Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ananda

Splinter Z - which 510 mod?

77 posts in this topic

I am thinking of getting the Splinter Z and don't know much about vape batteries, I believe it uses a 510 mod. The Dabstorm 2.5 looks like good value atm, any good? What do others use?

Happy Easter :)

I like the Wismec RX Gen3 dual with sur_myevic firmware altho a DNA mod will give you better temp control 

2 people like this

Thanks, I will look into those :) 

I use a couple of ijoy captains,  dual 20700 batteries, Freeman pro dual mesh bubble tank, jobs a goodun 

1 person likes this

One thing is it says it's not compatible with temp control mods, but then in the pics it seems to be connected to a Wismec Reuleaux.

@Eelhelmet thanks man :) 

Also!

There are two versions atm, one is called the "Bubbing+ V1 420 special" and is £75 which seems like a bargain...but what is the difference between that and the normal one?

Posted (edited)

Just use a standard mod & wattage mode over here, Coolfire 4 TC100; ~35w. Might have a look into mods with different firmwares, but really have no need for cruise control or preheats- takes no time for these mods to heat up. 

The V1 was built with mica and the V2 ceramic iirc.

I would personally recommend grabbing the Z over the standard. The Zion heater :notworthy:

Edited by stickyblack
1 person likes this

Hmm...mica instead of wood. Not sure if I would fancy that. The Z is on offer atm too. I could get an Ileaf 80w mod for £25. thanks @stickyblack

The V1 is £75.95 and the Z is £121.59 at the moment (before the forum discount ;)

The Z is based on the Zion heater and the standard splinter is based on the smaller Milaana heater, so they're basically Zions and Milaanas for boxmods 

Ryan (RBT) doesn't support temp control in either but there are plenty of us with it setup and working fine.

I'd grab a cooling mouthpiece aswell btw, whichever you choose. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

The V1 is £75.95 and the Z is £121.59 at the moment (before the forum discount ;)

The Z is based on the Zion heater and the standard splinter is based on the smaller Milaana heater, so they're basically Zions and Milaanas for boxmods 

Ryan (RBT) doesn't support temp control in either but there are plenty of us with it setup and working fine.

I'd grab a cooling mouthpiece aswell btw, whichever you choose. 

Thanks man, there's a forum discount? It gets better. :) Cheers for all the help. 

ps

how do I get the forum discount? 

Edited by ananda

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ananda said:

Hmm...mica instead of wood. Not sure if I would fancy that. The Z is on offer atm too. I could get an Ileaf 80w mod for £25. thanks @stickyblack

All Splinters are made from wood. The diffence being in the heater, the V2 now uses ceramic plate.

The Z and customZ are both fully ceramic. 

420 promo code will save ya tenner :yep:

Would also grab a water adapter.

Edited by stickyblack
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, stickyblack said:

All Splinters are made from wood. The diffence being in the heater, the V2 now uses ceramic plate.

The Z and customZ are both fully ceramic. 

420 promo code will save ya tenner :yep:

Would also grab a water adapter.

The water adapter is oos and so is the XL8R which I like the look of. Code works, thanks. 

This water adapter .. You hook it up to your own glass :yep:

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, stickyblack said:

This water adapter .. You hook it up to your own glass :yep:

1 hour ago, stickyblack said:

I have a log vape that I use with a bubbler so I think I want an XL8R stem or something like that. :)

Not sure whether you know that they use 19/19 fittings (19mm dia and 19mm deep) which is non standard so there aren't many options off the shelf unless you're comfy grinding or cutting a standard fitting down to size.

The Vapefiend cooling mouthpiece works well altho they're big and a pain is the backside to clean (you can't get a brush inside) ...... and you gotta ask them for 19/19 

I prefer a nobbly stem like the XL8Rs, I just wish the nobbles were at 120 degrees to each other to make the vapour travel further.

3 people like this