if people can't see or smell it. UK is much easier actually to be fair on the outdoor scene even with the birds in the sky.. Not had one outdoor get stolen in the UK over many years..

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Day 7 since germination, now spending days outside and nights in the veg tent under t5.. Will be looking to transplant in around 2 to 4 days tops I guess.. The Blackberry started a little mutated, but seems to be alright now.

large.DSC01892.JPGlarge.DSC01893.JPG

I also sowed some other bits and bobs when I popped these:

large.DSC01895.JPG

They are basil, parsley, thyme, coriander and marigolds. Just adds a blanket of safety masking any potential smells - it's not a big deal though, more so for fun to be fair.. Should of been done a couple of months ago if was serious.. Could be beneficial for Julys run next haha :)

Cheers.

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

Day 10 - Had solid roots in the 0.5l pots so transplanted into their final 'auto flowering' pots of 19l with All mix and some compost.. They are loving it outside as it is around 25c atm during the day and they get about 6/7 hours of direct sunlight where they are at the moment, I am pulling them in still at night as temps are dropping to around 14c and it also allows for 24h light cycle whilst in vegetative state:

large.DSC01906.JPG

Probably update again in around a week or so.

2 people like this

Day 17 - had to pull them inside a few days under t5 due to a massive storm, but the last day or so it has been wonderful again so they're back outside. Still on balanced tap water for feeds.. the BioBizz All Mix is a bit hot out the bag I think, so I will just go with Light Mix for the next run in July I think.

large.DSC02062.JPG

large.DSC02058.JPG

large.DSC02060.JPG

I am undecided if I should do any forms of LST or not, I have only had problems with the XXL autos and height before, so tempted to let them go naturally as they have light hitting and bouncing around everywhere.. Any thoughts? :)

3 people like this

plants look spot on inthesystem 

26 minutes ago, TheGr33nMan said:

plants look spot on inthesystem 

Cheers mate, so far so good! I think a bird had a nibble on the Blackberry though as some leaf has been torn off... cheeky bugger lol

1 person likes this

Good choice with Fastbuds. You're going to love the Blackberry - some amazing purple colours to come and a really bushy auto. :yep:

1 person likes this

Just now, JJJ said:

Good choice with Fastbuds. You're going to love the Blackberry - some amazing purple colours to come and a really bushy auto. :yep:

Thanks for the info on the Blackberry mate - going in a bit blind with these, so it is nice to hear some positive feedback.

1 person likes this

This is what I mean, and this was grown indoors under fairly crappy lights.

medium.Purple.JPG.e3254be957cd715bc7ca03a6045c0c02.JPG

4 people like this

18 minutes ago, JJJ said:

This is what I mean, and this was grown indoors under fairly crappy lights.

medium.Purple.JPG.e3254be957cd715bc7ca03a6045c0c02.JPG

Nice... I see what you mean :fart:

Thanks for sharing the photo man, appreciate it... Now keen to smoke it! Let's see what some sun can do! I will say the Blackberry does seem to be going into flower already where as the other 2 haven't yet. Did you find the Blackberry transitioned quickly?

1 person likes this

Ha Ha, yes, very fast indeed.  Flowering started at around 3 weeks, stretched for another two and nice purple buds were forming nicely from the 5th week.  Might take slightly longer outdoors though.  Chopped at exactly 10 weeks.

medium.5c3cf508335fb_HarvestDayD.JPG.850a25dcd3063e3fe1930db638b92ccf.JPG

3 people like this