Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

fidelandche

Pax 2 advice/help

Hi all,

After years of smoking dube's, my wife and I decided to stop smoking and go over to a vape. We've tried the Arizer Extreme Q and, I struggled with it to get high, even though my wife got high (we were sharing a bowl). So sold the Q and gave up for a few months. So unfortunately we ended up smoking ( tobacco) again, moved over to herbal tobacco and hemp to have in a dube, but I coughed like a b****r, so bought a Px 2 to share. Been using it for nearly a year now, with the odd few cheeky dubes (with tobacco) thrown in.

So, to my problem. I struggle to get high on the Pax, we share the Pax, by me taking a few rips and then passing to my wife and so on until the oven is gone. We put 0.15-0.2 in a half oven (we  use the half oven door that Pax and Vapefiend sell) or 0.3-.04.0 in a full oven.

The vapour produced is small, we have tried it on all heat settings, but the oven goes quickly and there is a small improvement in the vapour. The high is slightly better, but doesn't last long. I clean the Pax every few days.

So, what I am thinking is it is one of the following?

1 - Something wrong with the Pax?

2 - Poor quality herb? ( tried different strains and still the same)

3 - Poor grind? ( I grind until pretty fine)

4 - Poor packing of the oven? ( I don't cram it in hard, but not sure if it's still to hard)

5 - The Pax is not the vape up to the job? Have been thinking of perhaps buying something more expensive, but still portable.

Cheers :yep:

I've had a Pax 2 for few years now , also previously had an extreme Q just like you.

Pax 2 is a portable dry herb Vape , that portability / stealth comes at the cost of performance IMO, not that it's shit just just limited due its size /price /age.

IMO for a portable dry herb Vape it's great, specially at the price point but it's not going to perform at the level of desktop Vape.

(think of it as a laptop/tablet to a full tower gaming rig)

i use mine when I'm out and about and need it to fit in my pocket and not look obvious which it does well IMO. 

That  being said I wouldn't want to depend on it all the time.

Get a desktop Vape for when your a home and you want to get the most out of it , I use Vapexhale cloud Evo.

expensive but worth it. 

Goodluck 

I gave up smoking tobacco almost 3 years ago, I use a Mighty for vaping the herb and occasionally a basic pipe I bought at a headshop, also I found out lately that I can use the residue from the Mighty as a tobacco substitute for the odd dube :)

Once it gives up the ghost I think I'll probably get another, not cheap tho :(

Pays for itself pretty quickly mind, I probably smoke 40% less than I did and when you're buying it that soon adds up.

1 person likes this

You wont regret a mighty purchase.  I have the crafty too which hits just as hard but i lived with the mighty for home and away use for a year before and i reckon it was the smarter purchase. 

1 person likes this

VapeExhale is the way to go for a home plug in vape. It has a very broad temp control that when turned right up will burn your herb. Obviously this isnt the point of a vapouriser but you can almost certainly strike a happy medium between the two (smoking/vaping), which for a smoker can be very helpful when trying to switch to full time vaping. Once youre used to it you can back down the temp until youre in the realms of pure vaping.

Posted (edited)

Salutations

5 hours ago, fidelandche said:

...what I am thinking is it is one of the following?

4 - Poor packing of the oven?  ...

Your hint right there above IMHO!  Or more precisely, avoid "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" for a serious redistribution of your cards, including the most "venerable" Volcano and its suite.

M'well.  My2 cents anyway!  :innocent:

Good day, have fun!!  :v:

Edited by Egzoset

16 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Salutations

Your hint right there above IMHO!  Or more precisely, avoid "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" for a serious redistribution of your cards, including the most "venerable" Volcano and its suite.

M'well.  My2 cents anyway!  :innocent:

Good day, have fun!!  :v:

So avoiding hot dry air ovenizers, what's a good vape to use for two people sharing? Been looking at the Ghost MV1

1 person likes this

So, what's the best way to pack the oven?

Hi again FidelAndChe,

As far as i' concerned the ovenization feature needs to be recognized early, then its associated "Release/Agent Transport" which won't get acknowledged neither by the vast majority of manufacturers IMHO.

Once you've trained to identify vaporizers based on those 2 market-leading features your fun-seeking quest can begin as it makes room for other alternatives which do not necessarily belong to this slow/steady (static) club;  e.g. personally i much prefer Pulse/Flash Vaporization because its dynamic context opens the door to poorly-explored under-estimated alternatives equally worth consideration.

When it's better understood what's the strong points of a Volcano vs its fundamental design flaws one may finally feel a lot more at ease leaving aside price-tag selection criterias to favour the fundamental ones.  For example what's the exact goal of its mission and does a chosen strategy guaranty success?

So, if one's only objective was to extract everything possible simply to promote the most opaque clouds imaginable then, m'yeah, shuffling it all into the oven of some fance/expensive black-box design for minutes shall indeed generate the "CHEAT" effect that was expected.  But there's a catch...

Modern-day mari-caca as sold by "legal" LPs only promise a soup of pesticides, some of the systematic type and hence i see little value in deep extraction from these plants - though true "BIO" would be a very different story.

Nonetheless, in a "Big-Cannabbis" environment i find little comfort in contemplating extreme extraction that sucks out all juices including systematic pesticides and related residues permeating through vegetal tissue.  In consequence, knowing the trichome gland is the only barrier blocking such nuisance on a molecular basis (at the site of genesis...) it makes even less rational sense NOT to valorize such unique opportunity.  But that's me!

Perhaps you'll just never know where the "kick" actually came from (and even live happy ever after...), or eventually feel it's time to get an update once the smoke-screen has cleared...

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

I have good reason to believe that the mating surfaces of some of your smoking devices are somewhat flawed.  Swirl marks and poor polishing is the indicator of a shoddy workman.  For maximum efficiency  mating faces should be perfectly  smooth.  Hence forth is disregard any of your thermal advances are null and void due to less than efficient blue printing and execution.  Rendering theories and other hyperbole, in the 'without adequate citation file".  Tolerances are required at acceptable level of design.  

I don’t even know what I just read lol 

1 person likes this