Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leng

thinking of switching to wilma

53 posts in this topic

if you decide to go with wilmas,use only 4 potters

in my opinion its the safest hydro system(if we can call it) if you use 60/40 mix or pure coco even if the pump fails you have 3 days to' save the day'

I bought a wilma 8 pot xl, looked at it for a yr before i even got the bits out of the box, when i did i didnt get it, 8x8lt pots on a 75cm x75cm base? Theres only a small gap between the pots, not much room for any side ways growth, 

Get one of these, your never look back.......

large.20190318_022210.jpg

Dj.....

13 hours ago, *DJ* said:

I bought a wilma 8 pot xl, looked at it for a yr before i even got the bits out of the box, when i did i didnt get it, 8x8lt pots on a 75cm x75cm base? Theres only a small gap between the pots, not much room for any side ways growth, 

Get one of these, your never look back.......

large.20190318_022210.jpg

Dj.....

whats that mate??

air pots on a dripper system??

can you explain mate

If your going to go Hydro go Hydro, no half measures. Soil is an excellent and arguably the best way to grow Cannabis. But if you find yourself curious or for a very particular reason needing Hydro just make the jump. 

13 hours ago, GreenVision said:

If your going to go Hydro go Hydro, no half measures. Soil is an excellent and arguably the best way to grow Cannabis. But if you find yourself curious or for a very particular reason needing Hydro just make the jump. 

done coco for a long time now. im just after a change

iv heard good things about these wilmas so it got me thinking

1 person likes this

On 5/6/2019 at 6:25 PM, leng said:

hi guys

long time non speak ehh lol  not been on here for a good while as iv been busy with work as other family stuff.

as alot of you may or may not know iv been doing my thing for quite some time now.

im a coco grower but thinking of switching to the dark side to a wilma system.

just wanting to know some more info about these set ups as iv just been hand watering for the past 9 year.

what nutes you guys on medium lights per system etc.

basically im wanting to know as much info as possible about it all as its all abit cloudy for me.

cant be that hard tho can it ??

anything to watch out for etc

big up to the mods on here especially owderb who produced me some og cheesexoldtimes beans which iv still got going. one fucking amazing strain my friend kudos to you

anyways ill be lurking about so ill catch up with you all soon enough

peace

sorry wasnt owderb who produced the beans it was @madgiz lol

22 hours ago, leng said:

whats that mate??

air pots on a dripper system??

can you explain mate

Its a rta  @leng its a run to waste dripper system, id never grow in anything else, i rhink its better than sliced bread lol 

DJ.......

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, *DJ* said:

Its a rta  @leng its a run to waste dripper system, id never grow in anything else, i rhink its better than sliced bread lol 

DJ.......

ill have a look at your diarys mate

Run to waste for the win, and good call with the top spin 12 if that’s what your using @*DJ*

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, OddNut said:

Run to waste for the win, and good call with the top spin 12 if that’s what your using @*DJ*

Tbh the rta is proper basic dripper system its the nutrimatic timer that does the bizz, il see if i can get a picture, i could imagian growing without one,

large.20190508_224832.jpg

DJ.....

19 hours ago, OddNut said:

I moved from 2 DWC grows to now doing dtw hempy buckets and I love them, they're incredibly simple. No pH swings to think about because the 2 inch res is replaced often. Can move the plants around, i'm currently using tomato cages ziptied to the top of my buckets. I've been thinking of making individual scrogs for each tomato cage, with a large square of that green garden mesh. 

Hiya man. If you want to try hydro I'd recommend these oxypots. They are only round 25 quid and come with everything except clay pebbles, nutes an seeds lol. Root it cubes to get them germed. 

Seed to weed in around 12 weeks. I've only done 3 runs but my best from one plant was 8 ozs. Normally average around 6.

I find them very easy to look after, keep the feeds low and pH in range. large.IMG_1375.jpg

large.IMG_0472.jpg

5 people like this

@DirtBox your spot on man. If the ec is falling. Give em a bit more nutes. If it rises when the water level falls, too much nutes. Knock it back with plain water. Simples. Ive also never been over 1.4. Just silicone, grow, bloom and calmag.

Water changes are a doddle too unless your using a scrog. I've a spare bucket. Just lift off the lid and set the plant into the spare. Flush the old nutes down the bog. Fill up with fresh nutes and return the plant. 

:bong:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Padawan said:

Hiya man. If you want to try hydro I'd recommend these oxypots. They are only round 25 quid and come with everything except clay pebbles, nutes an seeds lol. Root it cubes to get them germed. 

Seed to weed in around 12 weeks. I've only done 3 runs but my best from one plant was 8 ozs. Normally average around 6.

I find them very easy to look after, keep the feeds low and pH in range. large.IMG_1375.jpg

large.IMG_0472.jpg

they look really good mate

ill look into them

what strain is it your on ??

how long you veg for??

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DirtBox said:

Pretty much the same as my setup. 

I can move them around, plus having individual units means if I get the dreaded bud rot it only happens to one plant. 

I'm also constantly confused with the argument of "wild fluctuations in PH'

This really shouldn't be happening if you have a handle on your EC and how much your plants are drinking. 

I keep a specific nute schedule from grow to grow and it rarely differs. EC around 1.2-1.4 in hydro will pretty much guarantee no massive swing in PH. 

must be something to do with the water  

i used to check my ph all the time when i 1st started out.

about 2 year later i fucked it off because it was always stable and i must of gone through about 3 ph pens

1 person likes this