Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Redrum3

Greenhouse Autos 2019

73 posts in this topic

Howdy hi campers! 

So bubba kush is fully down, the first buds I got off are dry (some were sun dried) and been curing in a jar, Ive also been smoking it at the weekends. 

Now for me, I just have a bit in a bong, and that does me for a good 5 to 6 hours. I have tingly hands and feet to start and then my head feels like a marshmallow, eyes go that... oriental way :)

And I just want to eat and then fall asleep lol. 

Its like drinking a bottle of wine (or two) without the hangover. 

I ate half a watermelon to myself yesterday! 

All this growing cannabis and trying to hide the smell... what about hiding the stink from smoking the stuff!!???

My partner had a go before me yesterday and it was the first time I smelt it, Ive found I cant really smell it properly once I've smoked it. 

Now for more greenhouse pictures! 

So below is my monster quick kush...

large.20190831_172730-907x1612.jpg

Its taller than me! Im 5ft 7!!

Ive already topped the main stem a few weeks ago which I think has helped the other branches to catch up. There are a couple of pale leaves down the bottom, Ive cut a few out.

Continue feeding, started using cal mag, also bio bloom.  I imagine there's little nutrient wise left in the soil its in, its quite a small pot for the size of it now. 

And its starting to flower!!!

large.20190831_173040-907x1612.jpglarge.20190831_173057-907x1612.jpg

This lovely looking plant below is the clone of quick kush, its been topped which has resulted in the two main stems you can see.

large.20190831_172535-907x1612.jpg

It too has started to flower, although its a little behind its mother.

I still have the other clone, but its still in a little 1l pot so its still a little nipper. 

I think Ive got enough without it.

Peace out

:bong:

Red

Edited by Redrum3
8 people like this

Hi troops! 

Soo... apologies for being a lazy cow, not posted for a few weeks, I went on holiday for a week, was the last of the summer sun in Devon, was fantastic. Actually took a mini bong with me and had some on the beach!  Bliss! 

Now before I left I done my best to feed the plants well to tide them over, especially the original quick kush. 

The following pictures are what I came back to.... 

large.20190925_182214-907x1612.jpglarge.20190925_182439-907x1612.jpglarge.20190925_182510-907x1612.jpglarge.20190925_182526-907x1612.jpg

My first reaction...

*roll eyes* "aawwww ffs, look at it! "

I cut back all the dead leaves, I even decided to chop a branch off. Ive saved the top bud which is now hung up drying in a cupboard. 

For the mouldy bits, I tried lemon juice on a bit kitchen roll to wipe it off, thinking the low pH would stop it but the mould came back. 

Now this quick kush was my first ever germinated seed and bless its gorgeous buds, its put up with alot of experimental newbie stuff.  With that in mind I decided to use something a little stronger to help with the mould...   Milton sterilisation liquid !

Obviously diluted and wiped on with kitchen towel to the affected areas. 

And its worked a treat....  so far.

I suppose its damaged the branch a little, but it was already with mould so, Id rather the non mould version. 

I was brave enough to do this because the clone from this plant is doing great and is nearly as high.... 

large.20190925_182225-907x1612.jpglarge.20190925_182246-907x1612.jpg

And below is the second clone taken at the same time, but as you may remember I thought it didnt take, and left it to die... its still in the same pot. 

large.20190925_182232-907x1612.jpg

I could do with taking more pics to show you as these are from last week, 

They're all a little taller and buds are nice n thick.  Im sure quick kush is near 6ft. 

Im still on mould alert, checking the buds for any signs, pinching out any suspect areas. Wiping condensation in the greenhouse.  Door open during the day, moving the plants around so they get a fair look at the sun if it ever gets through the cloud! 

The solar fan still works a little when its cloudy, not alot tho.

Im trying to water and feed enough to keep them going without excess run off. 

Wont be long now, maybe 2 weeks... 

7 people like this

Hey hey! 

Quick kush is down, done it in stages, and half the stems are dry and the other half are hanging up in my bedroom, safest place for them.  I think I got a good 60-70%  yield, damn mould. 

Actually what happened was i put the second batch in the livingroom, forgot to move it and went away for the weekend and it stank to high heaven! Bloody idiot that I am.  Neighbours asked the other half if he smoked weed coz they could smell it.   

No wonder. 

Cue story about back pain and it being the only thing that helps sleep - both partly true. 

Im surprised its taken this long for them to cotton on.  We're still smoking bubba kush auto,  been smoking it every weekend now.

We smoke it in the bedroom - no kinky reason, just its the furthest room away from the neighbours and I bought an air filter thing that helps with the smell. And an ona block.

So, two down one (and 1/2) to go... 

large.20191020_160236-567x1008.jpglarge.20191020_160146-567x1008.jpg

So this is my quick kush clone, I think this is the closest Ive got to harvesting buds that are properly ready, and not for the sake of bud survival.

The buds are more dense than the mother, and Im guessing the difference is the soil.

No sign of mould...    yet!!!!

There is a change of leaf colour though...

large.20191020_160342-567x1008.jpglarge.20191020_160121-567x1008.jpg

Probably a sign of cold? 

Looks pretty though. 

Any signs of anything dodgy Im chopping it down, its too nice to let it go to waste. 

7 months in the making. 

I think it'll be just Auto's for me next year!! Hahaa

7 people like this

7 hours ago, Redrum3 said:

Hey hey! 

Quick kush is down, done it in stages, and half the stems are dry and the other half are hanging up in my bedroom, safest place for them.  I think I got a good 60-70%  yield, damn mould. 

Actually what happened was i put the second batch in the livingroom, forgot to move it and went away for the weekend and it stank to high heaven! Bloody idiot that I am.  Neighbours asked the other half if he smoked weed coz they could smell it.   

No wonder. 

Cue story about back pain and it being the only thing that helps sleep - both partly true. 

Im surprised its taken this long for them to cotton on.  We're still smoking bubba kush auto,  been smoking it every weekend now.

We smoke it in the bedroom - no kinky reason, just its the furthest room away from the neighbours and I bought an air filter thing that helps with the smell. And an ona block.

So, two down one (and 1/2) to go... 

large.20191020_160236-567x1008.jpglarge.20191020_160146-567x1008.jpg

So this is my quick kush clone, I think this is the closest Ive got to harvesting buds that are properly ready, and not for the sake of bud survival.

The buds are more dense than the mother, and Im guessing the difference is the soil.

No sign of mould...    yet!!!!

There is a change of leaf colour though...

large.20191020_160342-567x1008.jpglarge.20191020_160121-567x1008.jpg

Probably a sign of cold? 

Looks pretty though. 

Any signs of anything dodgy Im chopping it down, its too nice to let it go to waste. 

7 months in the making. 

I think it'll be just Auto's for me next year!! Hahaa

Aye 7 month hard work and worry.autos all the way for me next year.

1 person likes this

Aye, me tae @blackbob

I germinated the quick kush 5 weeks prior to the bubba kush auto, and its now 7weeks since Ive had dry bud from the bubba, and Im still going with this clone. 

Obviously, my choice to clone it. I suppose the fair thing would be not to count the clone time, as its a clone. The mother is still drying tho, not able to smoke it just yet.

So quite a big difference in time. Of course its a bit like comparing apples and oranges, quick kush is a photoperiod, so of course its going to take longer, its my fault for buying it. 

I was pre-occupied by the quick part to notice it wasnt an auto. I saw it was crossed with an auto somewhere I think. 

Also I liked the relatively small size of the bubba kush auto, got to about 3-4 ft  easy to move about, discreet in the greenhouse. Nice for me. Smokes good. The amount we smoke, Id say we have enough to last 6 or 7 months. (Unless we have a very Merry Christmas)

So for my needs that suits me great. 

Quick kush in the end was taller than me, I suppose if I was really concerned I could've just cut the tops off... but they're often the best buds. Plus I did top it at one point in veg.

The size just increases the chance of getting caught, which is a big negative. 

(The irony being my neighbours know now due to me being a div, not the plant itself.)  Im not sure they know its home made, or bought in. 

Anyhoo,  Im interested to try the quick kush, but Im for sure sticking to autos in the long run. 

Ive still got a couple of bubba kush auto seeds somewhere. 

Tempted to try something different to broaden the flavours.

Any suggestions?

1 person likes this

I see this all the time. Your grow is great and well documented by the way and you have done a lot of research. 1 bit off advice do not ever remove a leaf from a outdoor plant or greenhouse. The scab is the reason you now have mould. 

Now here is a little help you can't really get rid off mould many have tried. Use ground egg shells, cover level with white vinegar and leave 24hr. Strain the liquid and add green soap. Apply over the mould and repeat as needed. 

I am not good at explaining things over the internet but hope this help to get your plant finished without the mould spreading any further. 

Edited by brock1
2 people like this

Thanks for the tips!  @brock1

I think Im going to cut down the clone tomorrow, its just too cold now, and its buds are frosty enough for me. 

Ive sorted out the dry buds of the mother quick kush,  came to 38g. All safe in a jar. I guess thats not too bad for a newbie greenhouse grow? 

Still got sticky fingers. 

3 people like this

On 26/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, Redrum3 said:

Thanks for the tips!  @brock1

I think Im going to cut down the clone tomorrow, its just too cold now, and its buds are frosty enough for me. 

Ive sorted out the dry buds of the mother quick kush,  came to 38g. All safe in a jar. I guess thats not too bad for a newbie greenhouse grow? 

Still got sticky fingers. 

Not bad at all. I like the sticky finger but the low yield pheno was the best imo. I crossed it with  reversed SHD to try next year. To be honest I flowered the GG#4 clone outdoor a few year back and that was nice. I like a auto but a semi auto will always beat them everytime from my experience with them. Funny how I say that yet grow auto but you can't have 1 without the other. 

I remember when I first started growing auto. You would be called out a lowlife for promoting a runt to people. How thing's change with time. Now you have people in hot countries wanting to grow these runts. Next I think commercial growers will start breeding good breed semi auto's and the real jewel will shine the eye's off outdoor growers. :bong:

Edited by brock1
1 person likes this

@brock1  I guess it depends on why you're growing. Auto's arent gonna give much profits compared to some photo beasts,  so I can see why some might dis the auto strains. 

Im not in it for any profit, so any yield for me is a bonus. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Redrum3 said:

@brock1  I guess it depends on why you're growing. Auto's arent gonna give much profits compared to some photo beasts,  so I can see why some might dis the auto strains. 

Im not in it for any profit, so any yield for me is a bonus. 

Same here everything i grow is for me, and free to my best mates.

1 person likes this

I think it was more to do with the old Lowryder 1 didn't get you high. Wasn't much else auto about then. I even see the odd moder auto that Trichome's do not ripen on and stay transparent. Auto's are good for a early harvest but I don't see a big advantage to say they are better than a semi auto unlike full photo. I just like the best of both I think. :skin_up:

2 people like this

Nice results