Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenVision

New Setup for My RDWC.

16 posts in this topic

Hi all, thought I would showcase how I have fit my RDWC in the new tent.

I needed a new one and a few months back noticed BudBox Pro had made there inlet manifold "Hole" larger on the newer tents. After several phone calls and a very helpful growshop chap I decided they would actually be large enough for my RDWC Pro system. The pipework is 4" pipe similar to guttering so it was a bit of a gamble but late last week I finally had a clear enough tent to set it all up.

large.c.jpg.f55218f8c38060f47c4be687fc2d

The header pot (below) is tight, but it worked. It sits outside the grow tent meaning not only is ALL the grow tent just grow pots, I dont have to go into the tent to do my water changes. Meaning I don't need to disturb the light cycle with green headlamps in the warmer months.

large.e.jpg.7b562ccfeeed366d5dad990b4ce2

So the manifold comes of the header and through the purpose made hole already there.....

And then it splits to the first two grow pots inside the tent.

large.a.jpg.721c019a90f45e3fd3002234aaba

large.b.jpg.ff34e4cd284e9f6a8c9c7df261e7

So atm I am waiting on some seeds and clones to decide which goes in. I have my own Dark Glue (GG4 BX3) X (DiscoBiscuit BX3 X DiscoBiscuit) clones in the Aero' Prop' and some of @panik 's Zkittzo in soak. I'm leaning towards the clones going in because although the Zkittzo are all one strain they are from seed and may require some different levels of feeding whereas the clones should be more similar in terms of EC needs. But I will take a punt if the Zkittzo look ready enough before the clones root out enough. Flip of the coin right now.

large.d.jpg.56fddcf438e71a3d302033833d38

I have some major changes going on in here over the next couple of weeks. I have a new CarboAir Filter going in which I already have. Its one of the CarboAir 100's so only 660mm in length and should fit nicely down the centre of the tent rather than central along the back. Got some rigid ducting for fan and filter connection as well.

I also hope to have some new lighting going in. I've decided its time to go to LED and out the HID monsters, so fingers crossed @diyleduk can make me something nice, dude I will be in touch soon, just figuring this all out then I will drop u a PM etc.

I also have a 2000L a day RO System ready to go in, I'm working on the logistics of this during this week but my plan is to have a collapsible 300L water butt I found on the net for £30 in the room and have the RO system attached to wall above it. Then the day I need to do a water change I switch it on first thing and by about 2PM it should have given me the 270L of filtered water I need, something I will have to measure and mark on the water butt during the week. Still working out how I get the waste back to the bathroom safely but I think I have a rough plan. Should then just be a case of mixing the nutrients etc to the correct EC and leave it for a night to settle before adjusting PH if needed and then empty old and add clean fresh.... I think... :unsure:

Need to Get a SCROG net in here and I have been looking at those elasticated ones that clip to the tent poles. If anyone uses them and reads this and dont mind dropping a little opinion on how they do I'd be really grateful as I'm on the fence with them from what I see pics of online.

Well cheers for reading though if yo managed it. Will do another topic when its all done, hopefully lol 

Take it easy all.

GV.

9 people like this

nice looking set up. I used to have an alien pro55 system and it worked well.

I suppose the easiest way to get the waste to the bathroom is to pump it.

as for scrogs, I don't like the elasticated jobs, they just swell up in the middle. better off with a rigid grid framework that wont move, makes it much easier to maintain a level canopy imho.

5 people like this

Hi @GreenVision. Can I ask what's your current fan in the pic, please?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, SensiMille said:

Hi @GreenVision. Can I ask what's your current fan in the pic, please?

S&P td silent. 8 inch higher flow. not the greatest but still runnging strong and quiet.

Edited by GreenVision

Wow, that room looks super professional, make me realise how much of a dump mine is.

How noise is the alien when running? 

I picked up a secondhand 24 pot version ( smaller pots, same large pipe ) off Ebay for buttons, I was going to split it into a smaller version, but then sold it on due to needing a system that can be left for 3 or so days un manned...  DWC seemed a bit beyond me as a novice. 

8 hours ago, Hesketh said:

Wow, that room looks super professional, make me realise how much of a dump mine is.

How noise is the alien when running? 

I picked up a secondhand 24 pot version ( smaller pots, same large pipe ) off Ebay for buttons, I was going to split it into a smaller version, but then sold it on due to needing a system that can be left for 3 or so days un manned...  DWC seemed a bit beyond me as a novice. 

Because of the Hi-blow Air Pump that comes with this system its as quiet as a graveyard at night, no sound at all really. Not a chance you would hear it over the extraction system anyway. 

Unlike NFT for example the only pump that touched the system physically is in the header pot, and as its quite a small tub compared to NFT tanks and its volume is almost full of water the noise doesn't resonate etc, no vibrations. I had a nightmare with NFT making a humming noise, but none so far with this.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, badbillybob said:

easiest way to get the waste to the bathroom is to pump it

Hi mate, its the waste from the RO system. It comes with smaller hoses, I think I can get some fittings to turn the out waste hose into a normal garden hose and just run it to the bathroom when the RO system is running. Buying that smaller fancy rigid hose is 5X the price of normal garden hose. 

Cheers for the tip[ on the SCROG, thats pretty much exactly what concerned me, being elastic on the edges it did look like it wouldn't keep a straight perimeter, and I need this in here as the pots do sit quite close to the outer tent, not ideal but it was this or go next size up with tent which wasn't an option. 

1 person likes this

if you can get 2 inch square (hole size)  stuff for your scrog , I used to nail it to a 2 by 1 timber, and make support legs, but I saw one genius idea before where some dude had used 2 by 1, or 3 by 2 or something like that timber  framework and drilled holes slightly larger than the tent pole diamaters, he then slid the whole frame over the poles, and used a couple of zip ties and an upright  to stop it dropping.

It also had the advantage that it helps to keep the sides of the tent out a bit where they would normally be sucked in with the negative pressure. might help with your pots being close to the sides of the tent?

2 people like this

@badbillybob I had considered 20mm PVC pipe on the outside of the tent poles in a similar fashion. Only thing I'm concerned about is if it will be tight enough to hold the netting pulled over that distance. 1.5m is a lot to ask without using rigid caging.

1 person likes this

I think its gonna bend over 1.2 metres mate, honestly.

timber is probably cheaper too. this was what I used before. I was kinda limited because the grids I er, acquired were only a metre, but the hole size was perfect. you can see one of the upright supports in a piclarge_aa.jpglarge_a1.jpg

I think the "timber with pole holes would be the best bet, personally. cable clips are handy for holding the mesh to the framework

2 people like this

large.2.jpg

this is the latest set up, runs full length of the groom, but its a pita to get to the back of the grid,. might help, the 2x1 was pretty cheap

1 person likes this

Make your frame up with the tubling using elbows for the corners drill holes in the 90 elbows and cable tag them to your poles, smooth rounded corners wont wreck your tent when under negative pressure and run extra supports across the widest sections, use tee fittings for that. 

Toke...

3 people like this

1 hour ago, tokenroll said:

Make your frame up with the tubling using elbows for the corners drill holes in the 90 elbows and cable tag them to your poles, smooth rounded corners wont wreck your tent when under negative pressure and run extra supports across the widest sections, use tee fittings for that. 

Toke...

Pretty much how i had it going on in my brain mate. i was thinking coming across the width of the tent in 3 locations and yh use t pieces to come down to the floor as support.

I'll get it in one way or another hopefully.

1 person likes this

@GreenVision that will work well and easy to take down if needed for storage etc, it would be shit to rip a hole in a tent with sharp edges. Be nice to see you up and going again it's been a while.

Toke...

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@GreenVision that will work well and easy to take down if needed for storage etc, it would be shit to rip a hole in a tent with sharp edges. Be nice to see you up and going again it's been a while.

Toke...

Yes it has mate. Been sitting on this system for about 16 months now, maybe longer come to think of it. 

All the while i've been putting the odd bit away in the savaings account for the new light setup. Once all said and done i think its taken 2 and half years to finally get my grow room as i want it. Quantum Boards over RDWC scrog.

So close lol

1 person likes this