Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

phenom

Help needed

21 posts in this topic

Just. Brought this light but does not come with much information of what brightness i start the seeds on i can have mono red light mono blue light of red and blue light together and starts from 20% brightness to 100% but I do not know what brightness to start with or when to change it any helplarge.IMG_20190506_161847_hdr.jpg appreciated

Looking at how many LED's you can likely fit on those strips, and the fact your saying its blue and red in there too, I'd go all blue at 50% until they're up and stable, then if they dont look bad I'd go all in Blue until you put them under they're permanent fixture. 

Keep the LED's high, don't go close like you would with a T5 of CFL.

2 people like this

You can get light meter phone apps, and actual meters don't cost much. When you think about it, is it not strange that we don't all have one?

5 people like this

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

You can get light meter phone apps, and actual meters don't cost much. When you think about it, is it not strange that we don't all have one?

Strange you say that, I was only saying it on a different topic maybe last week.

I think the shift towards LED lighting for growing Cannabis has pushed them into the spotlight.

1 person likes this

Alright there @phenom

Best to start it off on lower power, until they get established, I would probably keep it raised to start off with and lower to find the sweet spot, too low they will probably bleach out, too high and they will go a bit leggy, just right and the plant will pray to the light.

Have you got any more info on the led? 

It does look a bit wanky, probably be great for seedlings, might struggle when the plants are bigger,

Anyway good to see you cracking some beans,

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

1 person likes this

@Jibba jabba how are you the light is a WAKYME make w2y i got it because my last lot of seeds got "damping off" so i brought the light just to give them a boost but the instructions are worse than useless it does NOT say anything what setting to start with/ how much power/ or what light weather just red or just blue or both so i started them on both red and blue light but put the brightness at 20% but once started will but them in fabric pots outside but it is all guess work for me looking for as much info as possible   

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am not too bad mate cheers,

I would probably put it on the blue for the veg, I am pretty sure the red is preferred in the flowing, but a bit of both shouldn’t do no harm, just keep a close eye on them over the next few days,

Jj :yinyang:

Edited by Jibba jabba
1 person likes this

@GreenVision @Sasquatch @Jibba jabba thank you all for your help this is my third attempt this year and i am really getting pis/ed off now this is my only source and with nothing happening i am really feel like i am :wallbash:hopefully once they have started they will go outside i have everything else ready just need them to start to grow lol 

2 people like this

In the pic above @phenom your seeds are in a tray on a table, is that where they live, 

Tbh you don’t need a light to get them up, 

Get your self one of them large storage boxes with a lid, bang them in there and it will give them a much more consistent environment, put it in a dark warm but not too hot place, come back in a couple of days bingo.

Germination can be difficult at times I have killed enough seeds trying, but you will get there, your probably over doing it and the interference is disturbing them, but even that is probably me thinking about it too much.

Look forward to seeing your nibblers up mate, Take it easy Jj:skin_up: 

1 person likes this

@phenom No worries bud, no chance of even a little auto grow indoors?

i did have the last two in propagators to start them off i put my seeds on some tissue wet not damp inside two plates in a cupboard wetting if needed after two days they have come out of the seed then into the propagator then outside for a little while but they got "damping off" so i decided to get a grow lamp to start these ones of cannot keep buying seeds if they start to come through i will put them in here large.IMG_20190501_141218_hdr.jpg 

Has that thing got any vents? They can be lethally hot on a warm day without them.

2 people like this

it has a door in the front but no vents next door has a cat and when i tried my first grow this year i had my tray on the table but the cat jumped for a bird missed it and hit the table nearly sending the tray flying so got the pvc greenhouse so it would be safer but then the seeds died then had the second lot in there but then got damping off i am in a wheelchair so cannot always get outside quickly this is why i got the lamp just to start them off 

1 person likes this

I've had mine on window sill in a central heated environment for over a month now.

keep doing what your doing. It's hard to tell how far the lights are. Except the over watering or damping off.

Are the seedlings above ground yet? 

what kinda wattage are the lights.

Can you give them more light? Nearer the window. Can't beat a bit of sunlight. Just watch the temps if the sill gets cold.

if it does move them to a warmer spot come night.

Obviously only if practical. 

I wouldn't plant out yet, our nights are still too cold. 

When you do eventually put em in the green house you can partially open the door. Worry about that later.

Sod's law says you can't be unlucky all the time.:fart:

1 person likes this

Consult the sellers info for the light specs I'm fairly certain they have to give a certain amount of info.