Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Serpent

TV Heads Up: Taskmaster Series 8 starts tonight

As per the title, Taskmaster Series 8 starts on Dave tonight at 9pm and the line up is Iain Stirling, Joe Thomas, Lou Sanders, Paul Sinha & Sian Gibson.

Been looking forward to this starting and if you haven't seen it, it's possibly one of the funniest programs ever to air on TV, a true stroke of genius :george:

7 people like this

Yessssss!!!! :D

One of the few shows I really enjoy! :D

2 people like this

I have heard of this program but never watched it, Il give it a go if its that good. Im suprised there is 8 series of it? Has it been going for 8 years like?

there should be a Taskmaster Section in the Olympics :yes: It would be a lot more interesting than some of that Sport stuff:yes:

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

there should be a Taskmaster Section in the Olympics :yes: It would be a lot more interesting than some of that Sport stuff:yes:

I reckon this about sums up why I have ignored the Olympics all these years! lol

39 minutes ago, iBMe said:

I have heard of this program but never watched it, Il give it a go if its that good. Im suprised there is 8 series of it? Has it been going for 8 years like?

It was a one-off Edinburgh fringe show around 10years ago - it went to TV around 4years ago... Its very silly and involves crippling humiliation!! lol

1 person likes this

Just now, Slugums said:

... Its very silly and involves crippling humiliation!! lol

especially if you are  Alex Horne

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

:yahoo:

The one show on telly that I can rely on to make me laugh :) Loved every series. It's always at the very least amusing and there's always one or two bits (and often many more) each episode that make me properly belly laugh. Sublime silliness :D

Edited by Boojum

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

especially if you are  Alex Horne

Shouldn't that be little Alex Horne lol

E2A He puts up with so much given that he devised and created the show, fair do's to him, good sport :)

Edited by Boojum

1 person likes this

Also I don't think it's just about humiliation, the funniest/best bits are often when someone comes up with a totally unexpected way of doing a task, kinda lateral thinking :) Fave moments include Bob Mortimer (who I already thought was a legend, and just cemented his legend status when he was on it) doing the task 'make as much mess as you can then clean it up in x minutes' and he just kept chucking stuff all over the place until the time was then just fucked off and left it "Ooops, I guess I've lost the task, you can clean it up." lol and Jon Richardson's sinister as fuck 3 Blind Mice :D

1 person likes this

Well I enjoyed that, suitably silly with a couple of belly laugh moments, that's good enough for me :)

lol And Joe Thomas is just so nice, will make it even funnier when at some point he loses the plot with either at task or Greg and goes all potty mouth lollollol

On 08/05/2019 at 6:34 PM, Boojum said:

Also I don't think it's just about humiliation, the funniest/best bits are often when someone comes up with a totally unexpected way of doing a task, kinda lateral thinking :) Fave moments include Bob Mortimer (who I already thought was a legend, and just cemented his legend status when he was on it) doing the task 'make as much mess as you can then clean it up in x minutes' and he just kept chucking stuff all over the place until the time was then just fucked off and left it "Ooops, I guess I've lost the task, you can clean it up." lol and Jon Richardson's sinister as fuck 3 Blind Mice :D

He should be on tv more

MrsJP and I have just discovered this - polished off S7, and are now back at S1 (last part tonight :) )

I think the fact that S1 and S7 are indistinguishable is a testament to a great format that simply just works.

It's also wonderful that what is essentially a compilation of parlour games can wow 21st century audiences .. (I read that they try to devise tasks that can be tried at home ...)

Suggests there's space for a reboot of "Give us a Clue" or the like.

Never seen this programe before this eving, but seen two now. Love it, really funny.