Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Serpent

All About Motorcycle Racing

As the British Superbikes kicks off this weekend which is already shaping up to be a cracking season, I thought I might as well start a thread about motorcycle racing in general as I’m guessing they’ll be handful of fans (geeks) on here?

We can use this to talk about MotoGP, World Superbikes, British Superbikes, Road Racing, even Endurance as you’ve gotta admire the nutters who compete at Le Mans and the Bol d’Or 24 hour races, the former also happens this weekend.

Is anyone looking forward to Silverstone? I for one will be tuning in and first practice is happening as I type with Redding leading the way.

2 people like this

I love to watch the bikes on the telly. It's like a special treat when it's on, so I get my self comfy and watch every minute. I didn't realise how skilled those guys are until I bought myself a superbike (GSXR1000). It was a beast! I've sold it now because I didn't want to die!

3 people like this

I delivered a lorry full of monster to there concession stand in Caldwell park last year when the superbikes was on, ended up watching the racing for a few hours, I’m not really a bikey person i was bored shitless after 20 mins once the novelty of how fast they were going had worn off lol the next day I could barely move my neck lollol

Its the same for f1, I really enjoy it on tv but being at the track is shite it’s hard to even tell who’s winning live, and all the action happens mostly out of view.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Can't wait for the Knockhill round, my 'local' track. Been there a few years on the trot now and also watch BTCC there.

Will be hundreds of bukes past here on their way to the Northwest 200 in May,I may join them this year.

Bio :)

Edited by Biokid
Add some stuff
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Serpent said:

As the British Superbikes kicks off this weekend which is already shaping up to be a cracking season, I thought I might as well start a thread about motorcycle racing in general as I’m guessing they’ll be handful of fans (geeks) on here?

We can use this to talk about MotoGP, World Superbikes, British Superbikes, Road Racing, even Endurance as you’ve gotta admire the nutters who compete at Le Mans and the Bol d’Or 24 hour races, the former also happens this weekend.

Is anyone looking forward to Silverstone? I for one will be tuning in and first practice is happening as I type with Redding leading the way.

Awesome mate  looking forward to the bsb this year also . will be doing donnington and cadwell this summer for the bsb and donnington again for the wsb

Edited by Dr feelgood
2 people like this

BSB will be a load of crap this year full of kids paying to ride a second rate bike (apart from Scott) and if he don't win it by a mile I will eat my own arse!. World superbikes is the where its at that V4 panigale is light years ahead even with them taking 250rpm off and about time too. Michael will this year smash the lap record at the TT and Dean Harrison will be the "Cock of the North" on the Mount once again.

1 person likes this

Good to see there's a bit of interest in this and I have to disagree @polo71 WSB has been a bit boring with only being 17/18 bikes on track and Bautista leaving everyone for dust, that said, he is riding the wheels off the Ducati V4 and Rea has no answer. And I don't think Redding will have it all his own way in BSB, its a brand new bike, no electronics and he doesn't know the circuits, that said, I reckon he'll still be up there as there's no denying he can be fast on his day but Brookes was fastest in FP1 at Silverstone yesterday and O'Halloran in FP2, Redding was sixth and seventh.

And I love the roads, agreed Dunlop is gonna be hungry at the TT this year, also good to see Olivers Mount back in 2019, and the Irish roads season kicks off next week with the Cookstown 100, quickly followed by Tandragee then the first of the big internationals, NW200 so its going to be a busy few weeks :)

2 people like this

It must be too long since I watched wsb if Reas and Kawasaki aren't dominating anymore. How is bautista doing so well the chap was worthless in moto gp I wouldn't of had much hope in Redding either lol. Dunlops are always hungry:yep: :lucky::bong:

1 person likes this

the only racing that interests me is MotoGP & Road racing like the NW200 or the TT.

3 people like this

On 4/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Woodie2010 said:

It must be too long since I watched wsb if Reas and Kawasaki aren't dominating anymore. How is bautista doing so well the chap was worthless in moto gp I wouldn't of had much hope in Redding either lol. Dunlops are always hungry:yep: :lucky::bong:

I think @Woodie2010 as he has experience with a V4 Ducati, all be it a MotoGP bike, he's just getting to grips with it quicker than Davies et al and maybe suits his riding style better? Either way he's running away with it with 11 out of 11 wins.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:16 AM, Joint hogger said:

the only racing that interests me is MotoGP & Road racing like the NW200 or the TT.

Although I'm a fan of racing in general, my go to is the roads, you just can't beat racing between the hedges and you can get so much closer at the track than you can at short circuits. I do watch MotoGP, but only the highlights on Quest, damned if I'm paying for BT Sport as most of the fee is for football which I have zero interest in.

The BSB was a cracker at the weekend, Redding didn't get it all his own way and did anyone see that monster crash in the Superstock...

3 people like this

It’s quite a busy time for racing throughout May/June, so here’s some dates for your diaries...

09/05 – 11/05 / EWC 8 Hours of Slovakia Ring

10/05 – 12/05 / WSBK Imola, Italy

14/05 – 18/05 / North West 200

17/05 – 19/05 / MotoGP Le Mans, France

23/05 – 27/05 / Isle Of Man Pre-TT Classic Road Races

24/05 – 26/05 / BSB Donnington

25/05 – 07/06 / Isle Of Man TT

31/05 – 01/06 / MotoGP Mugello, Italy

07/06 – 09/06 / WSBK Jerez, Spain

08/06 / Isle Of Man Post-TT Road Races

Did anyone catch BSB at Oulton Park yesterday? Brookes scooped a double and Redding, considering it was a track I thought he’d struggle at got 2 solid results, fifth in race one and fourth in race two.

And if anyone is interested Cookstown highlights are on BBC One NI tonight (Channel 953 if you have Sky) then repeated on ITV 4 on Thursday. Over the coming weeks BBC NI are also airing Tandagree, the North West 200 and a tribute to William Dunlop which is a must watch.

large.Road-Racing-TV.jpg

3 people like this

First practice for the North West 200 kicks off very soon, newcomers are currently out and the BBC are streaming all practice and races again this year...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/northern-ireland/48187687

Rumour has it Dunlop has a dodgy wrist after a tumble during testing the other day, but hey, when has a niggling injury stopped him, also looking forward to seeing McGuinness out on the Norton's

3 people like this

They Norton’s look and sound gorgeous..gies a shot!,,   few of me mates away today  and sun is shining its ass off!!  Typical I’m no going this year (Bairns ,life and dead bike on ramp) .. ah well beer and tv it is? :bong:

2 people like this

Well done John McPhee :clapping:

Owd

1 person likes this

Agreed @Owderb sadly I haven't seen the race yet, I'll have to wait for the highlights on Quest tomorrow, that said they only show a few laps of the Moto3 race :(

Sadly the North West 200 was a bit of a wash out yesterday, the final Superbike race was cancelled and grids depleted for the other races due to awful conditions, great to see Hillier & Todd get wins though :)

Roll on the TT as first practice is in just 6 days, although it clashes with BSB at Donnington so Hickman won't be out.