Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Greenflowz

What's people thoughts on the Autopot water system?

29 posts in this topic

very forgiving system, really easy to use, can leave for 2-3 weeks easily, easily yield 4oz per plant in 60/40 with 2" of clay pebbles at bottom of pot for drainage

1 person likes this

Just now, BB420sd said:

very forgiving system, really easy to use, can leave for 2-3 weeks easily, easily yield 4oz per plant in 60/40 with 2" of clay pebbles at bottom of pot for drainage

I find that I’m doing a new res every 3/4 days with a 100l res to be honest mate 

Just now, Lewg91 said:

I find that I’m doing a new res every 3/4 days with a 100l res to be honest mate 

i dunno how thats happening mate mines only 120 and easily does 2 weeks, do you have 2" of just pebbles in the bottom of the pot? maybe your humidity is lower than mine so they are more thirsty? not sure

Just now, BB420sd said:

i dunno how thats happening mate mines only 120 and easily does 2 weeks, do you have 2" of just pebbles in the bottom of the pot? maybe your humidity is lower than mine so they are more thirsty? not sure

Yeah mate I have 2 inch of pebbles in the bottom. They are pretty big plants to be honest bigger than I wanted but I think the max I have done is 5 days and it’s empty 

Just now, Lewg91 said:

Yeah mate I have 2 inch of pebbles in the bottom. They are pretty big plants to be honest bigger than I wanted but I think the max I have done is 5 days and it’s empty 

seems to be drinking it fast though, you must have double my plants haha! get a bigger res only solution i suppose

8 minutes ago, BB420sd said:

seems to be drinking it fast though, you must have double my plants haha! get a bigger res only solution i suppose

There’s 6 plants in there all roughly 4ft from top of the pot stretched way more than I expected 

On 4/17/2019 at 0:14 PM, sms8 said:

Just having a look at the oxypot xl is it fair to say a relatively noobie hydro grower could have successful results, I like the fact the footprint is essentially the same as a plant pot but I'm just wondering how much messing about this would involve thinking of running eight* debating whether to switch from soil....whats the work load like, do you get a much better plant and yield from one of these vs a good soil based system?

No messing about really just maintaining water levels in a bucket and your ph/nutrients. The workload is practically nothing when I drain my buckets and top up it takes me maybe 20 minutes and 19 mins of that is just sitting there smoking a joint waiting to turn my pump off lol

Dwc plants grow very fast you definitely wouldn't regret it I have 2 in a 4x4 tent and after 30days veg tent is full 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Used them early on in my growing career, great to use, easy and forgiving. 

I would say say they aren’t great if you want to run different strains at the same time as you’re making a bulk feed for all the pots. If they need different nute ratios then it can cause over or under feed problems :yep:

Edited by Cursed
3 people like this

On 6/12/2019 at 9:50 AM, Cursed said:

Used them early on in my growing career, great to use, easy and forgiving. 

I would say say they aren’t great if you want to run different strains at the same time as you’re making a bulk feed for all the pots. If they need different nute ratios then it can cause over or under feed problems :yep:

What is the best hydro method for multiple strains if you want good yeilds and the ability to go away for a week or 2? Is it even possible without multiple reservoirs?

I have had some very good results in the past with the Autopot system, got many bonuses and pros going for it. I will defo be using them again when I deviate from the current GG obsession. I will probably go for the XL this time as have a different outlook on growing now than I used to have, and most definitely feel less is more. 

I found them quite bombproof to be honest and had less issues with nutrient lock versus hand watering straight coco for instance.

Some people find that the final flush is sub par but I didn't notice this. One of the pros is that you can treat them like individual pots and spin them around and remove them for individual flushes etc. I found that a fridge shelf over a toilet was good. 

I definitely would not run multi strains with this set up unless you can find strains that are similar in nutrient strength, uptake etc which is neither here nor there. I used to run up to 12 different strains as mums and always found it best to treat them on an individual basis. 

Autopots are cool, I love em, changing the res will depend on many variables such as how much juice they suck up etc. 

I also used to run drip clean with my stock nutes :yep:

And defo run expanded clay with the coco, and make sure you wash the clay first (shower is cool) to get rid of the sediment etc etc etc ;) 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ukscroger said:

What is the best hydro method for multiple strains if you want good yeilds and the ability to go away for a week or 2? Is it even possible without multiple reservoirs?

I’ll be honest, I’m not a hydro grower and only used autopits briefly, so I’m not the best person to ask. 

but I’d say that unless you can find strains that are similar in feed levels then it’ll be a struggle.

1 person likes this

Single dwc buckets with some kind of auto top off maybe? Be alot of effort with different strains obviously with seperate bucket and feed for each. I have a little submersible pump bodged up myself for if I'm away long time just put it on a timer and drop it in some room temp tap water and I'm good for a few days. It's not flawless it's a bodge lol I have to choose between not quite topping up enough or flooding my tent.

But I'm sure you could improve on it 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A friend does multiple strains in

dwc and hasn’t had too many issues as far as I know. 

He he is having issues at the moment though, he has a pheno of one strain that is very squat in stature compared to the rest of the plants in the tent, so is being swamped by the others (this would be a problem in any medium) but the squat one is also a light feeder so is being further stunted by over feeding. It might as well not be there to be honest as he’s going to get fuck all off it.

Edited by Cursed

I'm usually in dwc and wouldn't recommend multi strains in this system, too much difference between their needs...:yep:

2 people like this