Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punxneverdead

Dimlux 315cmh

Hey, so I purchased a dimlux 315cmh and it has been great until a while back it just died mid flower first grow on some autos. I messaged the company I got it from and sent it back as it was still in warranty and got the postage paid. They sent it back to me repaired and it was the ballast that had died. All was working fine until tonight I checked on my kids and it seems it is gonna do the same again. It’s not emitting the same amount of light as yesterday and has a strange hot plastic smell coming when you get really close to it and take a sniff. Has anyone else suffered similar problems? 

im afraid to say the dimlux ballasts are not pukka 315w ballasts .

yeah they run the lamp (if it dont blow them or themselves by the sound of it).

you need to get your money back or change to a low frequency square wave ballast that is designed to run the 315w lamp/bulb.

6 people like this

Not pukka at all and well over priced 

3 people like this

Yh would seem the CMH aren't the best out there, I have the 1000w de HPS that have NEVER given me any troubles in 2 years, but when I looked into the Dimlux CMH just to have a a matching brand I did see one or two reviews etc about them not being as reliable as some of the other options out there for CMH.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Kickstand said:

Not pukka at all and well over priced 

they do look nice though .............

3 people like this

the hps ballasts are fine its just their cmh ballasts are the wrong wave length for cmh  :headpain:

allegedly dimlux knew about the fuck up for a wee while before folk put 2+2 together,

the ballast doesnt like philips cmh lamps very much so dimlux released a modified lamp & they were blowing too  lol

as for their reflectors, the alpha 98 is a cracker, so much so that I bought two.  :yep:

Edited by Joint hogger
2 people like this

Cheers for getting back to us on this one guys. Bulb went on it today so have to use my back up 600w but am in a small space so will have to keep it on about 400w. Hopefully they will refund me but I doubt that will be the case. Was having great results with it but can’t be doing with this hassle. Both times mid grow! What is a good light to replace it with has I feel this is going to be the route I am gonna have to go down. Would deffo go with another cmh but it would have to be a low frequency one. As those lamps cost £120 a pop and should have 22000 hours think mine haas done about 500. Or other option is led I guess. Anyway cheers everyone!

@Punxneverdead check out the cmh fine and dandy thread gets a bit repetitive but alot of info in there. Maxibright is a goodun :yep:

2 people like this

Cheers mate!