Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ranec

Ranec's 1st grow - reaching Critical Mass (CBD)

40 posts in this topic

Flower   Week 4

Despite my best intentions my girl is coming along beautifully, the smell when opening the tent up just seems to get stronger and stronger every day.

Nutes this week are 10ml calmag, 10mp Silver Bullets and 5ml liquid silicon with 10ml of grow and 70ml of bloom in 20 litres of tap water, adjusted down to pH 5.7ish. Res temps are still in the mid-20s but I'm thinking that if I can grow through this then I'm doing something right at least :g::skin_up:

Pic below shows most of the canopy, in the middle of which was a leader I had to supercrop twice to prevent it shooting for the stars.

large.IMG_20190726_075109_20190726202819145_20190726203526384.jpg

5 people like this

large.IMG_20190731_201033_20190731223137308.jpg

Week 5 of Flower

After lowering the lights to about 6" above the canopy last week things are getting decidedly fat and frosty in the flower tent - the buds are starting to pack on weight and trichomes are pumping out the good stuff. Feed has stayed the same although this week has seen a few of the larger sun leaves start to yellow somewhat which I'm guessing is due to my girl being a bit hungry for Nitrogen so I'll keep an eye on her and adjust feed levels next week if necessary. Air and Res temps are all stable if a little higher than ideal. Picture above is of a side shoot that decided to make a break for it in the far corner - the top of this bud is now only inches away from the lights and seemingly loving it.

Thanks for popping by, take it easy and happy growing folks:skin_up:

6 people like this

large.IMG_20190810_214015_20190810225844621.jpg

Whilst the majority of buds are looking healthy and frosting up well plant health overall seems to have dipped a little, so I'm thinking I might flush her for 24hrs before I ramp the food up an extra 25 / 33% or so as I'm probably gonna run this a week or two longer than originally planned 

large.5d4f418a79c26_IMG_20190810_2145492.jpg

Tbh I'm a bit miffed about having to push back chop day as in a sad sort of way I'm looking forward to getting everything into jars then washing the place down before tinkering with the setup before my next run :skin_up:

3 people like this

Can I ask why so much calmag and veg nutes in with the bloom nutes, im a little puzzled.

Toke...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My EC fresh from the tap is 0.0 so the 10ml calmag in 20 litres brings it up to 0.3, the calmag also has extra N . The genetics suggested this strain may be a little hungrier for N than others so I thought that the calmag and grow nutes should help, but I'm now thinking it's a more general underfeeding and I should try upping the feed

Edited by Ranec
Spellingz
1 person likes this

On 11/08/2019 at 0:07 AM, Ranec said:

My EC fresh from the tap is 0.0 so the 10ml calmag in 20 litres brings it up to 0.3, the calmag also has extra N . The genetics suggested this strain may be a little hungrier for N than others so I thought that the calmag and grow nutes should help, but I'm now thinking it's a more general underfeeding and I should try upping the feed

I'm going to say it's more of a "General" underfeeding mate. Not specific to Nitrogen or Calcium  ;)

I would knock of the vegative feed and increase bloom mate :yep:

By the look of things you look set for a 60 maybe 63 day finish. Do you think longer my friend? 

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

1 person likes this

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark , I'm thinking I might flush my girl for 24h next res change to wash out some of the salts before swapping in a fresh mix (more bloom, no veg) 

Chop day is provisionally pencilled in for day 63 but we'll see how it goes :skin_up:

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Ranec said:

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark , I'm thinking I might flush my girl for 24h next res change to wash out some of the salts before swapping in a fresh mix (more bloom, no veg) 

Chop day is provisionally pencilled in for day 63 but we'll see how it goes :skin_up:

Sounds like a solid plan buddy :yep:

Back from vacation just in time  ;)

Mark..

1 person likes this

large.IMG_20190817_205224_20190817213519038.jpg

After a 24hr flush through with tap water my girls got a fresh mix consisting of 20 litres of water with 10ml of calmag, 100ml of bloom and 10ml of silver bullets. Buds are still popping away merrily so we'll see how she fares with some extra food.

4 people like this

@Ranec sounds like things will get back on track for you now. I would imagine over the next few weeks they will fatten up for you.

Toke...

2 people like this

Thanks @tokenroll, it's been a bit of a rough ride with pretty much every imaginable variable swinging wildly all over the place but my girl has struggled on beautifully and I've learnt a lot from her, this is definitely a strain I'd recommend for beginners :skin_up:

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Ranec said:

this is definitely a strain I'd recommend for beginners :skin_up:

Great information to know mate :yep:

You've battled through the hard conditions, back on track and all being well we will see some weight going on in the coming day's  :yep:

Not looking to bad at all :)

Mark..

1 person likes this

large.IMG_20190823_203927.jpg

Final res change done - between the pH and EC swings, temp changes and possibly some bleaching higher up from running the LEDs too close my baby is storming home covered in sticky buds (even if the vast majority of leaves look like shit lol)

A cheeky test bud speed dried above the lights gave a relaxed yet functional high with hints of lemon and pine hiding behind the harshness - with a decent dry and cure I'm thinking this could be the daytime smoke I've been looking for :skin_up:

2 people like this

On 25/08/2019 at 2:24 PM, Ranec said:

with a decent dry and cure I'm thinking this could be the daytime smoke I've been looking for :skin_up:

I agree mate. She's a really well balanced strain. Not to strong, a decent CBD content and quite a flavourful lady ;)

Your edging closer to harvest each update buddy  ;)

Another 10 days at the most and it's chop time  :yep:

Mark..

1 person likes this

Thanks Mark - I'm planning to chop end of next week, she's looking good for a fair amount of prime bud but I'm also pretty excited about the scraps, there should be a shit-ton of quality trim for the freezer as she's really well coated with trichomes so I'm looking forward to some quality hash at some point too :skin_up:

1 person likes this