Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lewg91

Highest yielding systems

27 posts in this topic

Just a quick one this has more than likely been asked several time in the past but just wanting people’s opinions on the matter. 

Lets say environment is near perfect wich system gives the best results yield wise eg Autopots, flood and drain, DWC, RDWC, NFT, and so on. 

I have only ever hand fed in coco and I’m looking at getting a system of some sort in the next few weeks. Hope for some good replies guys. 

DWC has the roots constantly in the nute solution giving plants whatever they want whenever they want it, for this reason my guesstimate would be this one producing the best.

But then I grow dwc and am ever so slightly biased...and well satisfied with my yields...:yep:

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, stu914 said:

DWC has the roots constantly in the nute solution giving plants whatever they want whenever they want it, for this reason my guesstimate would be this one producing the best.

But then I grow dwc and am ever so slightly biased...and well satisfied with my yields...:yep:

This is the system I have been looking into more recently if I’m honest. What’s the ease of use? Much maintenance? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

RDWC will grow the fastest and potentially yield the most with far less plants.. EBB & flow I have seen impressive results off with and also NFT - but you are talking with quantity of plants. I would say DWC is the cheapest and easiest system to achieve the high yields... Coco coir and hand waterings can pull as much though with fast veg and low plant numbers... I play around with all methods and I would say it was preference to you, have a play there is no right or wrong :) 

Edited by InTheSystem
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

RDWC will grow the fastest and potentially yield the most with far less plants.. EBB & flow I have seen impressive results off with and also NFT - but you are talking with quantity of plants. I would say DWC is the cheapest and easiest system to achieve the high yields... Coco coir and hand waterings can pull as much though with fast veg and low plant numbers... I play around with all methods and I would say it was preference to you, have a play there is no right or wrong :) 

Thanks pal. Been looking at Autopots aswell for now to give them a try seem really easy to use may give them a go then get a rdwc system 

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Lewg91 said:

What’s the ease of use? Much maintenance?

Probably one of the easiest but also the most unforgiving...one small mistake and the whole lot can go tits up very quickly.

I use sensi nutes which takes out having to adjust the ph, lower strength feed than you would expect, plenty of air through the solution, temps within a degree of 20c.

Change res every 7 - 10 days (or before if there's a problem - this usually solves most issues)

Daily ec checks and top up if necessary, then it's just a case of watching the grass grow....

Plants need to be well rooted before going into dwc, lots and lots of air bubbles running through the nutes, (mine looks like a boiling cauldron.)

Keep a tight rein on the temps (might need a chiller in summer, heater in winter)

Don't forget this is the only system where roots are constantly in the solution from the start...(some of the others end up there, whether they're meant to or not...)

There's a really good pinned thread 'brummie bubblers' in the hydro section, well worth a read...

Tag me any questions bud

good luck with your choice

:oldtoker:

7 people like this

15 minutes ago, Lewg91 said:

Thanks pal. Been looking at Autopots aswell for now to give them a try seem really easy to use may give them a go then get a rdwc system 

RDWC is more aerated and you can attach chillers and add nutrients to an epi center.. Other than that they are pretty similar, so would be an easy transition if you get DWC under your belt first :) 

14 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Probably one of the easiest but also the most unforgiving...one small mistake and the whole lot can go tits up very quickly.

That is probably the best way to describe it lol 

2 people like this

Coco rtw multiple feeds and 1000w lamps are as good as anything.

plants go absolutely mental in coco with multiple feed just treat the coco like a rockwool cube and you get the hydro like growth, treat it like soil and you get soil like growth

1 person likes this

cant go wrong with autopots and 60/40coco imo, very forgiving can leave it for weeks and easy 4oz per plant

1 person likes this

On 4/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, stu914 said:

I use sensi nutes which takes out having to adjust the ph, lower strength feed than you would expect, plenty of air through the solution, temps within a degree of 20c.

Change res every 7 - 10 days (or before if there's a problem - this usually solves most issues)

Daily ec checks and top up if necessary, then it's just a case of watching the grass grow....

Plants need to be well rooted before going into dwc, lots and lots of air bubbles running through the nutes, (mine looks like a boiling cauldron.)

Keep a tight rein on the temps (might need a chiller in summer, heater in winter)

Don't forget this is the only system where roots are constantly in the solution from the start...(some of the others end up there, whether they're meant to or not...)

There's a really good pinned thread 'brummie bubblers' in the hydro section, well worth a read...

Tag me any questions bud

good luck with your choice

:oldtoker:

Stu

Do you just top up with water in between res changes?

1 person likes this

I want to say aeroponics because it's supposed to be next level from dwc...but I know nothing of aeroponics lol

5 minutes ago, Jellylegend said:

Stu

Do you just top up with water in between res changes?

That's usually all it needs bud...:yep:

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, stu914 said:

That's usually all it needs bud...:yep:

Cheers ma man

1 person likes this

The best yields ive seen have been with diy rdwc, properly dialled in you can grow a tree

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

im biased, but id say minelarge_12.jpg

Altho I did once grow a 26odd ounce plant in a 40 litre bubbler, with 2 airstones and a cheapish airpump

here she is/was the rest of it is in the other half of the tent. large.med_gallery_87390_10292_95784.jpg

Edited by badbillybob
11 people like this