Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Satchitananda

Splinter Z - which 510 mod?

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Arthur Mix
Realised vendor forum whoops
1 person likes this

Right now I think your best options are Pipes or Fluxer on FC forums, Lucid Customs, an SJK table top dental thing or making your own 

I have a Portside Mini and a Skeletor from Pipes which I highly recommend, and I'm also on the list for a Fluxer deluxe and keeping an eye on development by DynaVap and a couple of projects using temp control and smaller form factors.

The DynaVap one looks like it won't be long now which I think will be the coffee cup design we've seen with USB charging but I'm more excited about the possibility of TC and a smaller form factor to be honest 

1 person likes this

@Hippie on hill I wonder how the  SJK dental things compare to stuff made for the Dynavap...would it provide a snug fit or does that even matter?

It's not the fit :) 

The SJK ones are designed for heating up dental tools to melt and manipulate modelling wax, which also works for heating up our Vapcaps

There are videos on Youtube of people using them but I think they need resetting all the time when the unit warms up after a few cycles and some of the wiring inside looks a bit flimsy to me. 

Back on topic, seeing as this was a Splinter thread ....

The latest Arctic Fox firmware update has a 60 second Autofire feature, which I have been enjoying with my Splinters this week  :yep:

I think I prefer the sur_myevic layout and the way sur_myevic displays the temp rather than the AF Temp Protect message flickering away all the time but others may think different (and I'm hoping there's a switch somewhere for that)

The config tools and the ability to import and use csv material files for temp control are also big pluses for AF too imo 

Has anyone else here built themselves an extension lead for their Splinters? 

I was always a little apprehensive putting the weight of the Splinter and a 2 or 3 battery mod, oddly balanced, upside down on my glass so I've used an old RDA, 14 gauge wire and a 510 connector to make an extension lead. 

A 60 second autofire cruise in temp control with AF allows enough time for a few big hands free rips on the bong and it's reassuring to know it won't meltdown or drain the battery indefinitely if I forget to switch it off afters  :bong:

1 person likes this

@Hippie on hill thanks man, I found some videos on Youtube last night so I know what you mean about the SJK.

I am about to get the adaptor for the splinter for my bong and was concerned about the weight/balance myself. However I am not going to try and build an extension lead or anything, I might as well just use my Enano if I did that. My Wismec is the 2 battery version so hopefully it will be ok-ish for weight.

Also, I have gone back to power mode from TCR. It seems to work better for me now.

I always wondered why people had more than one vape, now I have four, lol. 

Myfinal update, probably. 

I have a Solo (1) and an Enano, I don't use them anymore even though they are decent vapes.

The Splinter, in wattage mode, is as powerful as any vape you are going to get, it's up to you to learn how to use it. I assume the "Z" is even better but it's not worth twice the price to me atm.

Then someone, probably @Hippie on hill said all I needed now was a vapcap and he was right. It hit's harder than even the splinter. 

They both have quite a steep learning curve and I have burned the throat off myself getting it wrong, but when you get it right. :) 

Sorry m8 I think you've caught a dose of my VAS 

Escape while you still can before the MAS (mod acquisition syndrome) and SAS (stem acquisition syndrome) kick in 

You'll be looking at every tube you see as Vapcap stem next 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Hippie on hill, yep I am digging the vapes, lol. I am amazed by the Vapcap. I bought the Splinter cos I hoped for a log vape  experience without the wait (of course you can always leave the log vape on but that isn't always convenient). I still prefer the log vape through water, but again that might be a learning curve thing. But for now, I can't get the Splinter to match the E-nano through water. I prefer the Splinter over the E-nano without water though. But then I got the Vapcap! And I use it 50% of the time at least.  It's the most economical, hardest hitting vape I have ever used and it's a metal tube, lol.  :) 

And I already bough the XL8R stem...I was pleased to get a "fat mouthpiece" for the Vapcap cos it works perfectly in a 14mm joint and costs 99p.

Edited by ananda
1 person likes this

On 17/06/2019 at 11:25 AM, Hippie on hill said:

SAS (stem acquisition syndrome) kick in 

You'll be looking at every tube you see as Vapcap stem next 

It's a bit like lens aquisiton syndrome, I used to have  DSLR camera and I spent more time buying lenses for it than using it. That doesn't apply to vapes, lol.