Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mcgarret

Female Seeds 2019 Outdoor Grow Diary: Critical Sour, Purple Maroc, Auto Speed Bud: Lat 50.5º

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Critical Sour, Purple Maroc, Auto Speed Bud: Lat 50.5º

Welcome to the garden, Lat 50.5º, open once a week, resident cats included. :cat:

Thanks Mr B. @Female Seeds Team:v:

Seeds arrived safely after being stuck in UK post for 10 days cos my safe addy m8 didn’t realise postage is paid on size first, then weight.

The self addressed stamped jiffy I’d sent him would’ve worked if he’d only included the seed packets and not the original bubble wrap…

Can do without freaking out with stress - imagining all sorts of evil shit! :headpain:

large.5cbd9bdd1ea01_FemaleSeeds.jpg

This season, got a mix of Autos and Fems, not all from Female Seeds, so just going to be journaling 3 Female Seeds strains.

Chucked in a Purple Maroc seed, a 6 years old Attitude UFO and by jingo it came up - Easter resurrection or what? So, she’s in the diary too.

Next week, adding a second Auto Speed Bud with a second batch of Autos and Fems.

Germed 10 seeds 11 days ago, all up in 2-5 days.

125w Blue CFL for a week, then under 250w Blue CFL.

1-3 days old, 125w Blue CFL.

large.5cbd9bea363a0_x101-3daysold.jpg

6-9 days old, 250w Blue CFL.

large.5cbd9bf4d35be_x106-9daysold.jpg

7-9 days old, Purple Maroc, Critical Sour 2, Critical Sour 1, Auto Speed Bud, Easter Sunday sunshine.

large.5cbd9c0916d11_x4FemaleSeeds7-9days.jpg

Plot in late March.

large.5cbd9c12015a0_PLOT24thMarch.jpg

Dug in home made compost, previous grows’ compost, Chicken Pellets, Growmore, FBB, wood ash

and covered with pond liner to stop weeds and warm up the soil.

Potatoes break up the soil, legumes fix nitrogen, introducing cannabis this third year into the rotation.

Plot now in late April. Onions and Potatoes in situ.

large.5cbd9c1c7e948_PLOT21stApril.jpg

Wired barrier against sheep, deer and rabbit as all are resident. Bugs and Slugs will require regulating, organically.

Got another week under 250w CFL, then into greenhouse, harden off, pot up the Autos, plant out the Fems.

Hope the weather is kind, got big cloches to protect from heavy precipitation. Autos will be in 10” pots on the patio and into the GH if needed.

The plot thickens - let’s grow.

:oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nice plot that is! Will tag along to see how you critical sour are doing bro :bong:

All the best! 

Edited by Mr_cocofibrelover
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Mr_cocofibrelover Hello fellow diarist, I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours... :blushing:

Edited by Mcgarret
3 people like this

looks great  mcgarret best of luck :yep:

@lois lane, thanks and GL with your season. And always a mouth watering pleasure to see your food. :eat:

Looking good sir! good luck for the season! 

LP

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

WEEK 2

What a difference a week makes.

Dropped the 250w CFL hours from 20 to 18 yesterday so Autos won’t shock into premature flower when they go in the GH in 4 days.

Should be around 16 hours natural daylight by then.

large.5cc80885be3ee_WEEK2x4FemaleSeeds.jpg

Feed: Formulex, 5ml/L and Root Stimulant, 1ml/L.

Got an organic holistic solution to Pest control - my cat has had two little rabbits this weekend. :cat:

Rather them than my plants I’d say. :yep:

This Rabbit has ‘ad it.

large.5cc8088f7c0fd_CATKILL.jpg

Not such a happy Bunny now?

Rab bits…

large.5cc8089680c9b_RABBITS.jpg

Summary: Harden off in the GH later this week, plant out Photos and pot up Autos by the weekend.

Got to germ a second batch of Autos and some more Photos today, so the second Auto Speed Bud will join the diary by next week…

Weather’s been cool and damp, but no cold nights or frosts, here comes summer.

3 years ago - a marker I laid down in my first year at Lat 50.5º, wonder if I’ll beat it?

large_BIG.jpg

Edited by Mcgarret
9 people like this

Looking good mate! 

Got a good cat there too, ours catches all the rat's from the back field to play with, then the dog goes in and finishes them off with a bite to the head :D

3 people like this

On 4/30/2019 at 4:33 PM, beezee said:

Got a good cat there too, ours catches all the rat's from the back field to play with, then the dog goes in and finishes them off with a bite to the head :D

Yep, your cat and dog make a good team, rope in your kid and you can retire, early. :idea:

Thanks to you I’m doing 2 Critical+ 2.0 Auto this season, one in 7.5L pot and the other in my veg patch plot. Good growing. :lucky:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

WEEK 3

A day late in posting, been busy with germinating, potting up, flowering - all at once,

- bit like that act of keeping several plates spinning around on tall bamboo sticks…

x4 Female Seeds, week 3.

large.5cd1b7e7177c3_x4FemaleSeedsWeek3.jpg

x3 Female Seeds planted out, week 3.

large.5cd1b7efea60f_x3OutdoorFemaleSeedsWeek3.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 3.

large.5cd1b7fb8cda7_FemaleSeedsCriticalSour1Week3.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 3.

large.5cd1b8020a9e5_FemaleSeedsCriticalSour2Week3.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 3.

large.5cd1b808c2b03_FemaleSeedsPurpleMarocWeek3.jpg

Clochés

large.Cloches.jpg

Copper collars for slug barriers. Clochés for fighting off heavy rain tonight/tomorrow - touché.

Auto Speed Bud has the GH. 

Auto Speed Bud, potted up, week 3. She’s got a scoliotic stem, but seems happy.

large.5cd1b81649ec4_FemaleSeedsAutoSpeedBudWeek3.jpg

Greenhouse.

large.Greenhouse.jpg

Feed: PM Soil Grow (soft water), 4ml/L, PM Root Stimulant 2ml/L, PM Catalyst 1ml/L, PM MagCal 0.5ml/L, PM BioSilicone 0.5ml/L, dash of Epsom Salts.

Half strength for the Auto Speed Bud.

Summary: Second Auto Speed Bud not yet a week old, decided to add it to the veg patch for a comparison

against the patio potted version, in for a penny, in for a pound (lb).

Lat 50.5º, weather is still lame, basking in cloudy 13ºc, soil temp 11ºc,  should be warming up by next weekend. :yep:

Edited by Mcgarret
9 people like this

20 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

WEEK 3

A day late in posting, been busy with germinating, potting up, flowering - all at once,

- bit like that act of keeping several plates spinning around on tall bamboo sticks…

x4 Female Seeds, week 3.

large.5cd1b7e7177c3_x4FemaleSeedsWeek3.jpg

x3 Female Seeds planted out, week 3.

large.5cd1b7efea60f_x3OutdoorFemaleSeedsWeek3.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 3.

large.5cd1b7fb8cda7_FemaleSeedsCriticalSour1Week3.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 3.

large.5cd1b8020a9e5_FemaleSeedsCriticalSour2Week3.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 3.

large.5cd1b808c2b03_FemaleSeedsPurpleMarocWeek3.jpg

Clochés

large.Cloches.jpg

Copper collars for slug barriers. Clochés for fighting off heavy rain tonight/tomorrow - touché.

Auto Speed Bud has the GH. 

Auto Speed Bud, potted up, week 3. She’s got a scoliotic stem, but seems happy.

large.5cd1b81649ec4_FemaleSeedsAutoSpeedBudWeek3.jpg

Greenhouse.

large.Greenhouse.jpg

Feed: PM Soil Grow (soft water), 4ml/L, PM Root Stimulant 2ml/L, PM Catalyst 1ml/L, PM MagCal 0.5ml/L, PM BioSilicone 0.5ml/L, dash of Epsom Salts.

Half strength for the Auto Speed Bud.

Summary: Second Auto Speed Bud not yet a week old, decided to add it to the veg patch for a comparison

against the patio potted version, in for a penny, in for a pound (lb).

Lat 50.5º, weather is still lame, basking in cloudy 13ºc, soil temp 11ºc,  should be warming up by next weekend. :yep:

Hello @Mcgarret, hope all is good my friend ;) First of all, thanks for starting this diary so fast, was looking forward to seeing you growing some of our gears. And secondly, thanks for all the detailed descriptions, really much appreciated. 

What a lovely sight, what a lovely sight for real :ohmygod: you prepared such a great plot for these ladies, and as a matter of fact your ladies are enjoying the new house ;)

Cheers for this beginning, pretty sure we'll have some fun around here.

Take care and stay high :smoke:
Mr B.

Take care and until next update

3 people like this

Thanks Mr B.
The number of times I've rescued Bees from the GH makes me high... :angel_not:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Week 4

Got some technical help from an old mate, he’s also great at heavy lifting.

large.Robby.jpg

x 3 Female Seeds, week 4.

large.5cdb019a59382_x3FemaleSeedsWeek4.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 4.

large.5cdb01a18c645_CriticalSour1Week4.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 4.

large.5cdb01a51262c_CriticalSour2Week4.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 4.

large.5cdb01a909ded_PurpleMarocWeek4.jpg

Auto Speed Bud, week 4. Pre flowers since last week.

large.5cdb01ad2fb0c_AutoSpeedBudWeek4.jpg

Robby relief.

large.5cdb01b176ccd_Robbyrelief.jpg

Feed: nothing since last week, as ground is still damp as is the potted Auto Speed Bud - heavy shower last Fri.

Summary: Plants almost doubled in height. Sunny last few days and the next.

Forbidden Planet soil temps 6-12ºC, air temps 7-17ºC.

Been very windy but sunny, got an exposed site, staked up as all needed it. Slug/snail copper force field now augmented by a physical barrier

of horticultural sharp sand and an outer ring of horticultural fine grit, both washed and lime free.

Getting a proper anti sheep barrier (aluminum hurdles) to go around the plot, another job for Robby the robot…

:spliff:

Edited by Mcgarret
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Week 5

x3 Female Seeds, week 5.

large.5ce7b7f3ec03c_x3FemaleSeedsWeek5.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 5.

large.5ce7b804ca906_FemaleSeedsCS1Week5.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 5.

large.5ce7b8171d886_FemaleSeedsCS2Week5.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 5.

large.5ce7b82554f53_FemaleSeedsPMWeek5.jpg

Auto Speed Bud, week 5. Flowering started.

large.5ce7b8359b573_AutoSpeedBudWeeks52.jpg

Auto Speed Bud, week 2.

large.5ce7b840c0707_AutoSpeedBudWeek2.jpg

Feed: 5ml/L PM Soil Grow (soft water), 0.5ml/L MagCal, 0.5ml/L Bio-silicon, 1ml/L Catalyst, 2.5ml Root Stimulant, dash of Epsom Salts.

Two thirds strength for the Auto Speed Buds.

Summary: Forbidden Planet (Altair IV), soil temps 9-15ºC, air temps 6-20ºC. Been very sunny, no rain, still cold nights.

Added the second Auto Speed Bud to the patch, just over two weeks old.

Also added the second wave of several more Autos and 6 RGS outdoor Fems and the last wave of Legumé vegetables.

The patch is full, oh yes!

:thisbig:

large.5ce7cc70b6b78_FullPatch.jpg

Got a resident Grass snake on the patch (dark olive green, thick as my finger, over 1’ long, not a slow worm me thinks?).

It lives in the low rock wall and and takes shade under the potatoes. Had a young Roe deer buck in my back garden the other evening, bambiesque.

First time this close, had to shoo him off with hand claps… Build it and they’ll come!

eta

Edited by Mcgarret
Another late posting, this time it’s indoor harvesting to blame. Hats off to all that juggle a family, a job and still manage to produce excellent outdoor grows. Top stuff you lot!
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Week 6

x4 Female Seeds, weeks 3-6.

large.5cecfb8839c60_x4FemaleSeedsWeeks3-6.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 6.

large.5cecfb903135a_CS1Week6.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 6. This is shooting up faster than a junkie in an alley way!

large.5cecfb9374b18_CS2Week6.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 6.

large.5cecfb968dd98_PMWeek6.jpg

Auto Speed Bud, week 6.

large.5cecfba081452_ASBWeek6.jpg

Auto Speed Bud, week 3.

large.5cecfb9e1070d_ASBWeek3.jpg

Feed: Same as last week, but ceased the Bio-silicon and Catalyst for the 6 week old Auto Speed Bud.

Summary: Forbidden Planet (Altair IV), soil temps 11-17ºC, air temps 10-20ºC. Been mild, sunny spells, light rain.

Had a raptor sat on one of the posts, not sure what species, same colouring as a wood pigeon, but sleeker.

A Rainbow Bridge with the view from my office. The plot thickens, oh yes!

large.5cecfba4607b8_RainbowBridge.jpg

eta: ok, so I’ve posted a pic of my vicinity, but I doubt Google Street View have it to correlate my location.

Only a handful of humans have ever stood here and non of my few old neighbours go online looking at cannabis (yet).

GCHQ, come and get me! Rippers have to get past Robby’s force field, a big cat, big raptor, big snake and lil’ old me… :med:

Edited by Mcgarret
5 people like this